FAN: Chapter Three

FAN

Author's Note: The boy in the towel...revealed!

FAN

 

Chapter Three

 

 Adri screamed and jumped up. She stepped on a piece of glass and winced, but didn’t pay any attention to it, because she was in such shock.

The young man stared at her, his sharp eyes widening innocently, and the grip on his towel tightening. He was nervous. The room was so quiet Replay could be heard clearly from the earphones dangling by Adri’s side. The boy’s wet bangs were covering most of his face, but he moved them aside when a sudden realization hit him.

Adri gasped. It was Key from Shinee…

…And he had heard her singing his group’s song, saw that she was listening to it on her ipod, and he knew that she was a fan.

“How did you get in here?!” He suddenly yelled, anger replacing his fear. He was furious and disappointed that a fan would actually break into his hotel room, and try to sneak up on him in the shower!

“W-wait,” Adri stuttered, backing up, “You’ve got it all wrong. I thought this was my room! I-!”

“Liar!” He shouted, picking up his cell phone. “Do you really expect me to believe that? Do I look stupid? I’m calling the police!”

Adri’s ipod clattered to the floor, and she could feel her heart rate quicken. She must have been so into the song she didn’t notice she went into the wrong room. That’s why the maid looked so happy on the way out! She was coming out of a celebrity’s room!

Adri could have died of embarrassment that second, but she ran toward the door instead. She didn’t want to get arrested, not to mention the police would think her explanation was ridiculous!

Key dropped his phone and ran across the room in a flash. He held the towel around his waist with one hand, and grabbed Adri’s wrist with the other.

“You’re not going anywhere!” He growled. His low voice sounded even deeper.

“It was an accident!” Adri yelled, breaking out of his grip, and throwing open the door. She ran straight into Jonghyun: Shinee’s lead vocalist.

“Quick! Catch her, hyung!” Key shouted, running back to the spot he tossed his phone.

Jonghyun looked confused, but did what he was told. He reached for Adri, but she panicked and dropped to the floor, rolling out of the room past his legs. She struggled to her feet then dashed down the hallway, disappearing around a corner.

“What was that foreigner doing in here?” Jonghyun asked.

“She’s a fan,” Key said, running into the bathroom and throwing on some clothes.

“Really?” Jonghyun asked, surprised. “She listens to us?”

Key picked up a light blue ipod, and saw that it was playing Romeo and Juliette, another one of their songs. “Apparently.” He also noticed the girl had left her shoes.

“How does she even know Hangul?” Jonghyun wondered, eyeing the blue ipod curiously.

“I don’t know, hyung,” Key responded, “But we have to find her.”

 

~~~

 

By the time Adri stopped running she was out of breath. Oh God, what just happened back there? She had only been in Seoul one day, and had bumped into three of her favorite idols!

What is going on?Adri wondered. Am I being Punk’d by Korean Ashton Kutcher? She tried to walk, but a sharp pain tore through her foot. Looking down, Adri realized that she was barefoot and bleeding. She remembered stepping on her broken breakfast plate and groaned. Great…I just left a trail of blood all over the hotel. It’ll be much easier for the police to hunt me down and throw me in jail now!

Adri felt tingle. Something that always happened when she was angry or trying not to cry. What if Key really pressed charges, and she got in trouble with the police? Would anyone believe her story? What did Key and Jonghyun think of her? They probably think I’m a crazy ert…

Her Korean vacation was turning into something else entirely…

It’s more like a nightmare. Adri thought, sliding into a sitting position on the floor. She was exhausted, her foot stung, and she was still starving.

“Hey…what’s wrong?” A worried voice suddenly asked.

Adri looked up to see Yunho standing in front her. He was wearing dark jeans, a white collared shirt with a black jacket, and a look of concern.

 

~~~

Yunho and the rest of DBSK had to wake up at 6AM to do a radio show. The night before the leader and the maknae had stayed up late telling Junsu, Jaejoong, and Yoochun about their experience with the two foreign girls. The three members who hadn’t met Adri and Amanda listened attentively with wide eyes and open mouths; asking questions every chance they got.

Yunho found himself smiling while telling his story. He couldn’t help it. For some reason every time he thought about Adri his insides tingled with excitement. Maybe it was because he was impressed with her for helping his Aunt back in America…or maybe it was because she was different.

That’s why after an exhausting day of promoting, happiness swept through him when he noticed Adri sitting in the hallway. He walked over to greet her, but stopped in his tracks when he realized she wasn’t smiling. In fact, the young girl looked downright miserable. Yunho also noticed that she kept clutched her left foot as if she were in some sort of pain. After a few minutes of debating with himself, Yunho decided to approach Adri. “Hey…what’s wrong?” He asked softly.

Adri looked up to meet his eyes, a look of surprise across her face.

“Yunho!” She said quickly. “What are you doing here?”

Yunho raised an eyebrow at the strange question and said, “My group and I had some activities this morning so we left really early. But we’ll still be staying at the hotel for the time being. My Aunt won’t let us leave.”

Perfect! Adri thought, giving him the fakest smile ever. Now you can catch me in my lie.

Yunho returned Adri’s smile, but suddenly gasped when he caught sight of her foot. “You’re bleeding!”

Crap! Crap! Crap! Adri’s mind shouted as she struggled to her feet. “It’s nothing…really,” she insisted. She tried to stand on the injured foot as proof, figuring that she could handle the pain, but she underestimated it, and her knees buckled instantly. The young girl fell right back on her , thoroughly embarrassed.

Yunho crouched down in front of Adri. “Nothing, huh?” He asked.

Adri didn’t answer, instead her dark brown eyes filled with tears. Her foot really was killing her, and she was angry. Angry that her dream trip to Seoul had been nothing but a nightmare so far, and angry that she kept getting herself into the most awkward situations. On top of that she hadn’t eaten in forever, and was terribly jet-lagged.

Yunho saw the tears building up, and felt his chest tighten in regret. Real smooth, U-KNOW, he berated himself. Make the girl cry. He frowned and said softly, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-…”

“You didn’t do anything,” Adri interrupted. “I’m just having…a really bad day.”

Yunho sighed. It seemed like whenever he ran into Adri something crazy was always going on, and he felt bad. According to his Aunt, Adri’s trip to Seoul was supposed to be a relaxing vacation- a token of gratitude for her help. Yunho shook his head slowly, and before he could stop himself, touched Adri’s cheek. He felt her stiffen, but he didn’t pull away. Very slowly, Yunho used his thumb to brush away the tears that threatened to slide down Adri’s cheeks.

Meanwhile, Adri could barely breathe. The guy she admired from afar for so long was inches away from her- touching her face. She suddenly got very hot.

“Do you have a fever or something?” Yunho asked suddenly, placing the palm of his hand on Adri’s forehead.

Adri pretended to cough, and moved his hand away, “A fever? What? No! It’s just uh…really hot in this hotel,” she blurted out.

Yunho grinned, his sharp eyes were disbelieving. “Come on,” he said, grabbing Adri by the shoulders, and pulling her up. “Let’s take care of your foot.” He wrapped one arm around Adri’s waist, and scooped her up bridal-style.

“Wait...where are you taking me?” Adri questioned.

“My room of course,” Yunho replied, flashing his perfect teeth.

“But…” Adri started to argue. She stopped talking when Yunho gave her a look that said: Just be quiet and let me help you. It was impossible to fight those intense, almond-shaped eyes anymore so she allowed herself to be whisked away.

~~~

Author's Note: Hope you guys thoroughly enjoyed that! XD As always, feedback will get me to update much faster.