Beast

Once Upon A Time... (on hiatus)

His delicate nice light tanned hands kept picking up a handful of wheat and throwing them onto the floor, or in the birdhouse. His Father had built a long fence where they kept the birds; chickens, roosters, hens, and ducks.

 

Leeteuk loved the ducks. They never did hurt him, and he never did hurt them. He feed them and made sure they were living happily and in a comfortable life. If there was something he caught that was wrong, he would immediately report it to his parents about it. He cared for the ducks.

 

He shooed away the chickens, hens, and roosters; he had feed them already. It was the ducks’ turn now. He feed them last since he thought the last are the best or at least that’s what he went by when he feed the ducks.

 

He giggled as he noticed ducklings spreading their wings and running around everywhere. He would likely get all the babies and bring them to his house so he can give them a nice bath so they’d be clean and groomed goodly with trusted hands.

 

“Jungsoo! Jungsoo! Oh Jungsoo!” Leeteuk flinched when he heard the name. It was his Sister, Park In Young, who was calling out to him. She always called him by the first name, but he usually liked it best when people called him by his chosen nickname, ‘Leeteuk.’

 

Leeteuk turned around to notice his Sister outside of the fence. He ran towards where she was and went to ask one question, “What is it, In Young noona?”

 

In Young brushed her bangs away from her face and whispered loudly, “Papa is leaving!”

 

Leeteuk tilted his head and placed the pail of wheat down onto the ground, finding ducks and ducklings crowding at the pail, he placed his hands on his hips, “Why? Didn’t he leave off for a trip a week ago? He came back yesterday! He’s leaving again?”

 

In Young sighed deeply, “It is indeed very, strange. But not even Mama’s words would be able to get him out of his addiction of trips for business. But we can’t either.”

 

Leeteuk felt a little sad when his Sister said, “Mama.” He remembered it was only three years ago when his Mother had moved on from the living land and to where the afterlife was. A disease had stolen her from her family. Now, it was just Leeteuk, Mr. Park, and In Young left.

 

“Come,” In Young said as she grabbed her Brother’s wrist, “Let’s go inside to say goodbye to Papa before he comes out here and gets the waterworks out of us.”

 

Leeteuk didn’t want to leave.

He wanted to stay with his ducks.

But this was family business.

 

Leeteuk took the pail, shooing every bird and chick away, and then dumped the whole pail of wheat onto the ground. He jumped over the fence and followed his Sister.

 

Once they entered the house, Leeteuk wasn’t surprised to see the three light brown bags on the purple couch and blue chairs. This was what the living room always looked like every time his Papa went on a trip.

 

Mr. Park entered the living room with a sweet and soft smile, “Teukie, Youngie? My children! On my trips, my important ones, I would never forget you two. Ever. So do tell me,” Mr. Park took a notepad and a pen from his pocket and was ready to write down once he asked In Young and Leeteuk, “What would you guys like?”

 

In Young raised her eyebrows and placed her hands on her hips. She pursed her lips and shook her head, “What are you doing, Papa?”

 

“Papa we want you!  Can’t you stay with us? Please?” Leeteuk begged with watery eyes.

 

Mr. Park chuckled, “Oh the most important thing to me is my children! I love you Teukie, and Youngie, please remember that. Understand that I’m doing this so we can support ourselves. I want to be a considerate Father, so please bear with me.”

 

In Young displayed a soft smile since her Father insisted, “A necklace with the finest rubies and perhaps dresses with jeweled collars.” Mr. Park looked dazed, but shrugged and jotted everything down.

 

He turned to his son, “And what about you, Teukie?” He noticed a sad smile on his son’s face.

 

Leeteuk spoke softly, “Having you here would be amazing, but…a white rose would do.” Mr. Park opened his mouth to protest, but he was leaving which makes things worse and objecting would cause an argument, and he didn’t want to. He jotted down his son’s request.

 

In Young and Leeteuk followed their Father outside to bid goodbye to him properly. They each gave him a kiss on the head and cheek and waved their hands goodbye. Their faces showed sadness as their Father went far and farther until he was just a black dot in the distance.

