Chapter 2 - Collided

Magnetic Girl

Incheon airport. 8:44AM. Arrived. I can’t still believe I’m standing here. I feel like an alien, everything looks different here. This is unfamiliar place. Everything is different. I repeated to myself. It’s different from Philippines. Everything is going to change. I breathe.

We arrived at our “home” just like what my mom said. This house – I acknowledge is very beautiful. It was 2 story house. There is a big tree standing that blocking sunlight. There are table and chairs like you use to see in big houses on dramas. It also has pretty garden. “C’mon. Let’s take a look inside.” My mom said. A korean man – Mr. Kim, is touring us inside the house. I heard from my dad he is the caretaker of the house before we bought it. “Emma, Caleb, Why don’t you go upstairs and unpacked your things on your new rooms.” She added. “She’s going to be alright.” I heard my mom saying that to my dad. “Em’s! Your room is on the far left.” My mom shouted. I walked upstairs, standing in front of the room. I open the door. The room is really pretty. All shades in pink like every girls idea of a girly-girly room. The bed is very pretty too. There are butterflies and flower drawings on the wall. I shrug. “What the!”. - It’s not like I don’t like pink or I’m not the girly type but why does this room all have shade of pink all over! “Oh my God! Mommy”. I sit on the top of the bed loosing the ties of my sneakers. There’s a window in my room that’s overlooking the garden. “What a great view! Okay mom I get it. This is your way of bargaining me everything from back home.” I said that out loud. I put and unpacked all my things in the cabinet and drawers. Once I finished unpacking all of my things. I went downstairs. I’m feeling hungry now. “Mommy, aren’t we going to eat?” It’s Caleb. Wow dude! You read minds now? I silently said to myself. “Oh! Yes sweetie. We’re going to check out the restaurant Mr. Kim recommended me. It’s around neighborhood. So, let’s go?” We walked outside and go to the direction my dad is heading to. “Barbeque! I love barbeque!” I said aloud. “See?” My mom said to dad. “She’ll get there. She’ll be fine.” She even winked at me. Eww mommy!

I was checking my surroundings when suddenly a man collided with me. He is around my age or maybe a year older than me. I think. I was pushed a little too hard. He was kind enough to grab my hand and hold my back though so that I would not fall on the cement. I was so shocked! - I’m not being over acting but I feel like this is the end of my life! - Kidding! I was so mad! He was running earlier like someone is chasing him, what a douche bag! Didn’t he saw me? It’s my first day and I’m already very unlucky! “Look your way!.” I said angrily. The person eyes lifted to meet mine. – I stopped. He has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. – The kind of eyes you will be drawn in unknowingly. He is smiling at me. His eyebrow’s is pretty too! He’s cheeks are so squishy. He is wearing snapback the opposite way. I supposed he is jogging based in the track suit he is wearing. He is even sweating but - He looks so beautiful. Grip yourself together you barely know the man! I muttered to myself. It’s unusual that I describe a man pretty and beautiful but this man in front of me is the very definition of the word. I’m not even kidding here! – And I realized he is still holding me. I jumped and let go of his hold. “Are you blind? Didn’t you saw me.?” I barked at him. I was angry. Even though he is a beautiful man – I won’t forget it’s his fault we collided. He was looking at me – the amused looked. “What the!”. I said feeling annoyed. “I’m sorry. I didn’t saw you pass this way. I was following my brother’s. We are running and I’m in a hurry!” He said smiling. Why does he smiles a lot? Is this amusing to him? Is he crazy? – I notice he does not look Korean? And he speaks English? Do we have same fate? Does his parents’ bring him to this country without his permission too? - I kind a feel bad for him. Why do I have lots of question and why do I keep asking myself? I sighed and look at his direction. He still is smiling. Holy cow this man! “Next time look at your surroundings okay? Be cautious!” “Yes beautiful!” – “How dare you...”. I whisper. And he quickly runs toward the next street. I looked away and follow my family at the restaurant. After the super late lunch we headed back home.

My mom is unpacking all her things in her “new kitchen”. My mom loves to cook, bake and everything related to kitchen in short he loves feeding our family. “Are you okay honey? Can give me hand for all this stuff?” She pleaded. “Alright.” I said. “You’ll going to start school next week. Are you excited?” She asked. “NO.” I said back. “You’ll going to love here. Next time you know you will be comfortable here, you know. I’m sure of that because I am your mother. I almost knew everything.” She emphasizes the word everything. “Yeah, right.” I said boringly.