The 15th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Donghae pushed me into the passenger seat of a car which I supposed was his and he got into the drivers license. He started the engine and put his seatbelt and I followed suit, I mean, if he was going to drive, I might as well follow the safety procedures of actually wearing mine too.

Every time I glanced over to see him driving made my heart beat faster each time and I felt a longing feeling. I’ve never lied to myself and I understood my emotions well, and I knew this feeling wasn’t just longing… I actually missed him. The feelings from four years ago were returning and they weren’t welcome. 

The car took a sudden stop and woke me up from my thinking. Donghae got out the car and I followed him out too but I kept a distance.

“So Taeyeon wasn’t lying, huh?” He turned around. I furrowed my brows. “And what’s wrong with me returning? I won’t be here for long, so you don’t need to worry about that.”

There was a deafening silence and all we could hear was the wind blowing because no cars were going past so we were alone on the road.

“When and how did you meet… that guy?” Donghae suddenly asked as he leaned against the car with his back.

I took in a deep breath, “I met him when I was in California, and we became friends after we saw each other at a hospital. Why are you asking all this?”

“How have you been since you’ve left?” He continued asking me questions without looking at me. The guilt of not telling him anything about Nicole hit me again. “I’ve been fine. You? Enjoying your celebrity life?” I replied, and he began to walk closer to me with his head down. When he got closer to me, I became stiff as he looked straight at me.

“It’s been horrible. Imagine being mobbed by random girls everywhere, having people invade your privacy, have no respect for you because they think they rule your life and being tied to a contract… to only be allowed to sleep for three hours a day and following an inhumane schedule, no one can enjoy that life.” He said and I gulped. He was expecting a response, but I felt awkward to even speak.

“Why did you choose that path then? I remember you always were the top of the class in University…” I said.

“There’s one reason why.” He held onto both my wrists. The nightmares of that night from four years ago flashed through my mind and I immediately tried to get him off though he might have not meant any harm. I kept of trying to get him off me but he wouldn’t let go. My heart was beating faster again, the last time I gave in to him, it didn’t end too well – I was afraid again. He wasn’t Jaejoong, the Jaejoong that wouldn’t harm me and I didn’t know this Donghae, I didn’t know if he was still the heartless man I loved those years ago.

“Let go please.” I said but continued to struggle.

“Just let me speak!”

“You don’t need to speak while holding onto my wrists!”

“Just listen to me!”

“Fine! Say what you want to say!”

“You…” He said as he let go of on wrist and lifted my chin up with his fingers. “You were the reason to why I became one, I wanted to find you. No one would tell me where you went and it was a solution that sounded plausible out of everything.”

It felt like the whole world had just stopped as we stared into each others eyes. I broke away from his gaze when my phone started to ring. I pulled it out and it was Minho calling. His picture that I took on the ‘shopping date’ showed on the screen and I was sure Donghae had seen it before I picked up. I walked a small distance away from Donghae and looked at him as I spoke on the phone. He looked confused.

“Hey, Jess, where are you? I can’t find you.” He asked.

“I’m sorry, Minho… I suddenly saw a friend, can I call you later on if you’re not busy?”

“Sure!” With that comment he hung up and I slowly slipped the phone back into my bag. I turned around and saw Donghae’s chest, I looked up, only just realising how tall he was in comparison to me and stumbled back but he held onto my waist and pulled me closer to him. I used my hands to separate ourselves as much as I could but it only helped so much.

“Was that Minho, Choi Minho? My first girlfriend snatcher?” He asked but I didn’t understand. “The one who stole Yuri from me before…”

I stiffened once again. So, did that mean… Yuri left Donghae for Minho? So Minho did have a hidden girlfriend, and it was Yuri? Oh boy, no wonder that apparently even the both of them consider each other rivals too.

“…You have more than one girlfriend snatcher?” I asked but he didn’t say anything. I once again realised the close proximity between us that almost had no space left that I just almost forgot. “I have a boyfriend, a boyfriend that I love.” I stated, hoping he would get the message that I didn’t like the skinship. However, I didn’t hate it.

His arms slowly made its way to form a hug and he held tightly onto me to the point that I could feel his heart beating.

“I have someone I love too…”

I tried to pull away from his hug and he let me, I looked at him, it was almost as if the person he loved was me, but how much chance would I have, and I already have Jaejoong, it’s not fair. 

His face was slowly coming closer but I didn’t back away. Instead, I moved forward and both our lips met. The innocent kiss slowly became something more passionate that involved our hands going all over the place and with tongues invading each others mouths.

One moment I say I love Jaejoong, and one moment I’m kissing Donghae… and I haven’t even seen him again for more than ten minutes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to furple077 and Miley_Louche for subscribing!

Superfishy: Hehe, doesn't everyone? No cliff hanger here though!

wookietaemin: Aww, thank you~ <3 That's so sweet of you~

lalagrl: Hehehe, Haesica~ woo! Hehe!

peachmacaroon: Yeah, i am the writer of IY, LDH rofl~ Glad that you liked that story! Actually, I was thinking about having a SNSD member as her girlfriend and was considering Sooyoung or Hyoyeon, but lol, MCore just told me to do Sooyoung, rofl.

choki2lovejessi: Hehe, of course~ but there might be some HAE/JAESICA at the same time, who knows... lol.

supershineegirls03: Haha, well Haesica's meeting... well, not what a lot thought it'd be...

mar5122: Of course he'll come, he got a call from his sister haha~