Serendipity

A Second Chance

 

It's 14th of the Month so you know what day it means right? 

Happy 14th everyone! 

 

 

"I never thought that hearing my own name can make my heart skip a beat until she says it"

                                                                  - JESSICA

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

A sharp shooting pain in my head woke me up, quickly followed by a whirling sensation.

“Dammit!” I cursed under my breath with my eyes shut. I shifted my body looking for a better position that could help ease the pain in my head but nothing seems to be going my way, a flash of light beam through my face, “aghh!”

I squint to see where the light is coming from but then;

 

Something horrifying is right in front of me. Dreadful. Kwon Yuri!

‘Why is Yuri on my bed?!”.

What? my bed? No, this isn’t my bed, that’s not my lamp. I frantically looked around, where is Tiffany? ‘this is not my room!”

Think! Think! Think! ‘What is happening?! Why are on the same bed sleeping together?!

 

I shut my eyes out, trying to remember what lead to this horrendous moment.

My heart drops.

Suddenly I couldn’t breathe as realization hit me, this is more than horrifying.

 

 “I know it’s not in your nature and it’s not you, but can you please make an exception just for tonight?”

“I feel like I’m going to break down anytime soon…and I really, really need someone to keep me from falling apart”

“Exception granted”

 

I could feel a cold sweat forming all over me. I’m literally shaking. God help me!

 “I need to get out of here! I need to get the hell out here!!” Frantically screaming inside my head.

A good scream would be nice right now. A scream that feels like my life depends on it. But I can’t do that right now, not even a whisper.

It feels like I was on the movie where my life hangs on the balance and one wrong move; I’m dead. I swear I have never felt so scared waking somebody up.

I am so afraid to the point where I keep holding my breath because it might hit Yuri and wake her up. I slowly; very, very slow, turn my body to the left. I almost screamed in happiness when I succeeded. I am now back facing Yuri.

Keep this up and you’ll be out of here in no time. I told myself. Okay, one more time.

And just when I was about to move again, something life threatening happens.

 

Suddenly, an arm was lay on top of me, paralyzing me. Then, a cold sensation runs through my body. As if the air condition of this room is pointed right at me. But no, it wasn’t because of the room’s temperature.

It was Yuri’s breath.

I could literally feel every breath she makes behind me and it is driving me crazy.

But you know what’s crazier? I like it.  I like the serenity it brings to me. Like she’s telling me that she’s just right there behind me. I don’t really mind staying like this for a while, with no worries, no anything; just her and the serenity she brings.

But I knew better. This peacefulness won’t last long; after all she is Kwon Yuri.

 

I lift her arm slowly to get it off of me but before I could do so; she did something unthinkable, said something unthinkable to precise.

 

“Don’t go…”

 

I never imagined that two words, two little words can shake a person to the core, until now.

It must’ve felt good to hear those words under different circumstances and not this one. This was a mistake, me coming into this room, say those words and did those things was all a mistake and everything that comes with it, especially this inexplicable feelings that’s forming inside me.

 

Don’t go. No more, no less. What does she want now?

 

“This is a mistake…” I managed to whisper. No response came from Yuri, not even a movement. “I should go…” I added and just like the first time, silence; and silence has never been suffocating. And if I dwell on this silence any longer I’m really going to lose it. We’re here at this moment because of me and it wouldn’t erase anything even if I leave here now so….

I took all that I had to turn my body “Yuri, we ne--…”

She’s sleeping?

I stared at her for a moment, confirming and she really does. Then where that ‘don’t go’ come from?

 

I laughed in embarrassment. I actually played a lot of scenarios in my head on why would she say that and here she is… just sleep talking; how embarrassing.

 

“God, This is crazy…” I mumbled staring at the ceiling “I’m going crazy, I’m seriously loosing it..,” I said as I turn my body facing this person in front of me.

This is the first time that I got a closer look to her face like this and she looks so different, it feels different but then again I knew better…

 

“You got those cold brown eyes that show no emotions, deceptive smile that lures people, sham kindness that fools people, and a stone cold heart. That’s what you are and I hate people like you…” I confessed; it’s not like I’m keeping it a secret “because your kind is what tears people apart from inside out, your kind is what make those scars hurt each and every time, the kind of people who will left a hole in someone’s heart forever. The wors----“

 

“Please, don’t go…” She said clearly

 

My heart drops. It felt so sad; I could actually feel it, as if I was the one who’s bidding her a goodbye. It felt surreal hearing those words from Yuri. I guess even somebody like you know what a sad dream is.

 

Please, don’t go…” she repeats as tears fallout from her eyes

 

My heart breaks for her and I don’t know why. This is exactly what I mean when I said your kind is the worst kind of people. You can make people break their hearts for you in a snapped.

I really hate you.

And just like that, my whole body starts betraying me. My hand reached out to wipe her tears.

 

“What kind of dream are you having that you had to cry?”

