Reminiscing

I Need U

Before you read, I just want to tell you that, I want to change the relationship between byul and jungkook from being childhood friends to just really really REAAAALLLY close friends in middle school. Sorry! I'll change the other chapters when i get a chance!

 

"Woah girl. Won't you calm down. ahaha. How about... we start of easy, and talk about our old days?" Jungkook suggested while taking a sip from his mug.

"Yeah. Good idea. I rushed too much. Sorry." Byul admitted. "mm. Well, remember the first day we met?" Byul continued. Jungkook smiled brightly and chuckled. "How can I forget?" 

 

 

Flashback eight years ago (Both are in 6th grade)

"Omma! I'm gonna go!" Byul shouted out to her mom from the front door while hurridly putting her shoes on. "Be careful hun! and make new friends! I know its a new enviroment and we just moved in but you'll be fine honey. I know." Her mom blabbled on from being too worried. 

Byul straightened her back after putting on her shoes properly and faced her mom. "Don't worry mom. I'll be fine." She assured and gave her mom a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back home soon!!" She said and rushed out the door. 

Byul ran towards her new school. She checked her watch. "Aw man. I'm going to be late on my first day!" She cursed in her head and picked up her pace. She turned the corner and...

 

BAM

 

She bumped into someone the the two bodies fell on the ground. "ow..." the two groaned. Byul tried to stand up but noticed that there was something on her stomach. She looked down to see an ice cream come splattered all over her clothes. She met eyes with the boy. He had the most awkward look ever. 

"I am so sorry. oh  my god. I am so sorry." The boy didn't know what to do and looked all over the place, trying to think of something to do. "Its okay... Kind of. I'm okay though." Byul kindly comforted him. 

The boy had a backpack on his back and swung it forward to take out something. Byul stared at him curiously and out came a red t-shirt. "This is an extra t-shirt I have. It might be a little big on you, but please. Use this." He offered it to Byul and she took reached out her hand to take it but noticed the time on her watch. 

"OMG. OH NO. I'M LATE TO CLASS." She gasped. "OH NO. I'M DOOMED. ITS MY FIRST DAY TOO." She wailed. The boy on the other hand, didn't know what to do. 

"What school are you heading too?" He asked. 

 

 

"AAAND. Who woould have ever thought that we attended the same middle school." Jungkook reminisced. 

"and remember how on that day, we technically decided to ditch school and went on an icecream run cuz you were sad about your icecream." Byul laughed. 

"hey! no! we went to eat icecream after cuz i felt bad for you so I thought I should atleast offer you icecream!" Jungkook declined. "Yeah sure kookie. And did I ever tell you that I got into MAJOR trouble by my mom and dad because I ditched that day? ... But you know... our hangout was worth the scolding. It was a fun day and I really got close to you and who would've thought that we would be bestest of best friends for the rest of the year." Byul smilied at the memory while fiddling with her fingers. She expected some kind of response from her friend but got nothing so she looked up to see Jungkook's reaction but saw that he had a bitter smile. 

"What's wrong kookie?" She worried. 

"I was just thinking how... how much our relationship would have been different if I stayed by your side for the past six years." Jungkook mumbled. Byul furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Nono Jungkook. Look at us right now! We still maintained our friendship from six years ago! We're still best friends like before!" Byul tried to comfort him. 

"When I think about it.... Even though it was me that left all of a sudden, and cut off all contacts from not only you, but everyone else I knew, I was the one that missed everyone the most. I was the one that wanted somebody to talk too, and somebody to lean onto." Jungkook whispered as a tear dropped on the table. 

Byul froze as it was the first time seeing Jungkook cry. Jungkook, the one that always smiles, and gives smiles to people, was now the one in pain.

Byul stood up and walked up next to him. She saw the clenched fists of Jungkook, the curled back, and the shivering of his body. She gave him a hug and he responded by resting his face against her stomach. 

As a response, Jungkook started to cry harder.

Byul continued to pat his back in a steady beat. "I'm sorry too Jungkook. For being this late, and only being able to comfort you know when you must have been in tremendous pain the past six years. But Jungkook. I promise you. From today and now on. Even if you try to leave me again, I wont let you leave me because I will be your star from now on. I will be the person you can lean onto and talk to. I will be right by your side no matter what. You don't have to tell me what happened. Tell me whenever you feel comfortable. I won't force you." 

Byul spoke the words with hundred percent truth and commitment. 

I promise you. I'll be your healer from today and onwards.