FAN: Chapter Eight

FAN

Author's Note: And without further ado...the big date. ;)

 

FAN

 

Chapter Eight

 

 It was four-fifteen by the time Adri got to her floor. She gasped when she spotted Yunho waiting outside of her room with a single, white rose, and ran up to him. “Oh my gosh, Yunho- I am so sorry I’m late!” Adri gushed, out of breath.

Yunho flashed his perfect teeth. “It’s OK. I was actually a little late myself.”

That was a complete lie. Yunho was just trying to play it cool. He had barely slept the night before, and it had taken him two hours to get ready! After the young entertainer stepped out of the shower, he put on too much cologne, because he wanted to smell good. That resulted in another shower. Then he couldn’t figure out what to wear, and debated on whether bringing flowers would be creepy and desperate. After all of that, he was still ten minutes early.

Adri placed a hand over her forehead. “You’re being too nice…”

Yunho chuckled, and handed Adri the white rose, “For you.”

Adri’s cheeks burned. “Thank you…but you shouldn’t have…” she murmured.

Yunho pouted playfully. “Fine, give it back.”

“No way!” Adri quickly protested, hiding the rose behind her back. She opened the door to her room, and dashed in.

Yunho chased the young girl, laughing. “You said I shouldn’t have, right?” He was about to catch her, but she ducked into the bathroom, and slammed the door in his face.

“Forget it. It’s mine! You’re welcome to watch TV while I get ready!” Adri said through the bathroom door. Yunho grinned and did just that. Twenty minutes later Adri stood in front of Yunho, self-consciously. She was decked out in a white, short-sleeved sweater, dark blue skinny jeans, and knee-length leather boots. Yunho just stared. “What?” Adri asked after a while.

The young man turned red, and looked away. “Uh…nothing. Ready to go?”

Adri nodded happily and stuck some money in her pocket, because she didn’t feel like carrying a purse. In the bathroom she had texted Amanda to let her know she was OK, and put the rose in an empty, crystal vase. Adri was leaving the room when she received a text. It read: I hope you have fun on your date ;-).

The message was from Key.

Adri’s stomach dropped and tightened. It was going to be difficult to enjoy the date.

 

~~~

Outside in the crisp Seoul air Yunho asked, “Have you eaten?”

Adri nodded apologetically. “Yeah…I had lunch about an hour ago.”

“Well, I’m kinda hungry,” Yunho stated, peering over his sunglasses. “Come on, let’s grab a snack.” He took Adri’s hand and pulled her onto the nearest bus.

“I’m taking you to my favorite dessert spot,” Yunho whispered. Adri smiled, not expressing her excitement more fully, because the people on the bus kept staring at her. Some were glaring hard, some looked shocked, and others simply smiled. She decided to ignore it all and look out the window at the city’s scenery.

A thought suddenly hit her. “Why are we taking the bus?”

Yunho glanced at her and replied sheepishly, “Because I wanted to take you out on a normal…date.” He blushed and basically mumbled the word date.

Adri’s heart fluttered. He is so sweet…

“It’s a media circus every time I step out in public. I didn’t want to put you through that,” Yunho finished explaining.

Adri nodded and noticed for the first time that he was in disguise. He had showed up at her room in a red collared shirt and loose-fitting, black skinny jeans. A black tie and dress shoes completed the look. But now Yunho had added a beanie, sunglasses, and a scarf. You could barely see his face.

A couple of accessories were the only things preventing the young man from being mobbed and harassed in every possible way.

The huge bus lumbered down the busy streets…and then the unthinkable happened. The car in front stopped so suddenly, the bus driver had to stomp on the brake to avoid a collision. Adri flew into the aisle as many passengers screamed and complained.

“Where’d you learn how to drive?!” One man shouted at the bus driver.

“It’s not his fault!” A woman defended. “The car in front just stopped.”

Adri groaned and sat up. She noticed other frazzled people lying on the dirty floor, and a pair of sunglasses.

No…She thought. Please tell me those aren’t-

A shrill scream interrupted her mental denial and confirmed her fears.

“Oh my God! It’s U-KNOW from Dong Bang Shin Ki!!!”

Adri snapped her head in Yunho’s direction and her fears were solidified. His sunglasses had slipped off his face during the bus’s sudden halt and they were now on the ground a few feet away.

The young celebrity’s face was completely exposed.

“Can I have your autograph?!” The girl who screamed asked desperately. She was in Yunho’s face with a picture of DBSK and a pen.

She carries that around? Wow…Adri mused.

“Um…” Yunho mumbled, looking around the loud fan. He didn’t want to be rude, but he was worried about Adri. What if she was hurt? Seven more fans crowded around him and blocked his view.

Meanwhile Adri struggled to her feet, picked up Yunho’s sunglasses, and watched the mayhem unfold. She was trying to think of a good plan when a girl yelled, “Wait a minute! What’s U-KNOW doing with this foreigner?”

Adri froze as everyone’s eyes fell on her. The whole bus was silent and even the old driver was watching with rapt attention. She heard a camera click nearby and wanted to disappear. Yunho seized the chance. He broke through the crowd of girls and grabbed Adri’s hand. They stumbled off the bus and started running down the street. Yunho slipped his sunglasses back on, but that didn’t stop a couple of people from recognizing him.  The young celebrity soon had a small mob running after him and his date.

“This is exactly what I was trying to avoid!” Yunho shouted as he ran.

“No kidding!” Adri added. Never in her life did she think she’d be running down a busy street with U-KNOW Yunho of DBSK while crazy fans pursued them. In fact, if someone had told her this was going to happen she would’ve probably slapped them in the face.

“Quick! In here!” Yunho instructed. He rounded a corner and pulled Adri into a small separation between two kimchi shops. The obsessed fans dashed around the same corner, but kept going. Minutes later they disappeared from sight.

Yunho sighed and gazed at Adri. “I’m so sorry…”

“It wasn’t your fault,” Adri said. She laughed, “I had no idea you were this popular.” She gave herself a mental kick for the unnecessary lie.

Yunho grinned. “That was nothing.” He looked out from their hiding spot and said, “I think they’re gone. You ready?”

Adri nodded, and they both quickly hailed a cab. As they headed to the dessert shop Yunho said, “I’ll understand if you never wanna get on a bus with me again.”

The young girl giggled and hit him playfully.

