Panic.

Broken Dreams.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin's word felt like knives stabbing them in the chest. Onew gave a step back while Jonghyun gasped, squeezing Key's hand.

"D-Don't worry, Taemin, just do it again" Minho smiled, trying to keep the scream he was about to make, deep inside his throat.

Taemin's eyes stared at his legs. He just moved them, why the doctor wasn't paying attention? He still felt confused and disoriented. He woke up in an unfamiliar place, surrounded by strange machines, with a painful needle on his hand, an uncomfortable mask pressing hard against his nose and mouth and incredible amount of pain on his body. What was the purpose for this exercise anyway?

His brain sent the order.

Move.

His heart started to beat faster when his toes remained in the same place.

Move...now.

He squeezed Minho's hard enough to make the other gasp.

"W-Why aren't they moving?" He asked, more to himself than any other in the room.

The doctor sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before pulling out a small needle, he looked at the boy's face one more time before pinching slightly his big toe.

"Why did you do that?" Taemin asked, alarmed by the fact that he didn't even felt it.

"Did you feel that?" He asked, not answering his question.

"Y-Yes" He lied.

"M-Minnie, tell the doctor the truth" Minho felt tears coming to his eyes but was able to fight them back.

"I...I didn't feel anything" He whispered, trying to calm his screaming mind.

"I see" He sighed again, moving the needle to his knee and giving another pinch "What about this?"

"No..."

"I'll have to make some tests in order to determine the damage"

"I won't be able to walk again?" Not being able to walk mean no more dancing...no more life.

"It's too soon to give a final declaration but, for now, it's possible."

"Oh God..." Jonghyun covered his mouth with his hand.

This was a nightmare, right? One of those bad dreams that felt like reality but, when things starts to get worse, he would wake up and everything would be fine. He would be in his bed, inside their dorm, with Minho, Onew, Jonghyun and Key. They were going to wake up, have breakfast and go to practice. He was going to talk to Minho about this dream and he would probably laugh, he was going to calm him and said nothing was real.

"T-Taemin, don't worry okay?" Minho's voice snapped him out of his state "Everything is going to be fine."

The maknae’s eyes moved to his hyung. If this was a dream, why Minho had so many cuts in his face? Why his hands had those bandages? What happened to his leg?

"Taeminnie, we're here with you so don't be afraid."

He then moved his eyes to Onew. He had an awful cut over his eyebrow, and his arm seemed broken, why? Was all of this part of the nightmare?

"I...It's a dream, right?" He asked, smiling slightly, looking desperately for a smile from his hyungs.

"Listen, Taemin we-we had a car accident while we were going back and..."

"No!" He yelled, taking his hand out of Minho's grasp "It's not funny anymore! I want to wake up!"

"Taemin this is not-"

"Stop it, hyung! Why are you lying to me?" He pulled the mask off "Is this a hidden camara? Stop it right now! It's the worse!"

"Please, calm down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter