FAN: Chapter Eleven

FAN

Author's Note: I was supposed to update on Monday night! XD Gosh, I've been so unreliable lately. But here it is, and thanks for understanding. :-)

 

FAN

 

Chapter Eleven

 

 

The next thing Yunho felt was Adri’s palms against his chest, and before he knew it, he was pushed back. Adri collapsed against the door to her suite, breathing hard with wide, questioning eyes.

“I-I’m sorry,” Yunho blurted out immediately. “Oh God- I’m so sorry.” He watched the bewildered girl bend over and one of her boots. “Adri?”

She fished out a small, white card and paused. Without zipping up her boot, she stood, inserted the card in the appropriate slot, and stumbled into her room.

“Adri, please!” Yunho shouted.

The door shut in his face.

~~~

Amanda peered out of Hotel Jung’s giant windows and sighed. She was bored. It was noon and Adri was still asleep.

Either the jet-lag hasn’t worn off yet or she had a really good time with Yunho, Amanda thought, glancing at her friend.

Outside, the sky was a threatening shade of gray, and clouds heavy with precipitation hovered close to the ground.

The bored girl took a deep breath and grabbed a light jacket. There was nothing left to do but wander.

~~~

“Ring ding dong ring ding dong ring diggi ding diggi ding ding ding! Ring ding dong ring ding dong ring diggi ding diggi ding ding ding!”

Adri rolled over and felt around the giant bed for her phone. She flipped it open roughly, and grumbled, “Call back later…”

“It’s two o’ clock,” A deep voice responded. “I let you sleep long enough.

Adri’s chest tightened. “Key?”

He chuckled. “You don’t sound so sleepy anymore. Good. I want you in my room…now.”

“Who do you think you’re talking to like that?” Adri barked, anger swelling inside her.

There was a short pause on the other end before Key asked, “How was your date?” The agitated girl fell silent like he knew she would. “Don’t worry; I didn’t spy on you if that’s what you’re thinking.”

Adri let out a breath. It was.

“I just need a favor,” he continued.

“What kind of favor?” Adri questioned slowly, her eyes narrowing.

“Come to my room, and you’ll find out,” was all Key said before hanging up.

Adri groaned and chucked her cell. It landed at the bottom of the bed with a faint poof. “What have I gotten myself into?”

~~~

It was late afternoon and the streets of Seoul were packed. Energetic vendors shouted out various prices, the smell of ddukbokki, kimbap, and other foods wafted through the air. Amanda wanted to get lost in it all. Looking around she felt like she was exploring a city full of secrets and miracles.

The sun blazed, but the air was crisp. Everyone was bundled up.

Amanda zipped up her jacket, and stuck her hands in the shallow pockets. I should’ve dressed a little warmer…

“Agashi! Agashi!” A street vendor yelled. “Ddukbokki is the perfect thing for a chilly afternoon!”

Amanda smiled and walked over to the old man. The locals could always pick out tourists. “How much?” she asked him.

“Only a few won for you.” He winked.

She laughed. What a Casanova. “Kamsamnida.”

The ddukbokki was delicious, but as Amanda walked farther and farther, thoughts she had been desperately trying to avoid caught up with her. Thoughts about Changmin. Does he really think I’m…adorable? I still can’t believe him and Onew were talking about me! What am I supposed to do the next time I see them? How am I supposed to act?

A muffled scream brought the young girl back to reality.

“Please…” Amanda suddenly heard someone sob. She stopped walking, the ddukbokki hanging out of .

“Don’t worry; we’re not going to hurt you. In fact, you might actually enjoy it.”

Amanda gasped softly, barely conscious of the fact that her snack was now on the ground. The second person had spoken clearly, with a voice so cold it felt like ice water going down her back.

She was scared, but felt compelled to do something. Anything. She refused to be the type of coward that stood by while innocent people were brutalized.

Amanda followed the voices until she reached an alley that was virtually invisible from the main road. It was obscure; and one would have to be looking for it to find it. The alley was also pretty dim so Amanda had to squint to see what was going on. She could make out five men and two girls. The girls were pressed up against the wall, holding each other, and they were wearing school uniforms. One was crying while the other appeared angry and tense.

“Yah, Kang-Dae,” one of the men said. “I want the one with the pigtails.” He was tall and muscular with tattoos on every inch of visible skin.

The girl that had already been crying started crying harder. “J-just leave us alone!” Her brave friend stammered.

“No.” The man identified as Kang-Dae stated simply. “We like you.” He was the owner of the sinister voice Amanda had heard, and the leader of the group.

“W-well…we…we don’t like you!”

“Why?” Kang-Dae asked innocently. He tilted his head to the side, and waited patiently.

“Because you guys are TRASH!!!” The insult reverberated off the walls of the narrow passageway.

Kang-Dae reacted instantly. He raised his hand and slapped the girl with such force, she crumpled to the ground.

“Sung-Mi!” the second girl shrieked. She knelt down to help her friend, but the man with the tattoos pulled her against him.

“I was gonna be gentle before, but now…” He ripped off her jacket and smiled lasciviously.

Amanda’s stomach was doing somersaults. Trying not to scream, she covered and pulled out her cell phone. I…I have to call 911! She punched in the 9 and the 1, and then froze, Wait. I’m in Korea! 911 won’t work here! You’re such an idiot, Amanda. OK, calm down…just breathe. "What is the number?"

"119."

"Thanks-" She almost stopped breathing. Fingers shaking, Amanda tried to dial it anyway before her phone was snatched away.

"It's not hard to remember. Just flip the numbers backward and 911 becomes 119." The light, teasing voice was coming from behind her.

Amanda gulped and swirled around to see another man. He was quite young, and would have been handsome if it weren’t for the gruesome scar that covered half of his face. He grabbed her arm roughly and waved her phone in the air. “Sorry I’m late, but I caught another one. And she wants to play too.”

The five men in the alley leered at Amanda. She noticed Kang-Dae’s eyes were the brightest.

~~~