The 3rd Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The 3rd Handful of Love

I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision and stretched out my arms and legs before sitting up. I felt my forehead and it was at my normal temperature and smiled as the thought of Donghae taking care of me last night took over. A post-it note beside stuck on my lamp beside the bed caught my eye. I peeled it off.

“I was going to call Siwon to help you last night but I didn’t want him to find out about our relationship. Please forget what happened yesterday if you think I like you better because I still hate you for everything you’ve done.” I read. I forcefully scrunched the post-it into a ball and threw it somewhere random.

There’s my thoughts that he willingly took care of me going down the drain, there goes my thoughts that he liked me better, and there goes confirming the idea that he still hates me for everything I did which was just have us married. I never asked him to work in the company so he still lived his University life while I worked under the company. I never asked him to buy me anything though I bought him things. I never forced him to have any skinship with me other than linking arms and holding hands but that was when we were in front of people.

I heard clashing and bumping downstairs and I threw my duvet cover off of myself and ran out the room. I looked down to see what I was wearing and it was the same from last night, except I had pyjama trousers on the bottom.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I went to the living room which was where all the noise was and I saw Yoona attacking Donghae.

“IM YOONA! What are you doing?” I yelled to get their attention. “Stop that right now.” I demanded.

“But-“

“No buts! Get your legs off his waist and uncurl your fist that is going in the direction of his face!”

She did as I said and Donghae brushed off his clothes. Yoona ran over to me and touched me all over. “Are you alright my sweet Sica? Did he take care of you well? You know I’m beating him up for yesterday, right? For making you cry!”

“IM YOONA! Will you shut up?” My head was starting to feel light again and my legs were feeling weak. I glanced over to Donghae to see what he was doing and he was just checking his watch.

Yoona stormed over to Donghae and slapped him across the face. Donghae’s cheek started to burn up and he turned to glare at Yoona. The finger marks were already becoming visible. She must have slapped him hard.

“Lee Donghae! Are you stupid? Jessica’s life was on the line last night and you didn’t even care to think of calling me over? Instead, you put on a pair of trousers to keep her ‘warm’ as you say and give her some pills for ordinary people? Because of your fear of losing your pride, you risked Jessica’s life! Why did I let her do what she wanted to do a year ago? She’s gone through nothing but hell!” Yoona yelled.

Outside, the door bell was ringing and I could hear banging already. I looked at the time and it was only 9am. It was probably Sunny and Taeyeon. I began walking out the room.

“Then why didn’t you stop her? You think she’s the only one going through hell? I am too! Seeing her face and seeing the ring on my finger telling me we are married and she can break my family with one sentence like she did before! Do you think I like that?” Donghae argued back and it stopped me in my tracks as I blinked the tear that was ready to fall away.

I kept on walking out till I reached the door when they remained silent inside.

I opened the door, “Taeyeon, Sunny, I’m sorry, I’ve got a fever so I can’t come today. Sorry for not informing you earlier.” I said as I pushed them back outside when they tried to come in.

“What’s going on? I heard shouting going on. Was it you and Donghae?” Sunny said, concerned and I shook my head.

“No, he’s just rehearsing with Yoona for her new play! But yeah, I’m really sorry! How about shopping tomorrow?” They nodded and started to turn away but Sunny kept look back at me. When they reached their car, they sped off. I let out a sigh of relief and closed the door before running back to the living room when I heard shouting again.

“AT LEAST YOU HAD YURI! YOU HAD SOMEONE WHO LOVED YOU! Did you not?” I watched as Yoona swallowed. “Jessica only had me…”

“She has Choi Siwon!”

Yoona slapped him again, on the other cheek and I flinched from the sound echoing through the room.

“Imagine if Yuri never liked you, and she never spoke you to, and in fact she hated you. How would you cope with that? You can’t! It’s the same with Jessica, but she’s willing to hold on because she stupidly fell in love with the wrong person! Why am I even talking to you? Go and tell your friends how much you hate her and how YOU were the one who initiated acting to friends and family except me to keep your freaking pride you stupid man!”

I could tell Yoona was going to slap him again when she raised her arm but I ran over and grabbed her wrist.

“Jess, why are you stopping me from slapping him into his senses? He thinks you chose the path of hell, and you dragged him into it to suffer with him but he’s still suffering the most!”

I tried to blink away the tears I held in and bit onto my lips before speaking. “Isn’t that true though? I chose the path and made him walk the road with me.”

“Jessica… he put your life in danger!” Yoona tried to remain calm as she shot Donghae a glare.

“Well for one, I did take care of her because she’s a human so I gave her a towel and pills! Two, how can she die from that?”

“Jessica isn’t a normal person!” Yoona shouted and I yanked her by the arm before dragging her out of the room before she could spill anymore to Donghae. Donghae did not need to know about my cancer, it’s not like he’d sympathise for me. I picked up her shoes, scarf and coat and threw it at her.

“Sica… I’m sorry. I said too much, didn’t I?”

“No, it’s alright. Wait outside while I get dressed and brush my teeth, we can go to Siwon right now.”

“Oh… so it’s Siwon, again?” Donghae said as he leaned against the wall. 

“Think whatever you want.” I said. “You’ve always let me think whatever I like anyway, at least you know you can’t control my mind.” He replied.

I held tightly onto Yoona’s arm to stop her from rushing over to hurt Donghae. Why can I just return to the days where he ignored me? I’d rather that than now, I don’t want him to tell me what how he feels because it already hurt to know.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you to shinminyoung, mar5122, and supershineegirls03 for subscribing!

choki2lovejessi: Heh, I loved the Haesica Barbie girl performance which was all sorts of adorable! She does get them often because of her cancer and Donghae just doesn't care about her. He's back to his normal self because it's too early for him to soften up, lol

supershineegirls03: Heh, he really does like uri and that ert does indeed deserve a punch but yeah.. thankfully he saved Jessica at least. It's the least he can do.

zeidyris: Heh, thanks for the trust then~ Well, here's some more insight on how their relationship really is.

reyn26: Heh, it's rare to see Haefany shippers or addicts but thank you very much! Hope you like this!

sicabias: Heh, here's another update which isn't that interesting to me. I just find it sad, rofl.

sneang17: Heh, well this one is even sadder I think.. but yeah, here's the update!