Thunder and A Storm

A Second Chance

 

HAPPY YULSIC DAY!!!

 

"it wasn’t thunder that just shook me, she was a storm that drowns me"

                                                             --- KWON YURI

 

 

 

After giving her goodbye, Taeyeon drove her car without actually knowing where she’s headed, she goes on and on and before she knew it, she can already see a sea… it’s like the sea is luring her so she did…. She stops her car on the side as she walks towards the sea, she could hear the waves of the ocean, feel the wind on her skin, the place is so silent that she could hear and feel everything…. She sat down looking at the moon reflecting itself at the ocean…. She closed her eyes loosing herself at the serenity of the place...

 

“can the wind take all of this feelings away?” She whispered “can the waves of the ocean bury my feelings and let it all gone?”

 

A sound of the of the branches tweak echoed…. Taeyeon looked behind and there she saw a girl bowing her head, apologizing…..

 

“I-I’m s-sorry…, I d-didn’t know someone’s here”

“there’s nothing to apologize….” Taeyeon said as she smiled to her “I don’t own the place… and besides it seems like I was the one who invaded”

“n-no, of course not….” She said “I don’t own this place…. It’s just…. It’s my first time seeing someone here….”

 

Taeyeon looked in front staring at moons reflection “couldn’t resist….”

The girl looked in front… “yeah… me too….”

 

After a moment of silence, Taeyeon stood up, brushing her pants…

 

“leaving?” the girl asked

 

Taeyeon nodded “I don’t want to invade your place any longer….”

The girl smile “told you, you don’t”

And while she’s walking away, she heard the girl again “did you lose something too?”

 

Taeyeon isn’t the type of person who talks a lot, especially not to a person she just met but a part of her tells her that she can trust her so she ask “Can you lose something that’s never been yours?.... She’s not even mine, how can I lose her?”

 

The girl smile “you know I hate it when someone says they just lost someone like they own them…” she looked at Taeyeon “you can’t lose her…. Because you can’t own her… no one can own someone… that’s what I believe and if there’s one thing I know that you lost it wasn’t her…. It was your heart, and losing your heart is one of the saddest things in the universe…”

 

She stares at her speechless, Maybe she’s right, she thought…She didn’t know her, as far as Taeyeon is concern she is a total stranger to her but she felt different, just being with her makes her feel that she could be herself… and it doesn’t happen every day but with her she felt like she could….

 

She’s lost in her own thought when she noticed the girl stands, brushing the sand off of her “where are you going? Leaving already?”

 

“Usually, it took me all night just to actually feel better, I know it’s weird but tonight just talking to you I feel a lot better” the girl smiled

 

Taeyeon smiled “me too…”

“for the first time in a long time, I actually feel better” The girl smiled again “Thank you…”

“me too, but it was second time for a long, long time” Taeyeon smiled

“second?”

“yeah…” Taeyeon smiled shyly “a total stranger, if you look into her eyes there’s nothing but coldness and if you could see her heart I bet it’s hard as stone... but then she saw me at my worst, she didn’t judge like she always do… that’s when I realize that, that person doesn’t have a heart of stone, but a broken soul… And for the first time in a long time because of her… I felt like I have someone I could lean on, someone I could cry on… someone where I could be my weak, broken me….”

 

The girl smiled “then I wouldn’t mind being 2nd… I wish I could meet her”

“you could…” Taeyeon face lighten up “you can, are you coming here tomorrow? I’ll take her”

The girl chuckled “no, you don’t have to… it’s just a joke but if I meet her, that’ll be great….”

“you’re not gonna come here tomorrow?”

 

The girl just shrugged her shoulder

 

“how about I get your number?” she asked “maybe I could take you on a tea sometime…”

“you don’t have to….”

“how about your name?”

The girl just smiled “don’t you think, being just a stranger is a good thing?”

The girl took a step but Taeyeon grabbed her arm “one last thing…..”

The girl stare, waiting for her “did you lose something too?”

The girl pulled her arm “I’ll tell you once I get it back”

“does that mean we’re gonna see each other again?”

“I’ll tell you, IF we see each other again” then smiles

“I’ll hold you to that” Taeyeon said smiling “till we meet again, stranger”

 

The girl just smile, as she steps away from her….

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I was leaning on the seat, with my eyes close, enjoying the serenity…. Until she broke it…

“until when are you gonna pretend to sleep?”

Well I wasn’t pretending, I am trying…  “until I fall asleep” I said without bothering to open my eyes.

 

Then she went silent, but I could feel her looking at me

 

Maybe I got carried away in the moment; I open my mouth before I think so I suddenly asked “Have you ever been pushed aside by someone you care about?”

 

Great! I scold myself,  for all question and for all people, God!... I was waiting for all the teasing I can get from her but no, not even one came instead, “no…” she answered without hesitation… she didn’t even ask why..