~~~

The small dessert shop was almost hidden by two big trees, and was located in an empty part of Seoul. As Adri placed her order she wondered how the place stayed in business and how Yunho had discovered it.

“You’re gonna love the food,” Yunho assured as the waitress put their desserts on the table.

Adri grinned, “It’s not like I’m hard to please. I’ll eat anything with chocolate or frosted icing.”

Sounds like my kind of girl…Yunho thought. He watched Adri dig into her cake and felt his heart rate quicken when her brown eyes lit up. “Oh my God…this is delicious!” She exclaimed.

Told you. This place is really special,” Yunho said, taking a bite of his own dessert. “Here, try mine…” He picked up his plate and sat down next to Adri in the pink, vinyl booth.  She almost choked, and had to sip her juice to play it off. Yunho put a little piece of cake on his fork and held it up in front of Adri’s mouth. She stared at the fork, not really sure if he was aware of his actions.

Adri’s cheeks began to burn as Yunho moved the fork closer. She didn’t know how else to respond so she ate it. “Mmm…It’s good,” Adri said awkwardly. I can’t believe our mouths touched the same fork!

Yunho stayed seated next to Adri and continued to devour his slice. After Adri got over the initial shock of the “indirect kiss” they started talking. Two hours later when everything from their childhood to their favorite movies had been discussed, Yunho picked up the check.

“Thanks for bringing me here,” Adri said as they exited the shop.

“Well, thanks for going out with me tonight. It feels good to get away and be normal for once. I love my fans, but they can be really intense sometimes,” Yunho replied, gazing at the starry night sky.

“Apparently…” Adri added. A pang of guilt suddenly pierced her heart as she realized the irony of the situation and the hypocrisy of her statement. He’s on a date with… a fan, and he’s trying to get away from them. Adri shook her head and attempted to change the subject. “So…where are we going now?”

“Everywhere,” Yunho stated simply. “And then there’s a surprise.”

Adri gasped. “I love surprises!” She pushed away the guilt gnawing at her insides and decided to just enjoy the date.

~~~

Author's Note:...Ha ha...I'm keeping you guys in suspense. The date is just beginning! While Adri and Yunho are away...what'll happen now that Changmin's got Amanda all to himself? >:3

On a more serious note, I just want to say thank you to all my subscribers, and the people that take the time to comment, and encourage me. :)