 

~~~

 

        As Mr. Park continued driving in his car, but it made things a bit difficult since rain was pouring down continuously. He hadn’t expected this much of rain. This moment brought back memories. One of them that he’d never forget was when his son was born. It was a rainy day and the best day of his and his wife’s life. They had been blessed with a true angel.

 

He growled deeply as he realized that he couldn’t get anywhere in this weather. He knew what all that meant if he couldn’t get anywhere.

 

He couldn’t do his business; selling stuff.

 

He wouldn’t make it to the hotel that he spent lots of money on.

 

And the people who wanted to help him make his business something big wouldn’t be pleased with a tardy person.

 

He squinted his eyes as he noticed something in the big window. He noticed there was a huge black mansion. The thing was he’d have to abandon his car there, and walk all the way to the mansion. He couldn’t drive since it’d be too much of a risk.

 

Then again, what if he wasn’t accepted? What if he went to ask to stay for the night and end up being rejected? He’d have only his car and his backseat was full of bags. For now, he could only pray to God to allow the owner of mansion to allow him to stay.

 

As he exited his car with his wallet and phone, and a folder to shield his head from the rain drops. He had groaned every step he took since his clothes were being dirtied from the mud puddles. He should’ve gotten at least the bag with his clothes just in case.

 

Sadly, he didn’t.

 

As he finally made it to mansion’s door, he knocked on it hardly only to be answered with nothing. Perhaps no one was home? There were no cars or any signs of people living here. What if this mansion was abandoned and the keys were lost? His luck would be crushed. Even though there was no answer, he banged on the doors and yelled, “Please! Please! Let me in! I’m soaking! Please! Please!” To his surprise, the door opened, but there was no one there.

 

Mr. Park walked in the mansion and jumped when he heard the doors close with no one there.

 

Mr. Park jumped when he saw a young man with a smile was in front of him.

 

Mr. Park raised an eyebrow, and opened his mouth, “Why hello? Um, were you the one to open and close the door? Are you…the owner of this mansion?”

 

The young man chuckled deeply and shook his head, “Nope! I’ve been friends with the owner for years! My parents and his were fellow friends! But, I think the master would be fine with you…here? But why were you on Earth knocking???”

 

Mr. Park smiled nervously, “It’s pouring rocks out there and I couldn’t get to my destination in this weather, so, I noticed there was…there was a mansion. I wanted to know if I can stay one night and then leave in the morning?”

 

The young man raised an eyebrow, “Um, I hope the master is fine with that. Likely he will be. We don’t get many guests.”

 

The man had led Mr. Park into a dining room that already had plates and pots full of food. He also realized there was only one chair by the huge brown rectangular table.

 

Mr. Park cleared his throat, “Why is there only one chair? Do you possibly have any others living with you and your master???”

 

The man shrugged, “It’s me, some others too, and then my master. But that’s so far the only ones who live here. But, please enjoy the food, as much as your stomach desires, and then you can look around, but please don’t head to the west wing. It’s…it’s forbidden.”

 

Mr. Park was about to protest, but the man ran out. He did what the man said, and ate as much as he could. It wasn’t long till he was full and got up to explore the huge mansion that had him curious.

 

He found a backdoor that lead to the backyard. He was surprised to see a humongous garden. Sadly, as he made it into the garden, he found himself remembering about Leeteuk; he had wanted the finest white rose. It was sad knowing that he couldn’t get anything for In Young since he had never made it to his destination.

 

He found himself in the rose section, and immediately spotted a white rose surrounded by red roses. He found it quite strange how his son could possibly want a rose, especially a white one with no color. Not only that, but he found himself remembering that Leeteuk was a bit feminine and girly, especially by how much he adored ducks.

 

He reached out and picked the rose out and smiled brightly until he heard something from the bush. His body shook as he looked directly at the bush to find the scariest face he’s ever seen before.

 

He’s never seen such thing before.

Beast features.