FAN: Chapter Four

FAN

FAN

 

Chapter Four

 

Back in the room, Adri sat on the bed, and Yunho disappeared into the adjoining bathroom. Minutes later he came out with a first-aid kit, damp wash cloth, and an exaggerated look of concentration. “Time to play Doctor,” he said in a really deep voice.

Adri choked back her laughter, “Wow…so cheesy…”

“But it got you to smile, didn’t it?” Yunho retorted. He bent down in front of Adri, and held her foot gently. “This might hurt a little…”

Adri bit her lip and nodded as he placed the cold wash cloth on her cut. She let out a hiss of pain, but didn't complain.

In a few minutes, Yunho had her wound clean, disinfected, and bandaged. “I don’t even know how to thank you,” Adri said, smiling slightly. Her foot felt a hundred times better.

“How about staying out of trouble?” Yunho suggested, laughing. Adri pretended to glare at him. He simply grinned and ruffled her hair like she was some kind of mischievous kid. “Do you take any vitamins? I don't want you feeling light-headed later.”

“Wow, you’re still obsessed with vitamins!” Adri exclaimed, giggling. She stopped when she received a strange look from the young man. Right…I’m not supposed to know that! Only a fan that looks up DBSK videos on Youtube would know that!

Adri wanted to run away. That always seemed to work! She was contemplating doing so when the bedroom door swung open, and a flustered Jonghyun stumbled in.

“Hyung!” He yelled, his attention focused on Yunho. “You have to help me and Key find this crazy girl that broke into our room. She’s a foreigner, and I think she’s our fan. Anyway, she scared Key when he got out of the shower and…” Jonghyun trailed off when he spotted Adri sitting on the bed, a look of panic on her face.

The room was quiet for a moment while Jonghyun stared at Adri shamelessly. Then he opened his mouth and shouted, “KEY! She’s in here!”

Yunho pulled the younger boy into the room, and locked the door behind him. “Ok…what is going on?” Yunho asked. Jonghyun looked from Yunho to Adri, wondering the same exact thing. Then he retold the story from Key’s point of view since he had stumbled in at the end.

Adri jumped up, ready to defend her good name. She forgot her foot was injured though, and ended up falling back on the bed.

Yunho was next to her in an instant, “Be careful,” he said gently, helping her sit up. Adri lost the ability to speak after that. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“Hyung,” he said slowly. “Now, I’d like to ask you what’s going on…” Yunho was always kind to his dongsengs and the people around him, but Jonghyun sensed that something was different.

Yunho explained how he met Adri and Amanda the night before. When Adri got her senses back she apologized to Jonghyun for startling him, and explained how she had ended up in Key's room.

Of course she changed one, little detail in her story. She said the blue ipod left in Key’s room belonged to Amanda, and she just happened to have it. After all, it would be suspicious if she knew all about  Shinee, but never heard of DBSK. Plus if they looked through the ipod they would know she was lying. There were a ton of DBSK songs on there. So it was just easier to pin everything on Amanda.

Adri knew her friend was going to kill her for this.

“Now that everything is settled, I’m gonna find Key so he doesn’t call the police, and have Adri arrested,” Yunho said chuckling. “You guys wait here.” With that, he left the room; leaving Adri and Jonghyun in an uncomfortable silence.

“So…” They both said at the same time. Adri blinked then burst out laughing. Jonghyun joined in seconds later, his light chuckle gradually turning into something heavier.

“I’m really sorry about everything,” Adri said once she had stopped laughing. “It was my fault. I wasn’t paying attention at all.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Jonghyun said lightly. At that moment Adri’s stomach grumbled. She put a hand over it while Jonghyun started laughing again.

“I haven’t eaten anything in…well, forever,” Adri explained.

“There were pancakes and eggs all over the floor in Key’s room. I'm guessing that was your breakfast?” Jonghyun asked.

Adri nodded, and the cheerful young man opened the door, “Wanna grab something to eat then?”

“Yunho said to stay here…”

“It’ll be OK if I steal you away for a couple of hours,” Jonghyun teased. “Besides, I don’t think Yunho wants you to starve to death.”

Adri really didn’t need any more convincing so she stood up slowly, mindful of her injury, and limped toward the door.

“It hurts, huh?” Jonghyun asked, frowning sympathetically.

“Yeah…” Adri replied then paused. “Wait…how’d you know?”

“The blood...and the slippers. Key's dying to give them to the police,” Jonghyun stated, chuckling.

Adri groaned, unamused by this revelation. She reminded herself to thank Yunho later before hobbling out of the room with Jonghyun.

“If it hurts too much you can lean on me," he offered, shyly. Adri did, and was stunned for a moment. He was really good-looking up close. Boyish features on an angular face created an interesting look.

“Ready?” He questioned.

“Yes!” Adri chirped. It had been a strange, stressful morning, but she had gotten to see Yunho again and now she was going to eat with her favorite member of Shinee.

The best part of it all was: she wasn’t going to jail!

~~~

 

Jonghyun stuck some kimchi fried rice in his mouth and asked, “So you saved Hyung’s Aunt in America?”

“I wouldn’t call it saving exactly…” Adri answered giggling. “More like being in the right place at the right time.” She took a sip of rib soup and thought, Wow…he’s so easy to talk to. We’ve been talking for over an hour already!

“How old are you?” Jonghyun asked suddenly. He was having a bowl of rib soup too, so when he picked up his spoon and it like a little kid Adri almost choked. He had been doing adorable little things like that the whole time, and it was making her melt. Adri had actually almost said “Aww…” out loud at least five or six times. If Jonghyun’s aegyo was this hard to handle then Adri didn’t know if she could be around Taemin.

Adri cleared , and tried to remember what Jonghyun’s question was. “Oh- I’m nineteen,” she said after a while.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened, “Really? Cool! When’s your birthday?”

“May  8th.”

“Mine’s April 8th!”

“We were born on the same day!” They shouted in unison.

Jonghyun pretended to pout. “You were so close to being my Noona…”

Adri stuck her tongue out at him.

After lunch, Jonghyun helped Adri to her room. The two said good-bye, and Adri was left defenseless against Amanda’s wrath.

“Where have you been?” Amanda demanded. “I was out looking for you!”

Adri explained the events of her day so far. By the time she was done, her friend’s mouth was hanging open.

“Y-you met Key and Jonghyun?”

“Yes, it was absolutely insane!” Adri exclaimed.

“What about Minho and Taemin? Did you see them?!” Amanda screamed, barely able to contain herself.

Adri shook her head, surprised that Amanda wasn’t strangling her for telling Yunho and Jonghyun that she was the huge K-Pop fan.

“What is with this hotel?” Amanda asked suddenly. “Is it where all the celebrities stay or something?”

“Maybe…” Adri said thoughtfully.

“You know, Adri...Yunho’s gonna find out you’re a fan sooner or later,” Amanda said slowly.

“And I’d rather it be later…” Adri shot back.

“Suit yourself…” Amanda said, laughing.

The next week passed by slowly for the two girls. They slept until noon, lounged around by the pool, and even went sight-seeing with Jung Hye-Bin a few times. Adri was really starting to enjoy herself, but she couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed. She hadn’t seen Yunho or Jonghyun again. Was it due to their busy schedules or had they simply forgotten about her?

As famous celebrities they probably met thousands and thousands of cute girls every day. So who was she to them?

 

~~~

 

 It was 2AM and Adri was wide awake.

After a while, she got sick of just lying there, so she got up, threw on a robe, and decided to explore Hotel Jung.

An hour later, Adri was on the first floor of the hotel when she heard something that took her breath away. Someone was singing. It was a slow, haunting song that sent chills through her entire body. It also sounded familiar.

The young girl walked toward the room the singing was coming from, absolutely captivated. When she arrived at the door, she peeked into the dimly-lit room and spotted Jonghyun. His eyes were closed, and he was sitting next to a portable ipod dock. The sleek, black ipod that was resting in the dock was playing an instrumental of Shinee’s song ‘In My Room’ while Jonghyun sang along. Adri stared at him, her heart pounding. He looked like he was in his own little world…completely taken over by the music.

~~~

Author's Note: What will the power of music cause Adri and Jonghyun to do so early in the morning? Comment and you shall find out. >: )