The Commotion

A Second Chance

 

                                                             

               

 

“if you touch me again, you won’t like what’s gonna happen next”

                                  --- YURI

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

As expected everyone didn’t take it lightly including me of course, I could really use that time to get away from Tiffany for a moment and it just blew up.

And here we are eating, of course in our dorm. And it is not surprising at all that everyone is here except Yuri not because of what just happen earlier but because she almost never eat with us. Hell, I don’t even remember the last time she ate with us. And for five long years, it is the first time that we’ve ever been so silence to the point that it’s deafening, and of course, again as a leader which I think especially in a situation like this but what can I do.

 

I took a glass of water as I starts to talk “I-----“ and before I could finish a word Jessica cut me off

“if you’re gonna say that it’s okay… I’m gonna kill you” she said not looking at me, staring at her plate

Now it’s Tiffany “just please, don’t say anything right now” she’s not usually like this or she’s not totally like this but it can’t be help she just cancelled her perfect vacation with Nickhun

“okay…” I said nodding…

You really did it this time, Yul… What have you gotten yourself into?

 

 

Just like what Mr. YMin said we should avoid getting contacts with fans and that’s what we’re doing right now. We just finished our last concert for this and now we’re stuck here at the airport because of the fans outside and not just fans, media antis everyone is there.

 

Everyone is frustrated, of course… well, we’ve been here for like two hours and there’s no sign that people waiting for us outside are gonna go home any sooner, so yes, it is totally frustrating us. Which is quiet surprisingly cause out of every one of us, Yuri looks more irritated than ever, which is quiet new which I guess, Jessica and others find amusing in this frustrating situation…

 

Yuri took out her phone and was gonna go outside when our manager called her

 

“Yuri-ssi, you can’t leave…”

“I’m just gonna call someone” Yuri said and gonna take a step when our manager blocked her way

“can’t you just call here?” she asked

 

I could see Yuri’s gaze change

 

“if I wanted to call here, do you think I would go outside?” she asked sternly

“I know it’s just tha-----“

“If I’m going to leave, I already did it two hours ago... so why don’t you get out of my way before I do it myself” she said threatening, which is not good, because she might seriously do it.

 

“manager-oppa let her” I said

“but----“

“it’s okay…” I said nodding, as she let Yuri pass

 

END OF POV

 

Yuri called a number on her phone

 

Ring! Ring!

 

After two rings, an angelic voice, answered the call

 

“oppa!!!” excitement from her voice made Yuri smile, and not a force one, smile that she never gave to anyone

“hi, sweetheart!” she said enthusiastically “saengil chukahamnida, saengil chukahamnida~~~~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“komawo~~~, are you on your way here?”

“I’m still here at the airport” she said sadly “and I don’t know when we will gonna leave…”

“ahh, it’s okay… Don’t worry I’ll wait for you”

“are you sure?” Yuri asked guilty “do you want me to take a cab and go there now?”

“anniya~~, your boss might scold you again … I can wait for you… I’m not gonna blow my candle until you’re here”

 

Yuri looked at her watch “but it’s already 8 o’clock, it’s already late…”

“that’s why I didn’t invite anyone… you’re the only person I only want to see on my birthday”

 

Yuri’s eyes suddenly got teary “oh, really?”

 

“hmmm…, so no matter what happen, I’ll wait for you”

 

Yuri smiled “I promise, I’ll be there”,

 

Then after she talks to her, Yuri dialled another number again…

 

“how long are you planning to make us wait here?” Yuri asked sternly, not the same voice from earlier

“why?... getting impatient, are you?” Yongmin said, teasing was evident on his voice

“why don’t you send hundreds of your bodyguards here, so we can leave now?!”

“you know what, I’m kind of actually busy right now, preparing a statement from what you did the other day so, I’m gonna go now”

“I do---“ then he hung up “ YOU!”

