Flowers

Once Upon A Time... (on hiatus)

Eunhyuk had woken up to all sorts of stuff and he tried seeing the positive side of everything that was going on. He woke up at 6:20 in the morning due to some loud banging noise that sounded like someone was banging on the entry door, trying to enter the house. He made his way out of his room and was surprised to see his mother talking calmly with Tiffany on similar chairs. The two were engulfed in their conversation that it had taken them a few seconds to realize Eunhyuk was in the room.

 

"Eunhyuk, dear...Why are you up? It's quite early." Hyohyeon said as she looked away from Tiffany and took a glance at her watch before looking back at her son. "Surely you're still sleepy."

 

Eunhyuk crossed his arms and shrugged. "U-uh no, it's okay." He wrinkled his nose before gesturing towards the entrance door with curiosity. He stared at the locks before asking, "Did you hear that noise?"

 

Hyohyeon narrowed her eyes and raised her left eyebrow before relying. "What noise, dear?"

 

"That loud banging noise." Eunhyuk answered. He was shocked that neither of them heard it, especially if they were sitting so close to the entrance door. It was hard to believe that they didn't hear it. 

 

Hyohyeon shook her head and turned to Tiffany. "Did you hear anything, Fany?"

 

"Nothing." Tiffany replied quickly. She burst into laughter and shook her head as she stared back at the young male. "Are you hearing things now?"

 

Eunhyuk widened his eyes by her words. She liked insulting him and he thought it was more than simply teasing him. She was never nice to him and he wasn't that rude to her. Since she was his babysitter and his mother never got rid of her, he had to tolerate her. Besides, he could always just stay in his room and ignore her. But the fact that she was insisting that he was mad, made him angered. 

 

"I'm not stupid! I'm not hearing things either!" Eunhyuk exclaimed in anger as he pouted.

 

Hyohyeon rose from her chair and caressed her son's face and spoke softly to him. "Oh calm, my dear, calm down. You do know she's just joking, right? Anyone who calls my lovely flower names with meaning will pay a price." 

 

Eunhyuk sighed deeply. "But mother, I wasn't-"

 

"I know, I know. I believe you, my dear. I promise to take a look outside before I head to work, okay?" Hyohyeon said with a bright smile.

 

Eunhyuk smiled sweetly at his mother, knowing he could trust her. "Okay."

 

"Good!" Hyohyeon exclaimed as she pecked her son's cheek and approached the coffee table to get her purse. "Now, I didn't get to ask you my dear, but what would you like for you eighteenth birthday?"

 

To see the world outside of my own home, Eunhyuk thought as he stared at the door. 

 

He knew out of all of his requests, that was the only one his mother swore to never allow to happen. He was unsure to why things were like this. He wished he could leave this home of his. He knew there was so much to the world than he was seeing in his very home.

 

"How about..." Eunhyuk had no idea of what else he could want. He knew what he wanted, but he was also aware that he would never have it. He couldn't even have true love because he knew no one besides his mother and Tiffany. He just threw out what popped out of his head. "A few canvas and paints?"

 

The two women stared at him in curiosity, neither of them knew he liked yo paint.

 

"I didn't know you were a painter." Tiffany commented.

 

Eunhyuk frowned and shrugged. "I don't mind trying anything new."

 

"You sure, dear?" Hyohyeon asked with reassurance. She fished her wallet out from her large maroon colored purse. "You didn't find anything on the internet that grabbed your eyes?"

 

There were a ton of things that grabbed his eyes.

 

Nature.

 

The ocean.

 

The sky.

 

The whole world itself. 

 

He just wasn't allowed to have any of it. 

 

He couldn't even experience seeing any of it. He didn't have a window to look out from or even escape. 

 

He shook his head slowly and tried smiling for his mother even if she believed it or not. "Nah, some things aren't as interesting as they seem. It's best to just release it from yourself, right mother?"

 

Hyohyeon grinned and nodded her head. "You are absolutely right, my darling!" She approached him and took another glance at her watch before looking back at her son. "Well, it's time for me to go now."

 

"I'll be here." Eunhyuk said softly. 

