The 21st Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I opened up a news site and my eyes widened. Donghae noticed the change in my expression and looked at the screen.

‘Lee Donghae had a divorce’
‘Lee Donghae is back with his ex-wife’
‘Ex-wife is the prosecuting lawyer’s girlfriend’
‘Murderer of Kim Hyoyeon turned herself in!’
‘Miss Im is the murderer! Not Donghae!’
‘She killed her because she wanted to protect her friend!’
‘Choi Minho’s previous scandal, it’s Lee Donghae’s ex-wife!’
‘Choi Minho’s long term girlfriend seen for the first time!’

I read through all the articles and was speechless. When my phone started ringing again, it had ‘Yoona’ written on there. I immediately picked up the phone and put it on speaker as I glanced at Donghae.

“Have you seen the news yet?” Yoona asked. “I’m so sorry…”

“Yoona, is everything true? Explain this to me!”

“It’s true. When Donghae was talking to Hyoyeon, he accidently called me, and because I have a GPS tracker when it comes to him – since it’s so hard to find him at times, I heard all the threats and he probably left his phone there or something because I ended up hearing her talk to herself about getting you hostage. I got scared, I went to the address… and we got into an argument… and I… accidently… grabbed the knife when she was strangling me.” I heard her muffled crying on the line.

“That’s enough; you’ve had your two minutes of time.” I heard a strict male voice on the line and some noise before Yoona hung up on me.

I knew her violence wouldn’t get her into trouble some day, just not this kind of trouble.

/

It had been two weeks since that day Yoona was arrested. Jaejoong went back to California after he had completed the final trial and I decided to stay. I didn’t contact Donghae after that day because I was too busy with Heechul.

He was still not over the fact he wouldn’t be able to physically be with Yoona for another 17 years. It would have been 27 years, but Jaejoong switched teams and joined with Eunhyuk and argued that she did it out of self defence with the evidence of parts of Yoona’s skin in Hyoyeon’s fingernails when she strangled her.

I was actually waiting for Donghae right now though. He managed to get my number and asked me to meet him where I asked to meet him before. He didn’t get my number back then because I used Eunhyuk’s phone to call him, he probably went through Eunhyuk’s contacts on his phone too.

I was ready to give him a chance, both of us a chance. I was going to tell him as soon as I saw him.

“Donghae!” I called when I saw him across the road. I got off the bench I was sitting on and walked up to him, not paying attention to the road until I saw a flash of light coming from my right and I saw a van coming straight in my direction. Before I could even understand what situation I was in, I was already flying in the air, metres away and I couldn’t see anything when I landed hard on grass.

I could hear Donghae shouting my name and felt someone crouch over me.

“You can…” I whispered with extreme difficulty, “have one… chance… I promise“

End of POV

/

Heechul kept pacing back and forth as his parents were weeping outside the operation room.

“When the heck is the light going to turn green?” He shouted angrily and punched the wall.

Donghae stared at the light above the door like he had done for the past three hours. Tiffany got out of her seat and walked over to Heechul who was still pacing back and forth.

“Stop walking around! You’re giving everyone a headache!” She yelled, frustrated that Heechul hadn’t stopped pacing since he got the news about Jessica’s crash. Heechul glared at Tiffany and then at Donghae.

Eunhyuk walked towards his wife and put his hands on her shoulders. “Calm down Tiffany.” He said, trying to calm her down as he lightly pushed her onto a seat. “Heechul, you too.” He said but Heechul gave a deadlier glare towards him.

“It’s not like your sister is in that room right now, is it?” He snapped and pushed Eunhyuk backwards.

“Hey! He was being nice!” Tiffany shot up from the seat and stood in between them. Heechul bit back his words and turned towards Donghae. He grabbed him by his collar and pulled him up.

“If anything happens to Jessica, you are to blame.” He threatened as Eunhyuk and Tiffany pulled Heechul off Donghae. Heechul then pointed towards the driver who drove into Jessica. “You are to blame too.”

Tiffany started to cry at the mention of Jessica and she crouched down. “She’ll be fine…” Eunhyuk gave her a reassuring smile and held her hand after wiping the tears away. He pushed up his shirt sleeve and checked the time. “I’ll go pick up Seohyun from school; I’ll be back after I leave her at my moms. Okay?” He quietly said and Tiffany nodded.

Eunhyuk got up and walked over towards Donghae who was looking at the lights again.

“She’ll be fine, have faith.” He said as he patted Donghae’s shoulder. Donghae simply looked down without responding. After Eunhyuk left, Donghae looked up and stared at the lights, hoping that the doctor would come out quickly to tell them all Jessica was fine, and that she was going to wake up soon.

But it wasn’t happening.

“You said I can have one chance, you promised.” Donghae said to himself quietly so no one could hear. He let a single tear fall from his left eye, quickly followed by a second from his right eye. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

One more chapter to go!

Thanks to smilingangel for subscribing!

smilingangel: Aww, thanks for reading! Haesica jjang!

gabie_16: Haha, I feel... I dunno.... flattered after reading that comment! Thank you <3

haestarr: I haven't see the lyrics to that song, might check it out when I find time, lol. Sica is selfish, but I suppose that's because Jaejoong is... I dunno... not selfish, haha. Well, Minho could have - but where was the fun in that? LOL.

supershineegirls03: Jaejoong really is romantic in a bubbly way, haha.

leeplay: Sica didn't exactly choose Hae in that chapter, but here she finally did choose Donghae... hehe.

sicabias: He really is romantic, haha~ well, headlines in the beginning!

Kyuwonhae: Hehe, we all love Haesica... or maybe not, lol.

hsloovverr: Yeah, it's ending with the next chapter! LOL~ Jaejoong does deserve better, but it's a shame he doesn't get "better" in the story, haha.

choki2lovejessi: It is sad that Jaejoong gave up his own happiness for Haesica, but yeah... MinYul never broke up, haha.

peachmacaroon: Well, if you wanted Haesica all along then it's YAY! If not, then BOO! lol~

sickal: It's sad it's gonna end with one more chapter...

yoona4ever: Is this update fast enough?

mar5122: Ohhh, well hopefully you read my comment on your profile or... whatever, I suggested Sunny... I think, lol. Sweet that you asked me though, haha. Murderer revealed herself, yuppers!

lala_love: Yeah, now it's down to 1 more chapter... and that chapter is short, sadly. I've begun my 3rd Haesica fanfic already, teehee~ Thank you <3

lalagrl: Yeah, so it makes that the next chapter is last... lol.

JaesicaIsReal: Yeah, I am going to write a new story but it's not Jaesica, sorry... It's mainly because I don't ship Jaesica or rather, can't imagine it, haha. =X

ah_thien: I never said it won't end as Haesica, lol... you'll see the ending tomorrow anyway, haha.