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

“look who’s back?” Jessica said in amazement

 

I was surprised to know that she didn’t left because she always does, always

 

“I can’t believe you’re smiling right now” Tiffany said to Jessica

“of course I’m seriously piss right now… but, it’s not always that we could see that wrinkles coming out on her forehead, might enjoy the view”

 

She’s right; Yuri never lost her cool she’s always “I-don’t-in-care” so which means it’s something important

 

FINALLY!!! After a total of 4 hours waiting, people waiting outside got tired…. Everyone’s face lightens up except of course Yuri who doesn’t know how to, you know… smile but she’s busy texting so I guess, it really is important…

 

And when we all thought that we could finally go home and rest… a group of teenagers or more like a fans appeared on our way… we only have 10 people assisting us, including our manager, and I don’t think they can hold off a two dozens of teenagers to make us through, which means we need to wait for the airport to hold them off…

And worst, they’re not our fans… they are Nickhun’s fans who are not really a fan of Tiffany especially now that they revealed their dating…

 

Our manager and 9 people assisting us where in front of us blocking us cause if not I’m sure those people are gonna eat us alive, or more like eat Tiffany alive

 

“!!”

“HOW COULD YOU SEDUCE OUR OPPA!!”

 

“call the guards?!!” our manager shouted

 

Jessica hugged Tiffany “it’s okay, it’s gonna be okay”

“don’t listen to them… don’t listen to them” Hyoyeon said and panic was evident on her voice

 

Sunny and Sooyoung comfort the scared maknaes… and me what I’m doing... I’m just standing here, looking at them, watching them… cry… but what can I do? I’m just a hopeless leader who helplessly fell in love with my friend…

 

“YOU !!!”

 

And even without looking at her, I know she’s in the verge of crying or maybe she’s already crying, I wanted to be on her side but what would I tell her, that everything is gonna be okay? But what good it will do? Nothing…

 

Should I go throw a punch on those kids but I’m sure if I do, this will be on the news and it’s something we can’t afford right now…

 

I’M USELESS! USELESS!     

 

“YOU MOTHERLESS !!!”

 

Hearing that word I heard her sob, she can take anything, but not when it comes to her mom… and surely I can’t take it anymore… I don’t wanna think anymore, I don’t care what’s gonna happen next all I know is I want her to stop crying and stop them from hurting her…

 

I took a step towards them and before I could take any more step… I saw Yuri grabbing the collar of one student and everything went silent… everyone.

 

“Yuri let her go…” our manager said, but Yuri wouldn’t budge

 

The manager grabbed Yuri’s hand trying to loosen the grip “Yuri let he-----“,

Yuri shifted her gaze to the manager, and I can fully understand why that student look so terrified, that look in Yuri’s eyes right now, it’s something that I’ve never seen before and I admit it’s terrifying.

 

“if you touch me again, you won’t like what’s gonna happen next” Yuri said as she pushed the girl that she’s holding to our manager hardly causing them to land on the floor.

 

Every student who was like a hungry lion earlier looks like a tame dog now… they were all scared of her… Yuri took a step and every one of them took a step backwards… she took another step again and the same things happen…

 

“if you take another step again, you’re dead” she said that made all of them froze…

 

 Nobody dare to say anything, all I can heard is soft sob coming from Tiffany.

 

END OF POV

 

“do you have any idea how long I’ve been waiting here? Just to get rid of you” she said “it’s more than I can take… and now after all those waiting you’re still here… do you have any idea how annoying that is?”

 

“…” Yuri read one of the sign brought by the student “did you make us wait just to show that trash?”

 

The student looked down… as Yuri leaned to her ear and whisper “seems like you got the bigger mouth here, I’m gonna say it one time so you listen to me…. if you ever try something not-very-funny like this again, I’m gonna rip that signage of yours and I will shove them down your throat”

 

then retract as she took her handkerchief and gave to the unmoving girl “I don’t think Nickhun like girls who sweat a lot”… then made her way like a boss