 

Staring at her with my hand still on her cheeks “I won’t go anywhere… I’ll keep the bad dreams away so you can only dream of a good one”

This is pure insanity.

 

A big shift on bed woke me up. This doesn’t happen usually but somehow it did. I rubbed my eyes, then lazily opening it and there she was, standing, looking at me.

 

‘When did Yuri starts getting a gluta, she’s whiter than I remember. I thought to myself. I was on my way back to slumber when realization hit me.

I quickly pulled the blanket on my body and in no time I’m out of bed.

 

She didn’t get white, she looked pale, like she’d seen a ghost “I-I swear---I d-didn’t touch you…” she said; panic was clearly evident not just on her face but also on her voice

“I-I s-swear to God nothing happen!”  She screams as if I didn’t hear her the first time. I know nothing happen “I swear to----“

 

“Will you please stop screaming? Its early morning for God sake” I said in annoyance. I do hate noise in the morning.

That stops her for a moment but the panic, anxiety is still plastered all over her face.

 

“Will you please calm down? You look like you’ve seen a ghost just now” I told her, she’s handling it worse than I imagine.

“Alright…” she said taking a breath “let’s calm down and talk it out, okay…” color on her face starts to come back, that’s a good sign.

 

“I’m sorry…”

“huh?” not because I didn’t understand it but because of those words that’s making me question it. Did she actually say those words? Up until now she had never said those words, I never heard her say those words not even once, not even when I’m so close to kill her for her rudeness. Did she really apologize?

 

 “Remember last night?” She starts. Of course I do, it’s not something you can just forget even if you wanted to.

 “You fell asleep while you—you know…” looking at me cautiously “and I was supposed to… I was on my way out to your room when Yoona and Sooyoung came and I could not let them see us like that… I must have fallen asleep while waiting for them to go inside their room” she explained in details “That’s the truth, I promise…”

 

I close my eyes. Trying to remember when did I exactly fell asleep? When was it?

‘Exception granted.’ Then I cried my hearts out and that’s the last thing I remember.

 

“Please say something…” She pleads, must have scared her when I got silent.

“Are you okay?” she asked. Wait is that concern I’m hearing?

 I met her eyes. Is that worry I’m seeing? “Say something, please…”

 

 “I believe you…”

“y-you do?”

 

I nod “If there’s one thing that I’m sure did happen is me getting crazy; that was real crazy…” I looked away “God,that was terrible…” Who am I kidding? That was more than terrible, it’s not even close

 

I wait for her response but she kept her silence. I guess its better this way, wouldn’t want her old self right now, standing here in front of her is dreadful enough. I don’t need her to slap it into my face.

 

“I’ve embarrassed myself more than enough in this life time so I should get the hell out of here” Embarrassing? How cute. That’s an understatement in this scenario “Why don’t you go take a look outside if somebody’s out there, we don’t want anybody seeing me getting out of your room, right?”

 

“y-yeah…” She nodded then went outside.

 

I should’ve left when I had the chance.

God, I shouldn’t have come here in the first place.

What were you thinking Jessica Jung?

 

“There’s no one outside…” she informs me and that was my big cue to run out of this room. I do hate running but I wouldn’t mind running for this, so I did.

And when we are ‘safe’ to everyone’s, I told her something I should’ve said the first time she took care of me.

 

“I never properly thank you for what you did last night and the other night, so thank you, really thank you” I told her “and I know that we are no more than a stranger to each other but I really, really appreciate it. I just wanted you to know that”

And there she is again, the black and white Kwon Yuri. No words, no anything. Just her and her stoic figure. What more could I expect? At least she stayed to hear it that was more than enough. She did more than enough.

 

And when I was about to leave, she whispered my name…

 

“Jessica…”

I never thought that hearing my own name can make my heart skip a beat until she says it.

I do not want to make this crazier than it already is, so I just looked at her in response.

 

“Can I ask you a favor?” For somebody who’s asking a favor, she sure doesn’t look like it. I guess that’s how it works in Kwon Yuri’s world.

 

It’s out of the blue. A favor

I played a lot of scenarios in my head but none of it makes sense.  What kind of favor does she want?

What favor could possibly rival what I did?

 

“I never thought that I’d get away with this freely but I never thought it’ll be sooner…” I tried to sound as as I can but she just stood there with usual her apathetic face.

 

I brought this to myself.

“What kind of payment do you want?”

 

Then her gaze suddenly changes. I blink to confirm that my eye isn’t playing on me and it becomes stoic again.

It becomes soft, her eyes did. I know it did. I saw it.

 

Then,

 

 “Please don’t ever appear in front of me like that ever again…”

 

 

End of POV

 

 

 

And have you guys seen Lil Touch? I know it'll be good but let me just say it.

THAT SONG IS EPIC!

 

I know it should've been longer than this given that I've been gone for like a year. I'll try to make up with it as soon as I can ^_^

 

So, why don't you drop down a comment or something, anything. 

Let me know how this story is going so far.

 

Thank you in advance!

 

- Serenity