The 9th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked through the café door and ignored the waitress welcoming me. I made my way to where Donghae was sitting but turned back to see the waitress following me.

“I don’t want anything to drink. Please leave us alone.” I said as I took a seat opposite him. I turned to face Donghae and he stopped drinking whatever he was drinking.

“What did you want that we couldn’t talk about over the phone?” I said, trying to avoid looking him in the eye because I knew that would only weaken me in front of him.

“Why?”

I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean why? Why what?”

“Why did you move out? Where have you been for the past month? Nobody knew where you were and you weren’t picking up your phone until today.”

“Then can I ask why did you me?”

He didn’t respond.

“Think of it like this… we both don’t like each other, so let’s finally be happy… let’s separate... Can you just sign the dotted line?”

“Do you really want me to sign it?”

“Yes.”

“Look at me and say it, stop avoiding me like that.”

I looked up at him but the words just weren’t coming out. 

“Why does it matter if I want you to or not? If it matters that much to you, then forget about it.” I said before getting out my seat. I wasn’t as fed up as I sounded but I just didn’t want him to find out my true feelings. I’ve put on an act since the beginning, so I’ll end it with an act.

“I’ll do it if it’s what you really want.”

I froze in my steps. Turning around, he looked earnest. “Please… Just do it.” I began walking again and headed out the café. He followed after me so I started to speed up but he caught my wrist and turned me around.

“Right now, you’re confusing me. I don’t know whether you hate me or you like me. If you’re going to ask me what I said two years ago, well I apologise because I don’t remember so can we both just move on?”

“I wanted to apo-“

“I don’t want to hear what you want to say.” I got into the taxi which stopped beside me.

“Fine, be like that! I’ll sign it if you want it so badly! It’s better for me now that I never need to see you ever again and if I saw you on the streets with someone, I could turn the other way around instead of having to act and walk up to you happily.” He yelled and the taxi driver began driving off.

I held onto my stomach as I told the driver to turn left towards the hospital.

“I’m so sorry…” I whispered. “If only I could rewind… I would have chosen the path of never meeting you.”

/

I sat down beside Siwon and waited for the plane to take off. It had been a few days since I spoke to Donghae. Tiffany told me he signed the papers and we were now officially strangers. I looked out the window and stayed like that.

I’m going to live my life again to the fullest in California because I’m going to forget everything that happened in Seoul that made me unhappy. I’m going to return to the place that gave me nothing but happiness, the place where I was healthy.

I sighed thinking about four years ago when I returned to Seoul. I didn’t like it at all, so I became a rebel. As crazy as it sounds, I smoked around 50 cigarettes a day, I drank 6 pints of beer a day and I failed every subject for a whole year. Not just that, I slept around with strangers too but I was on the pill back then so nothing shameful came out of it, thankfully. It was only until Yoona brought me back to my senses that I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. The only good thing that came out of the whole process was that I attracted more boys than ever.

I had to wait one year for my surgery to take place because I didn’t want to get special treatment because I was rich when people have waited years for theirs to happen. I met Siwon too, and in my second year in Seoul I had the surgery. In the same year I enrolled into university and met up with Tiffany, there she introduced me and Yoona to Donghae. I guess it was love at first sight for me even though I was also introduced to Yuri, his girlfriend.

I was wrong when I thought I could change his mind by clinging to him day and night to the point that he got annoyed of me. I was stupid when I started to bully Yuri. I was reckless when I tried to break them apart by creating lies because their bond only became stronger.

I recalled that one day where the hospital called me saying that the surgery wasn’t successful after they looked at my x-ray scan and I didn’t have long left to live. That one day where I begged my parents to let me and Donghae be together, that day they agreed and that day when Donghae started to try and push me out of his life entirely. Yet the day after we got married, they told me they had got it all wrong… they had mixed my report with another Jung Soo Yeon. I thought it was strange when they used my Korean birth name when I put down my name as Jessica Jung at the hospital. I just never thought that would happen to me.

“I’ve learnt my mistake, I’m sorry for forcing it on you. Forgive me.” I whispered before turning to look at Siwon. “Do I deserve to be forgiven?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Yoona will not play the third wheel in this story, I've stated it before - so please clear thoughts on that if you have that, Yoona is Sica's best friend... really. Let's not forget Yuri's existence *hint hint*.

So for all those who have read It's You, Lee Donghae (click!) may or may not remember that we fast forward seven years to 2010 in Chapter 10 and I'm following the same route because I can't change my writing ways. Next chapter goes a few years forward.

There will also be a new poster, yay! However... it'll be similar, lol.

I read through who all you wanted for the male character and the most popular one was Jaejoong with 10 votes out of 29 in total. I also decided to add in another from the top three~ take a guess who it is?

Top 3...
- JaeJoong: 10
- Jay: 5
- Minho: 3

Oh, and I saw this today!



Posted Image

Made me so happy, teehee. (PS. I don't know if you're reading this since it's not on the same fic, but I'm also following you on tumblr. Need some haesica on my dash!)

 

Thank you to yan_onepiece for subscribing! Thank you all for the comments too!

choki2lovejessi: Aww, glad that you liked that update! Well, yeah Sica is pregnant but we don't get to see Donghae's reaction to that. In the end, Jaejoong won that mini vote thingy haha.

lalagrl: Haha, yes - it's quite OMG that she's pregnant with his baby but that wasn't surprising, I mean, no contraception, not surprising. Well, the child is likely to come out with brain damage due to all the radiation and medication, lol.

reyn26: Ohh, yeah - I sort of didn't add Jonghyun's votes to the "poll" thingy because he's taken by Sekyung, lol. However, yeah Jaejoong ended up winning that role and I used to like Jaesica too, rofl.

supershineegirls03: Aww, it wasn't intentionally... Yoona's actions. Why is no one blaming Donghae and instead blaming Yoona for the whole thing? LOL. Well yeah, it's not very yippee in the next chapter though. =X I want to tell you all too, but I'm gonna keep it as a secret between me and donghae for now, lol.

sweet_selina: Thanks for more love for this story, here's another update~!

mar5122: Haha, I thought that little relationship thing might help someone out in the end and I did! Well, Minho did end up in the top 3 and he might be that extra character, or it might be Jay lol.

sneang17: Hehe, well this is a breather chapter sort of... the next chapter marks the new turn in the story, hehe. No need to dwell on this past anymore.