The Relationship

Our Story

Luhan woke up next to a pretty boy with brown hair and cute cheeks. He glanced at the still sleeping Xiumin and leaned in, smiling. Gently, he moved the boy's bangs out of his face. Xiumin scrunched up his nose in his sleep, muttering something incoherently before sighing and going still again. Luhan felt a grin on his face. "So cute." He whispered. 

It had been 2 months since they had started well, together. Neither one of them had felt the need to put a label on what they had. 'Boyfriend' seemed too childish, not strong enough for their feelings. 'Lovers' sounded pretentious and 'Friends' was a lie. Chen had cheekily suggested 'friends with benefits' and had  immediately been given a timeout by Suho. Luhan almost felt bad for the boy when Suho began a lecture on respect and friendship. Almost. 

The last 2 months had been the best in Luhan's life. Their schedule was filled up and everyday they would be shuttled from one area to another. His body and mind was exhausted, his voice strained from the performances and his soul weary but he was happy. And the reason why he was happy was because of Xiumin. Whenever he felt overwhelmed or just tired, he would glance at Xiumin. The shorter boy tried to never show his exhaustion and his smile was always bright and cheerful, as if he hadn't just slept one hour the night before. Xiumin would always make Luhan's face light up but he also inspired Luhan. 

Luhan had always gotten more attention from the fans because of his (*sigh*) feminine and (debatable) attractive appearance but Luhan thought that Xiumin deserved more fans. It wasn't just that Xiumin was much more handsome and attractive than Luhan, he also worked harder than Luhan. When everyone was exhausted and wanted to leave the training room, it was Xiumin who would insist on staying for a few more hours to practice. Luhan would usually stay behind and wait for Xiumin, watching the boy practicing with heavy-lidded eyes, not sure how his baozi even had enough strength to stand up, let alone dance. 

Luhan broke out of his thoughts when the alarm on Xiumin's phone began to beep. He turned to see the boy's hand reaching reaching blindly for the phone as he slowly got up, his eyes fluttering. He (cutely) yawned, turning the alarm off. It was only then that he noticed Luhan. He gave him a sleepy smile. "Good morning." Xiumin said to Luhan, his voice slightly huskier due to just waking up. "Did the alarm wake you?" 

Luhan shook his head. "I was already awake." He said, pulling lightly at Xiumin's arm, bringing him closer so that they were face to face. Xiumin gave a lazy smile. "I didn't brush my teeth." The older boy reminded. Luhan shrugged. "Neither did I." He said before placing his lips on the other's.

~

"Luhan-ssi, what are your thoughts on the popularity that EXO has recieved?" The interviewer asked Luhan with a bright smile. Luhan groaned inwardly. How many ing times would he have to answer this question? He placed what he hoped was a humble smile on his face. "I feel very lucky and thankful for our old and new fans." He said mechanically, not even thinking about the words. The interviewer nodded and moved on to another member. Most interviews went like this. He would be asked a question, usually something that required no creativity or actual thinking on Luhan's part and then the interviewer would move on. It was these times which made Luhan feel frustrated at the size of the group. 12 freaking guys, how did Baekhyun and Chanyeol even manage to talk as much as they did around that many people. 

Quiet people like Xiumin and D.O. would never even let out a word besides when they were actually asked a question or spoken to. It was sad, really. Luhan couldn't even relax throughout the interview. No, he had to keep his back pencil-straight, a permanently curious and attentive look on his face and his hands still and neat. He didn't think he had focused this much during school. Luhan listened as Tao was asked about wushu and watched the boy confidently reply to the interviewer. "Oh, your Korean is very good!" The interviewer complimented. Tao just nodded smugly. 

Luhan resisted the urge to punch that smirk off the boy's face. Tao was only good at that one sentence because he had been asked it almost as many times as the total number of unsuccessful pranks Chanyeol had pulled against D.O.. The number was larger than you would expect. 

As the interview continued on, Luhan suddenly thought of a funny joke about Kai's obsession with chicken and turned to Xiumin, who was sat on the top row, two seats away from Luhan's position. Luhan couldn't tell Xiumin the joke from this far away but his eyes, shining with laughter and mishief, seemed to convey the gist of Luhan's intentions. The shorter boy smiled at him, his eyebrows raising and his eyes teasing. Luhan grinned back eagerly before winking discreetly at the boy, perhaps too eagerly as he was glared at by Kris, who was next to Xiumin. He quickly turned back around. Damn Kris, why did he have to be so scary?

~

"I'm so tired." Tao whined childishly. Kris sighed. "We all are." He retorted in his deep voice. They were in the car, going back to the dorm, finally. Luhan leaned against Xiumin who was sending a text message to his parents. "Baozi. Baozi. Baozi. Baozi." Luhan repeated like a mantra, staring at Xiumin. Xiumin didn't even glance up. "What?" He asked as he continued to type. "I'm sleepy!" He whined. "Oh my god. You and Tao are both such babies." Chen blurted from the back seat. Lay was already asleep, his head against the window, earphones in. 

