The 13th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


It had been three days since I had arrived in Seoul and I was already sick of Tiffany’s voice. I mean, I love my Tiffany but gosh does she sure does have a lot to say. Thank the lord for Eunhyuk’s almighty existence, only he can shut her up or divert her attention because if it was me, she’d just return to her own topic after I change it.

Jaejoong’s company had given him a car so he could get around easier and he was busy with getting everything together for the cases. He would get back late in the night and sneak into my bed which made us wake up to Eunhyuk’s lectures but he said today he was going to get back early.

I have to say, Jaejoong had got along with Eunhyuk, Tiffany and Seohyun very well. I’m not surprised; he’s always had that part of him which made him a social butterfly. I guess even Eunhyuk who told me he didn’t like him too much because he felt like he was betraying Donghae, which left me clueless on why he would feel like that fell for Jaejoong’s charms and they both got lost in the world of law – which is ridiculously boring to me.

“Oh, look who it is!” a male stranger sat down beside me. He sounded familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on who it was. He had a hat that was pulled down low, thick glasses on and a scarf that covered the bottom half of his face.

“Who are you?”

He pulled down his scarf and took off the glasses. “You couldn’t have forgotten me already, Jessica?”

“Oh. You, nice to see you again.” I said, not interested at all in Choi Minho’s presence. I was sitting in the middle of COEX looking at the people walking past me.

“You know, I have a name and you know it anyway. I’d prefer it if you would call me Minho like I’m a friend.”

“We aren’t friends.”

“Then let’s become friends!”

“I don’t want celebrity friends.”

“Well, I’m becoming one – I have your number anyway, Jessica!”

“Ugh, fine – Minho. You’re really annoying, you know? Why are you here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be busy?”

“You don’t know understand a celebrity’s life, do you?”

I shrugged. “I have no relations to celebrities, so why would I?”

“Oh… feisty, well you see – there’s something called a free schedule. My schedule is later on, I’m free right now.”

A distant flash caught my eye and I looked at Minho. “What are you doing to do with the reporters?”

“Nothing.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “I don’t want my face all over the news as another one of your girlfriends.”

“Well, that’d do me some good – the girls I’ve been paired with recently…” He sighed. “They’re getting uglier, you’re an upgrade. Well, you look alone – so let’s go shopping!”

He took my hand and dragged me towards a fast food restaurant.

/

After having lunch and looking around shops with Minho, we headed towards a shop filled with dresses.

“Why are you in here?” I asked as he held my hand again. I have given up on getting his hands off because every time I did, he would take my hand again even when I reminded him about my boyfriend. A reporter had also followed us the whole way through which Minho didn’t bother about. The only thing he cared about was shopping, holding my hand and disguising himself from any fans that might recognise him. Thankfully, none of them had done with the help of me but I’m sure the reporter had got a photo of my face though.

“Well, I know someone has a party this Saturday but doesn’t have a dress yet.” He replied while holding a dark red dress up. I shook my head at the dress. “It’s a welcoming party for me, and why would you know that?”

“You were muttering it when I was coming towards you earlier on.” He picked up a formal dress and I shook my head. “Something less formal… and white.”

/

After spending an entire day with Minho that was filled with shopping, listening to him talk and eating, he insisted on driving me to Tiffany’s but that’s because he either wanted to look good in front of that annoying as ever reporter who was attached to my , or he just wanted to know where I was staying.

I said thanks and got out the car, watching him drive away. He managed to stick out his arm to wave which made me laugh. I headed towards the door and took out the keys I was given earlier in the morning by Eunhyuk.

“I’m back!” I said as I saw Jaejoong, Eunhyuk, Seohyun and Tiffany gathered at the TV watching something.

“Shhhh! It’s the good part!” Tiffany managed to say with her eyes glued to the screen. I looked at the TV to see what was going on and it was Donghae, he was leaning in towards the female and suddenly music started to play and it stopped at the scene. “AWWWWWWWW! HOW CAN THEY END THE EPISODE LIKE THAT?” Jaejoong cried with hands going through his hair in frustration.

“EXACTLY! THAT’S SO CRUEL! WE NEED TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW FOR A NEW EPISODE!” Eunhyuk cried too but he threw the remote somewhere in the room which changed the channel.

“Oh, sheesh – that’s for acknowledging my existence.” I muttered and started to leave the room but I stopped when all four of them gasped.

