The 10th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


~Four Years Later~

“You think I’m pretty without any make-up on, you think I’m funny when I tell the punch line wrong… I know you get me so I let my walls come down, down…” I sang. “Before you met me, I was a wreck but things were kinda heavy. You brought me back to life, now every February you’ll be my valentine, valentine…” I paused when I felt a pair of hands snake around my waist.

“Keep singing.”

I obeyed and continued. “Let’s so all the way together, no regrets, just love. We can dance until we die, you and I, we’ll be young forever.” He rested his head on my shoulder and started to sway me side to side. “You make me feel like I’m living a teenage dream, the way you .” I giggled at the lyrics and continued. “I can’t sleep, let’s run away and don’t ever look back, don’t ever look back.” I sang as I looked at him.

“Keep on going…”

“My heart stops when you look at me, just one touch now baby I believe this is real so take a chance and don’t even look back, don’t ever look back.” He stopped swayed me for a moment and gave me a peck on the cheeks before we continued looking at the wide ocean.

“We drove to Cali and got drunk on the beach, got a motel and built a fort out of sheets.” I took a sip of my cocktail and put it down beside us, to where it originally was. “I finally found you...” I turned to face him, “My missing puzzle piece, I’m complete.”

He gave a shy smile and turned away. I sung the chorus again and unwrapped his arms around me in the process. I took his hand in mine and pulled him off the sand. “Ima get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight…” I sung as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He placed his arms on my waist and pulled me in for a short kiss.

“Are you feeling better now?” Jaejoong asked.

I nodded. “It’s time I got over it, it’s been three years already…” I said and he placed a strand of hair that was on my cheek behind my ear.

“You know, that song… the lyrics fit us pretty well, except for the driving to California part since we live here.” I said.

“Mhmm…”

“Jaejoong,” I called, and he looked down at me. “I’m sorry…”

“About what?”

“You know…”

“I actually don’t know….?”

“For not being able to go further than a kiss and hug with you.” I said, feeling guilty. I didn’t realise the impact of that night four years ago that Donghae did would be this strong that even after four years, I still couldn’t do it as I was scared. I couldn’t even allow Jaejoong because I was so frightened.

“You best be sorry! Especially when you’re so beautiful and hello, this body, woopey woop! I’m amazed at my own control.” He joked and we both laughed.

“No, seriously. I’m sorry.”

He just nodded in response.

We both turned to look at the sea and I leaned on his shoulder as I recalled everything that had happened in California.

When I first arrived with Siwon, we both made it clear we would only be friends and we are still friends today. My first year involved me giving birth to Nicole. My own Nicole Jung but the happiness didn’t last long. Due to the treatment and x-rays scans previously for my cancer, Nicole couldn’t live longer than a month. Two weeks after birth, she left me. I became a wreck. That was when I met Jaejoong; he was there for me when Siwon couldn’t be. He became someone who I grew to love. He became that someone I never had - that someone who I could tell everything to. He never judged me, he just loved me. He brought me to life…

Today would have been Nicole’s 3rd birthday.

“But Jess…” Jaejoong started speaking, snapping me out my thoughts. “Are you sure you want to go back to Seoul with me? You don’t have to, I mean, it’s only for six months.”

I violently shook my head.

“I said I was going to be right beside you for as long as forever would last and that includes those six months. Plus, six months without you… my life would .”

He laughed at my cheesiness and I blushed, slightly embarrassed.

“Alright then, it’s about time I met your parents anyway.” He said, hinting what he wanted. I had met his parents a year after our relationship began and they loved me, and they accepted everything that had happened to me that they knew of, which was just Nicole's death. They didn’t know about my history as Jaejoong said they don’t need to know, and it’s my own privacy, but they did know of my family background.

I never thought about him meeting my parents because I didn’t want to go to Seoul, I didn’t want to risk any chances of seeing everyone again. I liked my quiet life in California. I was truthful with myself here, and I would only lie back there.

“We’ll see, my brother might slice me into three pieces though.” I chuckled and he looked horrified. “That’s what you get for not letting them know that you’re dating someone, especially when that person is as amazing as me!” He pouted and I shook my head.

“Cute doesn’t suit you. Stick with being my macho man please.”

“Well, forget about that… let’s head back home. I’m sure Siwon is worried sick especially since its September where the sun sets earlier than usual, California or not.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jaesica! Oh how I don't have a clue on how long it's been since I've written Jaesica! Well, here's the beginning to Jaesica... I did say to some reasons there wont be any deaths, heh... I do lie a little, don't I?

Also, new poster! Check it out yo!

Thanks to Superfishy, peachmacaroon and kprincess1996 for subscribing and ya'll for commenting!

peachmacaroon: Ohhhhhh, a UK reader! Finally someone was able to spot it was inspired from One Shot (heh, no one knows here but I love 'em ,rofl).

supershineegirls03: Yeap, they are strangers and it's a girl - Nicole! Kara's Nicole! LOL, and gahhhhhh the thought of that Hoot MV makes me still excited like the first time I watched it yo!

choki2lovejessi: I want Jongsica too, but then BAM! Comes along Jongkyung and then the next day there are rumours of TaecSica, I mean.. Jongsica shippers aren't catching a break, I'm barely hanging on lol. The other one is actually Minho, lol. Well, Yuri has her own pairing in this... lol.

lalagrl: Heh, the fast forward is always an exciting part to a story but knowing Haesica are only strangers now is slightly sad. I'm sorry that I didn't put in Jay, but he might have a cameo as a friend from California though because Minho actually suits the role better than Jay, rofl.

sweet_selina: Haha, I'm extremely glad that you loved this update, and I hope you liked this one too!

Superfishy: Thank you very much for the comment, and here's the update! Also, Jaejoong's entrance to the story! Haha