The 20th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Jaejoong!” I cried as I ran up to him. He got up from the seat beside a hospital bed and I looked up and down at him. “Where are you hurt?” I asked worriedly but he just smiled.

“I’m not hurt, I just took a stranger here since she fainted, and that’s all.” I let out a sigh of relief.

“Don’t scare me like that next time!” I yelled but he didn’t respond. I looked down at the bed and saw a familiar lady laying there.

“I called you here because I saw her in a picture with you on it before so I thought you might have a way to contact her family.” He said. I stared hard at her until I realised who it was.

“Yuri…” I then remembered how Donghae said Yuri was with Minho, which resulted in me asking Minho about it, and him wondering how I found out. I turned to face Jaejoong. “I’ll go call her boyfriend. You said you had something important to say, what is it?”

“Call him first; I’ll talk to you outside when you’re done.” He said as I smiled and nodded. I left the room and dialled Minho’s number.

After speaking with Minho on the phone, listen to him freak out then hang up on me after telling him the hospital I was at, I turned over to face Jaejoong.

“So what is it?” I asked.

“Let’s talk somewhere else.” He said as he held my hand.

/

Jaejoong walked over to a man with his back facing us. As Jaejoong tapped the stranger’s shoulders, he turned around. It was Donghae.

“What are you doing here?” I accidently asked while sounding rude and he just raised his eyebrows like we were strangers.

“Jess… Uh… I need to speak to the both of you.” Jaejoong said as his hands started shaking so I held onto them.

“Can you tell me who that guy is, that guy who you left here for.” He said as he looked at me but I didn’t answer. “Don’t lie, please.” I glanced over at Donghae who seemed confused.

“Sorry, why am I in this conversation exactly?” He asked and Jaejoong snapped right back at him. “Shut the hell up and listen.” I tensed up and gripped onto Jaejoong’s shaking hands.

“I…” I couldn’t speak.

“It’s him isn’t it? Donghae. Why didn’t you tell me it was him when I asked you if you were friends before? Eh?” He asked and I knew he was disappointed and upset over it. I put my head down. There was no use for lies.

“I’m sorry… I thought you freak out and the scenarios after you finding out that formed in my mind…” I said, barely audible. “I was afraid you would leave me when you found out I did end up forgiving him…” I looked at Donghae and back down again.

“You were selfish.” He stated and let go of my hands. “From way back, you was selfish. You didn’t tell him about your cancer so he didn’t care. You left him without even letting him knowing about Nicole.” I started shaking my head as tears were slowly strolling down my cheeks. “You want to let him sit innocently in prison and be called guilty forever. You are like two guys at once! Stop stringing me along!”

“Wait, what?” Donghae added. “Who is Nicole? I’m not interested in your lovers quarrel.” He began to walk backwards, away from the both of us.

“Nicole Jung is your daughter. The daughter created from when you her. The daughter who you don’t deserve to have.” Donghae stopped and furrowed his brows.

“That isn’t funny.” He glared at Jaejoong before looking at me and I was taken aback. “Tell me he’s lying.”

I shook my head. “He isn’t lying.” I faced Jaejoong and he wiped my tears for me.

“I saw you two earlier on, though I couldn’t hear you, I clearly saw the back hug, I clearly saw you initiating the hand holding, and I clearly saw the kiss.” He kept on wiping my tears.

“I’m so sorry…” Jaejoong finished off with a kiss on my forehead, nose bridge, and lips.

“You’re not forgiven, but I’ll definitely remember you, so don’t forget me.” He smiled bitterly before walking away.

Jaejoong once said, “If we ever break up, God forbid that happening! Then I’m not going to say it out because I’ll probably be heart broken, so I’m going to kiss you on your forehead, nose bridge, and lips so it is romantic at least. Don’t follow me after I walk away, I dare you! I’ll probably punch you! Just don’t assume a break up means we never see each other again, we still have to be friends!” He finished off that sentence with a laugh.

