FAN: Chapter Ten

FAN

Author's Note: My "unofficial" hiatus is over, and I'd just like to apologize to everyone who waited patiently for this chapter. I'm still experiencing a bit of writer's block, so this chapter is really short and I don't think it's my best, but I hope you guys enjoy it anyway! In the future I'll work hard to bring you quality writing and faster updates. (God, that sounded like an Idol apologizing for a scandal...xD "I will work harder!")

FAN

 

Chapter Ten

 

      Adri slammed her bedroom door and slid down to the carpeted floor. She brought a shaky hand up to her lips, and smiled. On the other side of the heavy, oak door stood Yunho. Consumed with regret, he was a nervous wreck.In one second he had managed to ruin the entire night.

A Few Minutes Ago:

       “You were getting seasick! Don’t even lie!” Adri teased. She bounced out of the elevator, and began to imitate Yunho’s expression aboard the yacht.

      “Stop exaggerating!” Yunho argued. “I only made that face because I stubbed my toe.”

      Adri rolled her dark brown eyes and said, “How hard could you have possibly stubbed it, Yunho? Your face was like that the whole time! At one point I thought you were gonna throw up on me.”

      Yunho stuck out his index finger in a threatening manner and made a quick jab at the young girl’s stomach.

      Adri jumped back immediately, barely dodging Yunho’s agile finger. “No, please!” she begged, inching away from him. “I am insanely ticklish.”

      “You shouldn’t have told me that,” Yunho responded, his voice grave.

      Adri gulped, feeling like a cornered mouse. ‘Can I outrun him?’ she wondered anxiously.

      For a while, the two did nothing but stare at each other. Then Yunho murmured, “Come here, Adrianna.”

      Her full name slid out of his mouth like silk.

      Adri shivered as a tingling sensation traveled down her spine. Only a select few could use her real name and live; without even trying, Yunho had become one of them.

      “Adrianna…”

      She took one step toward the charming young man, completely hypnotized by his deep and husky voice. ‘Stop!’ her mind shrieked. ‘It’s a trap, you idiot!’ Adri didn’t dare take another step. “What am I doing?” she mumbled, shaking her head.

      “You’re nervous,” Yunho observed. “How cute.”

      “Shut up.”

      “You don’t have to be. I’m not gonna do anything.”

      The sharp glint in Yunho’s eye told Adri the statement was a lie. She spun around and ran, hoping that Amanda was in the suite, because she had no idea where she put her key.

      Yunho grinned as he watched his date sprint down the narrow hallway. The least he could do was give her a head start…

      So he counted to three, and then went after her.

      Adri was caught instantly; approximately two feet from her room.

      “Nice try,” Yunho whispered, pulling her against his chiseled chest.

      Goosebumps exploded across Adri’s skin. “Amanda?!” she shouted desperately. “Please open the-“A high-pitched giggle replaced the word ‘door’ as a determined Yunho began to tickle her.

      “N-no!” Adri laughed, struggling to break free. “Stop…stop AHAHAHA!”

      Yunho ignored her begging, thoroughly enjoying himself. There was no way he was going to stop. He loved the sound of her hysterical laughter, the way her mahogany colored hair danced around her heart-shaped face, her warm brown eyes…

      Suddenly, Yunho found himself tilting forward, eyes focused on Adri’s cheek. He was wondering how her russet-colored skin would feel against his mouth when she twisted around abruptly, causing their lips to meet in a soft, flighty kiss...

~~~

Author's Note: ...How will both parties react to this accidental kiss? :-O Look out for Chapter Eleven...and please review...that would encourage me, and chase my writer's block away faster. :-)