chapter 7 - I'll Catch You If You Fall

Suju's Oneshots Collection

yemin, romance, fluff

***

 

I heard a knock in my front door. I stood up and approached the door. As I opened the door, a smile cracked on my face. Then I walked out and hugged the man in front of me tightly.

“I miss you,” I said. and he smiled his beautiful smile at me.

“I’m home,” he said before leaned forward to kiss me gently.

“Let’s get inside,” I grabbed his wrist and dargged him inside. He chuckled slightly.

I faced him as we sat on the couch.

“Why don’t you tell me that you’re back? I can pick you up,” I pouted slightly.

“I want to make a surprise for you,” he answered.

“Yesung-ah..” i whined.

He smiled and pinched my nose.

“I thought you’d grown up when I leave, but you still as cute as ever, Minnie” he said.

I smiled, “I just act like this in front of you, Sungie.”

“Good, then. I don’t want people fall for you because of your cuteness,” he said with a serious face.

“Hey, people always fall for me even without I act cute,” I said doubtlessly.

“Yeah, you’re right. That’s make me become the luckiest person in the world for having you.”

And I smiled brightly toward him. I was also lucky for having you yesung, I thought.

Yesung and I were a lover since high school. He was my senior in music class. The first time I heard him sing with his husky voice, I got a shiver.

He was so perfect, standing in front of everybody and sang perfectly. He closed his eyes, enjoyed the song that he sang.

When he stood still, he looked so cool. But when I knew him better, he has a bright personality. He loved talking and took care people around him.

He always showed his bright side to everyone. But I know that deep inside his heart, he felt lonely. And I decided that I would always stayed by his side, because I knew since the beginning that I loved him. So, in the last year of his high school, I confessed to him. and he accepted me. Made me the happiest person that day and the following days.

“Minnie,” he called me.

“Huh?”

“Why are you spacing out?” he asked me.

“Oh, nothing,” I answered, “It’s just I really miss you, Sungie.”

He sighed, “I miss you, too, Minnie. So much. If only I didn’t take the offer for the schoolarship in Japan, we wouldn’t need to separate.”

“No!” I said, “your decision is right, Sungie. You get the best education in the music departement. Don’t regret it.”

“But we just can meet once a year, Minnie,” he said.

I smiled, “It’s okay. It’s worth for the result that you get there than you stay here.”

He sighed, but nodded.

“Yesung-ah?”

“Hm?”

“Why do you accept my confession back then? When I confessed, we barely knew each other, right?” I asked.

He looked up at the ceiling. Thought for a while.

“You know, Minnie. Actually that day, when you confessed to me, I just broke up with my boyfriend the night before,” he said hesitantly.

I gasped but tried to calm myself down. Kept quiet to listen his explanation.

“We broke up because of my boyfriend cheated on me. I was so broken heart, so I thought I need a new boyfriend to show him that he didn’t hurt me, and then you confessed to me, so I accepted you inconsiderately,” he said, looked at me carefully.

I took a deep breath, “So you just used me back then?”

“At first, I have no feeling toward you. But the more I know you along the days that passed, I started fall for you,” he answered.

I kept quiet.

“You are a kind person, Minnie. You care about the others. Always do your best in everything. You’re sweet and  I could see how you love me so much. And it helped me to heal the wound in my heart,” he explained.

Then he reached my hand, “Then, I realized that I’ve fell for you. You’re the one that I love untill now.”

He lifted my hand and kissed back of my hand.

“Really?”

He nodded, “Of course. I love you so much. Although sometime you can be really so annoying. Especially with your love for the pink-coloured things, I would always love you  just the way you are.”

I smiled. I knew he said the truth. His eyes proved me that. I entwine our hands, it’s fit perfectly.

When your sigh harmonized with mine, i know that what we felt, what we had, was the most precious treasure in my life.

Do you know Yesung, if my heart was a compass, you’d be north. If my heart was a house, you’d be home. And i’ll catch you if you fall wherever you go.