Chaos

Our Story

Maybe what was more shocking than the announcement itself was who they heard it from or rather what. They woke up one day and Kris was gone and the news was telling them that he had filed a lawsuit. There was no explanation, no warning. It was sudden and it destroyed them all. The morning they found out about it, the managers came to their dorms and took all their mobile phones. Some gave theirs away silently, in shock of the events, not sure of what was going on and others protested, demanding an explanation. 

Xiumin gave his away quietly and without complaint and that is something that he would years later, regret and hate himself for. But for now, the naive and foolish Xiumin gave up his electronic devices silently. Baekhyun, on the other hand, fought back. "Why do we have to give our phones!?" Baekhyun demanded an answer as soon as the manager asked for their phones. "I don't need to tell you that. Give it, quickly!" The manager said in an angry tone. Kai flinched at the man's tone but Baekhyun remained firm. 

"No, how can we just give away our devices? Something must be wrong! You don't want us to contact Yifan-ge, right?" Baekhyun accused as realization dawned on his face. The manager's expression remained annoyed. "Just give it! I don't have time to deal with this bull." He retorted back. Baekhyun glared. "Not until we get some sort of expla-" Baekhyun was cut off when the manager let out a frustrated sigh and slapped him, once on the face. It was done so quickly and suddenly that no one realized what had happened until Baekhyun staggered slightly, knocking into the side table. Xiumin's eyes widened in shock as he watched Baekhyun clutch his red cheek. 

Chanyeol was the first person to react. "Ya! What the heck is wrong with you, you ing !" Chanyeol said, his normally deep voice even deeper from anger. He stepped forward and raised his hand as if to slap the manager but Lay and Chen quickly pulled him back. Chanyeol struggled against their grasp. "Let me go!" He protested. The manager took a step back glancing at Chanyeol wearily. "Just give the ing phone." He said again but it wasn't as strong as before. 

Suho seemed to break out of his daze as he stepped forward. "You aren't allowed to hit any of the idols. I'm going to call the police." Suho said with gritted teeth, his face twisted in disgust and anger. "With which phone exactly? We already have your phones." Another manager spoke up. Suho opened his mouth but nothing came. The other manager smirked. "I thought so." He spoke up cockily. "Why are you doing this?" Suho asked finally, his voice upset. "Orders; now, tell this weakling to give his phone." The main manager ordered, more confident from the backup he had recieved. 

Baekhyun glanced up with a sullen and dark expression on his face. "I don't have it." He said. The main manager scoffed. "Don't bother lying." He replied. Baekhyun turned his pockets inside out and no phone was found. The main manager's face darkened and he swore colourfully before turning to the other managers. "Go search his bedroom." He told them and they nodded, quickly going off to the bedroom. "What the heck? This is an invasion of privacy!" Luhan protested from next to Xiumin, his tone incredulous. Xiumin turned towards him slightly and watched the boy glare ferociously at the manager. "I don't care." The main manager replied simply. "Aish, this ing-" Chanyeol got away from Chen and Lay's grasp and quickly pulled up his fist when the manager spoke up again. "Hit me and your career will be over." He said simply but with so much arrogance that Chanyeol immediately faltered, his fist in mid-air. 

"Chanyeol, put your fist down." Xiumin said softly, intervening finally. Things were getting messy enough, there was no sense in taking them any further. Chanyeol obediently walked back but he kept his gaze on the manager. Minutes later, the managers came down with Baekhyun's phone in their hand. "It was in the underwear drawer." One of the managers informed rudely. Baekhyun flushed slightly. The main manager laughed mockingly at Baekhyun before turning around and heading to the door. "Well, our work here is done." He opened the door and held it open for the other managers as they walked out. "You all," The main manager waved his hand dismissingly at them, "have been ordered to stay here. Leave and there'll be trouble." He warned before going through the door and shutting it firmly. Seconds later, a click was heard as the door was locked from the outside. 

"Did he- did he just lock us in?" Lay asked with shock evident in his voice. Luhan walked up to the door and jiggled it. "Yeah, he did." Luhan said, leaning against the door, his face filled with frustration. A short silence followed as the members took in that information. D.O. took that moment to get up and turned to Baekhyun. "Baekhyun, is your cheek okay?" He asked with concern in his voice. Baekhyun nodded. "It's fine. It's not even half as painful as your chokeholds." Baekhyun said with fake cheerfulness in his voice. 

D.O. shook his head, not buying it. Chanyeol stepped forward. "Don't joke, Baekhyun. He hurt you. Wait, let me check." Chanyeol said, leaning forward. Baekhyun pushed him away slightly. "I said I'm alright!" He insisted, his voice becoming more louder and upset. Chanyeol immediately retreated, a slightly hurt expression on his face. "Okay, don't have to be so rude about it." Chanyeol mumbled and if it weren't for the silence in the room, he wouldn't have even be heard. Baekhyun bit his lip but didn't reply. 

Tao walked forward. "What's going on with Yifan-ge? Why aren't they telling us anything?" The younger boy asked with innocent worry molding his features. "I don't know. It can't be true, though. Don't worry, Yifan wouldn't ever leave us. It's probably just rumours that they're trying to settle down." Suho reassured but it seemed like he was trying to convince himself rather than the other members. "I don't understand." Kai said suddenly and these blunt and truthful words, spoken in a moment of frustration, seemed to represent everyone's emotions perfectly at that time.  

I don't understand. 

Xiumin turned slightly away, his shoulders hunched. He glanced at the poster of EXO that was in the living room (put up by Suho) of the 12 members right after their debut. Xiumin glanced at Kris who was at the side, being the tallest. The boy had a bright and happy smile on his face. Xiumin glanced away, shutting his eyes. Yifan, I don't understand. Please, don't do this. 

~~~

AISH but you know, apparently, baekhyun did actually try and hide his phone and although it's not confirmed, there are rumours that he was hit by one of the managers because of it. So, yeah :(

Anyway, thank you for commenting and subscribing, if you did! Much appreciated!

Bye!