 

Hyohyeon smiled sweetly before placing a small kiss on Eunhyuk's forehead. She placed a hand on his cheek and whispered. "I know you will. Goodbye dear, I love you." 

 

"Love you too." Eunhyuk said before turning away and heading back to his bedroom. He never was allowed to watch his mother leave the house, only Tiffany was allowed to of course. 

 

Eunhyuk made his way to his desktop instead of his bed. He kept his messy hair in a bun once he found a hair tie. At least his mother wasn't there to tell him to brush it out nicely and keep it out. He wasn't even planning on turning on the computer and searching the internet, but in result he ended up doing so. He was used to his life like this so he didn't think of it as anything surprising at all.

 

Instead of trying to make connections and all sorts of things with codes, he ended up searching stuff. He searched nature on Google Images just to get photos of meadows or waterfalls. He ended up searching for all sorts of colored flowers and even learned their names as well. He giggled every time he thought he was close to pronouncing the long scientific names correctly. Although he failed a couple of times, he couldn't help but be happy he was learning something else besides computers. 

 

He was amazed by the sight of flower beds in gardens. He was fascinated by the sight of the beautiful blossomed flowers standing next to each other. He was happy by the fact that people took a lot of care of their plants as if they were babies. He wondered how it would be if he would take care of his own plant. It seemed interesting to him. For a second he regretted his birthday gift choice. Then again, there was next year.

 

Eunhyuk had been so fixed on the flowers he hadn't realized someone had entered the room. He was so mesmerized by the small blue little flowers that were in a bouquet. He smiled and realized they were quite beautiful. Maybe the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. He had reached his hand out to the computer screen for his fingers to touch. Right when he was about to touch the screen, he felt something hit his face hard.

 

He found himself falling back and landing hard on the ground with a thud. He winced in pain and used his hands to touch his burning cheeks. He glanced at the chair that had fallen with him and then looked up to see Tiffany standing with her hands crossed and an annoyed facial expression. It didn't take him long to realize it was her who made this happen. 

 

"Tiffany...Why did you-" The burning sensation on his face made his eyes watery and his soft voice made it easier for the woman to cut him off immediately.

 

"What? Why did I hit you? Huh! As if nothing couldn't be any obvious." She glanced at the computer screen and stared back at Eunhyuk with a smirk. "You think looking at pictures of the world will fulfill your thirst of truly wishing to see it all? You're pathetic if you think that'll work."

 

Eunhyuk felt his heart ache hearing her words. He wished he wasn't so sensitive. His mother could easily defend herself and not show her weakness unlike him. She would never reveal if someone hurt her feelings. Eunhyuk hated the fact that he wasn't strong. His mother always told him he had to be strong sometimes, but he was failing horribly. He couldn't even ignore Tiffany's words.

 

The fact that she pointed out that looking at pictures wouldn't work made him stop for a second. He knew what he wanted and although he loved the pictures, he was looking at a computer screen. He could always touch a computer screen. He would never be able to hold a single flower in his hands. He wouldn't be able to run on a beach and allow his feet to be soaked by the ocean waters. He wouldn't even be able to make friends or...be with anyone.

 

The realization of reality hurt like hell.

 

He was a freak.

 

He wouldn't even be able to be friends with anyone because he's never had to. The only people he knew were his own mother and babysitter. He knew how they were like. He didn't know everyone in the world. There was a million of people on this planet and he wouldn't even be able to approach any of them out of the million. He would never be able to be loved by or love anyone.

 

Tiffany chuckled lightly and rolled her eyes as she stared at the crying boy. "Your life , doesn't it? Well, I wouldn't be too depressed about. You have many years to go living it before you reach your deathbed." She exited his bedroom without another word.

 

Eunhyuk turned his head and looked at the computer. He sighed deeply before standing up and picking the chair up before sitting back in it. He wiped away his tears with the back of his hand as he googled 'love.' He didn't know what to expect what he would find.

 

He smiled when he found images of couples proposing, two hands creating a heart, or even two hands holding each other as the sun went down. He felt happy for those who were able to feel such feelings. He could only imagine what it would be like for one to hold him, kiss him, and be madly in love with him. For now, he could only imagine what it would be like.

 

Forever, he would never experience neither of his true desires.