It was silent as I watched him leave, one man who I spent my happiest times with. He was broken to pieces once again and I was the reason.

“Care to explain where this Nicole Jung is?” Donghae said as he turned me to face him with hands on my shoulder.

I lifelessly looked at him. “She died two weeks after she was born.” I dryly explained. I wasn’t in the mood for Donghae, not when Jaejoong had just left me like that.

“Why didn’t you tell me anything about this?” He raised his voice, and I could tell he was losing his temper but I couldn’t care less.

“You me.” I stated. “Don’t forget what happened that night, you’re the one to blame. You didn’t deserve to know about Nicole, because she’s my daughter.”

“He was right, you are selfish.”

The tears I thought had dried up came back again and were rolling down my cheeks as his expression slowly changed. He was still angry, but his expression softened.

“Why are you crying?” He asked. I immediately wiped my tears away.

I didn’t answer his question, but asked him a question back. “Were you just going to walk away from me if I didn’t cry?”

He shook his head, “I wasn’t going to leave.” He softly said as he came closer and wrapped his arms around me. “One chance, just give me one chance.”

My phone started ringing and I broke out from Donghae’s arms to pick it up.

“Jessica! Have you read the articles online? If you haven’t, THEN DO IT NOW. LIKE NOW. NOW. NOW. NOW!” Minho shouted frantically through the phone. I pulled the phone away from my ears and turned it on speakerphone.

“Why? AND STOP BEING SO LOUD, CHOI MINHO!” I shouted back.

“JUST READ FOR HEAVENS SAKES, HEADLINES ARE DSFANGKL” He kept on speaking loudly until the end where it got all muffled.

He had hung up and I frowned. Maybe because he was in the hospital building with Yuri and he had no connection, or a nurse told him to shut up, or Yuri told him to shut up.

I looked up at Donghae who was just staring at me. “I’ll just check the headlines…” I said as I went to the browser on my phone

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22 is the ending to AHOL, so sad that it's already nearing the end... Well, the last chapter is quite short - so sorry about that, so Chapter 20 and 21 are longer in comparison to the rest of the updates lately (seeing as they've been quite short >.<).

I plan on writing another Haesica story after this ends, I'm in the midst of planning it...!

Thanks to axegirlyoona, neufneuf, and majo-chan for subscribing!

hsloovvverr: Haha, everyone might as well hug Jaejoong for being so brave~ lol.

naydsbeb: Haha, yeah - Sica is just meant to be with Donghae... and they should just get together already and stop being stubborn.

fayejoongie: Haha, well... it is wrong of Jess to cheat on Jaejoong like that, lol. However, Donghae isn't gonna go back to Yuri... lol, Yuri has Minho already.

supershineegirls03: It's Yuri! but no happy ending so far for Jaejoong, lol. 

peachmacaroon: Yeah, exactly what you said - but there's a tiny bit more to "murder killing Hyoyeon to protect Jessica", lol. They suspected Donghae because he was last to leave Hyoyeon's home, and there are fingerprints on Hyoyeon that belong to Donghae & Donghae couldn't say where he was at the time of the murder (because he was with Jess).

leeplay: Hehe, Jae really does love his Sica... but the murderer is in the next chapter!

JaesicaIsReal: Yuuuuuupeeers, it's Yuri! Haha, but he's not gonna get paired with her because she's with Minho already, lol.

lalagrl: Of course Jae would understand, lol.

choki2lovejessi: Yeah, Jae knows who the murder is... lol. Jaejoong helped Yul, and he doesn't hook up with her - she's taken by Minho, lol.

Kyuwonhae: Jaejoong is indeed lovely !

mar5122: It is Yuri, lol. What do you mean? I don't get what you want me to help you with, lol... you asking me who to suggest to be there bff of Kevin's from SNSD other than Jess, Sooyoung and Yoona?

ah_thien: Uh huh, can't replace the first love - but Sica's first love isn't Donghae... ahahaha, he was a ... strong love? I suppose, lol.

kyuhyunlover: Hehe, murderer is in the next chapter!