 

 “you’re lucky…” I couldn’t help but said loudly,

“if you don’t want to get pushed aside, Don’t let anyone get so close to you that they can push you with their bare hand” she said, and in that moment I realize… Maybe the cold Kwon Yuri that everyone thought doesn’t have a stone heart, but a scared one.

 

End of POV

 

3:14 A.M

Yuri punched the code as the door of their dorm opened, she took steps but before she could make her way to her room a familiar voice called her

 

“Kwon Yuri….” She’s not screaming… there was no hint of anger… it’s plain, almost whispered but Yuri knew something’s up

“do you need something?”

“were you with my sister?” she asked

“are you asking because you don’t really know or you just wanna know if I’m gonna lie?”

“why would you lie?”

“Exactly… why would I?” she continue asking back “but if you’re worried about her, you can sleep now… she’s at the dorm safe and sound” and took a step to leave

“I am worried about her, that’s why I want you to stay away from her” she said, which made Yuri stop

“why?”

“why?!” this time her voice sounds a little firmer “is that even a question?”

“yeah… and I’m asking…” she asked like her usual self

“fine…” she nodded “you wanna hear it, then listen…. I don’t like you, okay… I don’t hold anything against you but it doesn’t mean I am okay for my sister to keep hanging out with y----“

“what is your point really?” she cut her off “just say it..”

“I don’t think you’re the best role model for my sister”

“I get it… no offense taken…” she nodded “but if you’re worried that you’re sister starts destroying someone’s phone outside, or starts a fight with her hater waiting at the airport, do you really think Krystal is capable of doing that?.”

 

Jessica was taken aback for a moment…

 

“she acts like a brat sometimes, but you can trust her…” Yuri said as she starts leaving again… but after a few steps she stops as she turned to looked at her

“I could do that… I could stay away from her” she said looking at her “but if I do that, it’s like I’m saying that you can’t really trust your own sister”

 

 

“Good morning unnies!” Krystal greeted when she saw them at the hallway

“good morning…” they greeted back

“is Yuri-unnie with you?” Krystal asked looking around

“no… she left early” it was Sunny “but she’ll be here…”

“and how do you know that?” Sooyoung asked “I thought she left early”

“have you eaten your breakfast, your mind is not working” Yoona butted in “Of course she told her, right?”

 

But no answer came out from Sunny

 

“she didn’t?” Hyoyeon asked

“why would she tell me?” Sunny asked back “I’m not her mother”

“then how do you know that she’ll be here” Sooyoung asked

“because she’s always here? And she never miss” Sunny answered hesitantly

“come on! It’s Yuri, no one knows what’s she’s up to….” Hyoyeon said “why don’t you call her?”

“why don’t you?” Sunny said

“well I will if I have her number…”

“and what makes you think I have her number?”

“because you’re like a ----- you don’t have her number?!”

“Why would I? we never asked before why would I ask now?” Sunny reasoned “and why don’t you try asking her?”

“we never ask but it doesn’t mean we never needed it!” it was Sooyoung “I did remember, and I was seenzone! Do you know what that feels like? Do yo----”

 

“seriously?” it was Krystal “I can’t believe not even a single of you knows her number…” as she took her phone and dialled Yuri,  everyone looking at her, waiting for Yuri to answer the phone

 

“Where are you?”

“I’m hanging up”

“everyone’s here waiting for you..”

“the practice doesn’t start until 10, it’s 9:30…”

“Make su-----“

 

Toot-toot-toooot

 

“YAH!!!!!” She screamed on her phone, “you’re dead!”

 

“Soojung-ah….” It was Jessica “she’s older than you”

“I’m sorry…” Krystal putting down her phone “but she’ll be here...”

 

“Soojung-ah, Let’s go!” it was Luna yelling behind them

“I’ll see you guys later…” Krystal said as she goes towards Luna

 

“no question, they are closer than you are with Yuri…” Hyoyeon pointing to Sunny

“who cares…” Sunny said

“I do… the fact that you’re closer to her than any of us, you should at least know her number but you didn’t…” Sooyoung said

“and the fact that she’s closer to Jessica’s sister than any of us who actually have her number, makes me really wonder, since when did they get closer?” Hyoyeon added “you don’t really know?” looking at Jessica

“if she does will she looked like that?” Yoona asked, which everyone agreed

 

“you okay?” Tiffany asked her best friend, sitting on the floor waiting for their choreographer “you’re spacing out”

“just thinking something?”

“Yuri? Your sister?”

“I couldn’t help it…” Jessica said “I know we don’t spend a lot of time to each other these past few months, but I never thought that she’d keep something from me”

“and what makes you think she’s keeping something from you?”

“about Yuri…”

“Yuri?”

“Last time I’m with her she never talks about her, I don’t think she ever mention her name and the next thing I know, they are like best friends”

“I’m curious okay… and just because she didn’t tell you how they got closer means she’s keeping something from you” Tiffany stated “don’t be a paranoid, after all its Krystal we are talking about…”

 

she acts like a brat sometimes, but you can trust her…” Words of Yuri echoed in her head…

 

“hey!” Jessica called Krystal preparing for their practice “you got a minute?”