Luhan and Tao both simutaneously glared at Chen. "Don't compare me to him!" They said at the same time. "Hey!" They turned to the other, annoyed expressions on their faces. "Stop doing that!" They both gaped angrily at the other. Chen burst into his dinosaur laughter and even Kris chuckled. Xiumin gave a soft giggle. "Looks like you two really are the same." Kris commented from the front. Luhan sighed and rested his head back on Xiumin's shoulder. Xiumin put his phone away and glanced at Luhan. 

"Rest a bit." Xiumin suggested, reading Luhan's pleading expression. Luhan smiled and gave Xiumin a short but sweet kiss. "Wake me up." He told Xiumin, cuddling into Xiumin's firm and comfortable body. Tao made an awkward noise between a cough and a gag. Chen laughed obnxiously. "Don't scare the homophobic with your gayness." He teased. Tao flushed and began to smack Chen. "Bad Jongdae! Do you want a timeout?" Tao accused angrily. Chen furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you trying to copy Suho hyung?" He asked the younger boy. 

As they continued to bicker, Luhan sighed and felt himself drift to sleep. 

~

He was woken up with annoying taps on his face. He grumbled, scrunching up his face. He opened his eyes to see Chen in front of him. "Oh, you're awake hyung! Come on, let's go." Chen said. "What were you doing to me?" Luhan asked, disgust in his voice. "Using you as a drum." Chen replied without skipping a beat. Luhan just sighed and followed him sleepily out of the car. "Where's Minseok?" He asked. "Why did I know you would ask me that?" Chen asked with a smirk. "Just tell me." Luhan said, too tired to even joke around. "He's putting Tao to bed. You know how Tao gets." Chen explained. "Don't we all?" Luhan asked, rolling his eyes. He walked into the dorm to see Lay collapsed on the couch. "I'll move him." Chen volunteered. 

"You're being strangely cooperative today." Luhan observed suspiciously. "Oh, shut up." Chen said as he looped one of Lay's arms around Chen's shoulder. "Come on, Lay hyung." The younger boy muttered as he dragged him towards the stairs. Lay sighed, still half asleep and zombie walked with the help of Chen, to his bedroom. 

Kris was grabbing a drink in the kitchen, Luhan could hear him gulping loudly. "I'm heading to bed. Goodnight Wufan!" Luhan called out as he wallked up the stairs. "Night!" He heard the deep reply just as he slipped into his room. He immediately collapsed onto the bed. He lay there for about two minutes before he heard EXO-K arriving into the dorm. He was too lazy to move from his comfy position however, and decided to stay there. He was waiting for Xiumin to arrive and picked up a rubiks cube which had somehow found it's way onto the bed. Luhan played around with it, easily solving the puzzle. He smiled triumphantly, feeling proud of himself. 

He was playing it for the third time when Xiumin entered. The shorter boy looked exhausted, the stage smile gone and a calm but tired expression on his face. "Hey." Luhan said sitting up. "Hey.." Xiumin said before yawning. "Come on here, you look exhausted." Luhan said. Xiumin smiled. "I have to clean up a bit, this room is a mess." He said reluctantly. "Aish! That can wait for another time." Luhan said. Xiumin laughed. "That's what you said yesterday about the laundry." He points out. Luhan pouts. "Yeah, but you actually did the laundry." He saids, shaking his head. 

"Come on! Cuddle with me~" He says, his voice soft and pleading. Xiumin bites his bottom lip in hesitation. Luhan is immediately distracted and doesn't even hear the boy's response. "Huh?" He asked. Xiumin came closer to him and smacked his head lightly. "I said alright." He said before shaking his head. "Tells me he wants me but then doesn't even listen." The shorter boy teases. 

"Your lip bite distracted me." Luhan says confidently, smirking a bit. Xiumin's eyes widen and the boy blushes slightly. "So blunt." Xiumin mutters. Luhan laughs and flops onto the bed. Xiumin lays down next to him. "God, I love you so much." Luhan says as he stares at the boy. Xiumin's cheeks flush a bit but the smile on his face is genuine, brighter than any stage smile. "I love you more." Xiumin says firmly. Luhan gazes back lovingly.

"I don't think that's even possible." 

~~~

Basically a bunch of badly written fluff 

I just wanted to dedicate a chapter to actually talking about you know, their cute relationship.

Also, Baozi thing inspired by a comic i saw a few days ago. I cant ing find it right now bc you know, i at life but credits to that for the idea thingy

Lastly, thank you for all the subs and comments! It really means a lot. 

Bye!

~