I turned around to see what they were gasping at and was surprised to see my side profile on the screen, but probably only people who knew me would know that it was.

“Sica… is that you?” Tiffany asked and I crammed into a small space on the two people sofa which now had four people on it.

“Yeah… it’s me.”

“Why are you holding hands?” Eunhyuk suddenly asked, but he sounded calm in comparison to how he looked. The news report ended and Tiffany picked up a remote that turned off the TV. Everyone was now looking at me.

“Care to listen to my explanation?” I asked and they nodded so I began explaining from when I first saw Minho. When I finished, Seohyun clapped. I raised an eyebrow at her action.

“Jessica unnie, I like that you weren’t swayed by him… if it was my mum, I’d have divorce parents already!” Seohyun said with a smile plastered on her face. Her comment caused Tiffany and Eunhyuk to have their daily argument. Jaejoong silently left the room without speaking and I followed after him.

“Jaejoong, are you angry?” I wrapped my arms around his waist to give him a back hug and he just held onto my hands at the top of the stairs.

“No, I’m not.” He pulled my arms apart and turned around to face me. “Then why did you leave without a word?”

“I’m slightly worried you know, I’m beginning to feel insecure.” He said, and I smiled in return. “Seoul has a different feel to California; I keep feeling like I don’t belong here.”

I chuckled before giving him a quick peck on his nose bridge. “It’s okay, you’re probably just not used to this place and you’re probably getting more stress at work here instead. Just remember, you can always rely on me if you’re not feeling too good about anything. You know you can always ask me things if you’re feeling insecure or anything.”

“Really?” I nodded to his question.

“Uhmm… I really didn’t want to bring this up again…” He began and started to play with my fingers. “Are you going to see that bastard again?”

There was only one guy who Jaejoong referred “bastard” to and it was the guy I was in a relationship before I went to California with, the father of Nicole, in simple words – Donghae. Jaejoong didn’t have a clue that it was Donghae, and I had no plans on letting him know.

I shook my head and said no. The answer put a warm smile on his face but I couldn’t smile.

I don’t know if I still have feelings for Donghae, and I don’t know what would happen if I did but I still wished that he would come to the party. As a friend, I want to see him again – nothing more and nothing less than that but I also hoped he wouldn’t come. I was afraid of the outcome and I knew nothing good would come out of seeing him again because it ought to affect my relationship with Jaejoong.

Even though Jaejoong taught me to face reality but I didn’t want to face the fact there was even a small possibility that my life would take a wrong turn like six years ago. Love will forever be a frightening thing for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Here is to save the confusion with a few Q&A's that have been answered in the story, but some people probably missed out or got confused on it.

Is there going to be Minho/Yuri?
Maybe...

Is Minho a player here? Is he arrogant?
I suppose it depends on your definition of a player, but he gets the girls... He's not really arrogant either.

How old is Seohyun in this?
She's 5

What is Jaejoong's purpose of going back to Korea?
He's going to handle a few cases there

Will it be a Haesica ending?
Maybe...

Who is Taeyeon's boyfriend?
Next chapter! At the partayyyy!

Is Yoona going to be the third wheel like usual between Haesica?
No, simple as that - she is happy with Heechul in this.

When is Haesica going to meet? =(
Some time soon... I mean come on, who knows - Donghae might have read the news about Minho & his "girlfriend" and spotted Jess in the picture, lol.

Does Jaejoong know Donghae was her husband? Does he know anyythiiiingggg?
Jaejoong knows everything about Jessica's past but Jessica has never named Donghae, so JJ named him as "bastard" lol. He's not aware it's Donghae who that person who hurt Jessica, but he's aware someone did before.

 

Thanks to Crystalley for subscribing!

kprincess1995: Oh, that's fine haha.

peachmacaroon: Haha, Taeyeon's boyfriend will be a surprise or shock to people. The party is the next chapter! Finally!

choki2lovejessi: Haha, who said Jaesica and Haesica at the same time? Well, I hope the twins won't be mean to Sica and be nice since it's been 4 years already.

supershineegirls03: Taeyeon's boyfriend will be a surprise and revealed in the next chapter!

lalagrl: Hehe, Taeyeon's boyfriend is a surprise and will be revealed in the next chapter~ Haha, I laughed at your suspicions, nonononooooooo - Jaejoong is STRAIGHT... I mean, hello, have you not seen his girlfriend Jessica Jung? LOL.

sweet_selina: Hehe, it's not the party just yet - party is next chapter though!