“yeah….” Krystal nodded as she head towards her “something wrong?”

“no, ju----“

“is Yuri not here yet?” Krystal asked “That per----“

“hey, she’s still older than you, remember?”

“I know just----“

“and besides I didn’t come here to ask about her”

“oh… then what is it about?”

“Do you have plans on Saturday night?”

“what?”

“they’re all giving us break on Sunday, right? So I thought maybe we could catch up on Saturday night?”

Krystal just stares at her, observing

“why? you already have a plans?”

“no, no… I don’t have… it’s just---- you sure you don’t have plans that night, you’re not meeting with T--- no, never mind”

“so, are you free?”

“It’s not like I have a choice, don’t I?” she said playfully

“Yahhhhh!”

Krystal chuckled “Okay… Saturday night…”

 

 

“Okay!... let’s call it a day..” Their dance instructor said

 

Cheers echoed inside the room                     

 

Taeyeon fixed her things as fast as she can “guys, I’m heading first…”

“Taeng, we are having dinner tonight, remember?” Sunny said “I asked you days ago 2 days ago and you said you’d come”

“right… I---ah---I forgot.. totally.. I’m sorry”

“no need to be sorry for that, it could slip on your mind... so n------“

“no, I’m sorry, because I can’t tonight…”

“do you have a schedule for tonight, I asked manager oppa?”

“no… I don’t have…” she answered “just…. I need to be somewhere right now”

“where?....” Sunny asked, as everyone’s attention is on them

“just somewhere….” Taeyeon answered “I gotta go…” as she gave her a light smile

“Taeyeon-----“

“I’m really sorry…”

 

 

 “you can come out now” Taeyeon said standing in front of the sea

“What they said is true” Yuri said who comes out from behind “you’re good at driving, you almost lost me”

“well, obviously not good enough” Taeyeon said “Why are you following me anyway?”

“I’m curious…”

“you’re curios?” Taeyeon asked “didn’t know you were a curious type…”

“I’m not… just an exception for today….” She stated “how did you know this place?”

“by accident…”

“a beautiful accident…” Yuri staring at the moon reflecting at the ocean “If it were me, I’d also probably choose being here than having a dinner, but you’re not me Taeyeon…” she said looking straight at her “so why are you here?”

“Wow...” she said lifelessly, looking at her “If I knew that you’d be like this, I’d be happy to only get a cold shoulder from you”

Yuri smile “Well, unfortunately for you….”

Taeyeon sighed deeply “I met someone….”

“I thought so…”

“what?!” She asked in disbelief “you thought so? How could you think of that?”

“you’re not the only person who feels like she needs someone to talk to….” Yuri said “lot of people do…”

“do you?”

 

Yuri smiled “so… how was it? Did he, or should I ask, she rock your world that you could left everyone hanging?”

“she rocked my what!?” she almost yelled “I di-----“

“is there where it happens?... its romantic for someone you just met….”

“God Yul! That’s insane, okay!” Taeyeon totally yelled “we didn’t for God sake! We just talk….”

“talk? As in, talk, talk?”

“yeah, As in talk, talk….”

“If that’s your story…”

 

Taeyeon sighed again “I met her here by accident… and she…. She’s someone I wish I could meet again”

 

“what time is she gonna come?”

“what?”

“you’re going to meet her tonight, right?”

“I hope so…”

“you hope so? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means that, I don’t know if she’s coming… or if she’s ever gonna come…”

“did she tell you that she’s gonna come here tonight?”

“no….”

“I thought so…”

“again?”

“Thunder doesn’t strike the same place twice…”

“That’s really helpful...” she said sarcastically

“Are you sure she didn’t rock your world?” she teased

“Yul!”

“I’m just asking, for someone you just met yo------“

“have you ever talk to someone for the first time and feel like you could trust her everything?”

“For one night, that’s pretty deep….”

“no, it wasn’t one night” She said as she looked at the moon “it was one moment that I knew I could trust her my everything, that’s why I want to meet her again…”

“Thunder….” Yuri whispered

“what?”

“She’s a thunder that rocked your world” she said

“yeah…Maybe she is and she did…” looking at the moon

“I think I should go now….” Yuri said

“what? Why?”

“I am not going to spend my whole night just talking to you Taeng…” she grinned

“Oh God Yul! Just go!”

 

Yuri laughed as she starts walking “I’d really wish you’d met your Thunder again”

 

Taeyeon just smiled as she told her “I heard that will be having bad weather tonight, be careful Yul… a Thunder might hit on you”

Yuri smiled as she whispered “I’ve been on that bad weather, but it wasn’t thunder that just shook me, she was a storm that drowns me”

 

HAPPY 14TH ^_^

 

^C.C^