The 11th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

 


_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The 11th Handful of Love

“Okay, repeat that to me again!” Tiffany said while she disappeared from the webcam and came back a few seconds later with heat packs in her hand and a hat on her head. She was probably freezing in her room because this time in Seoul is ridiculously cold and Tiffany gets cold easily.

“I said that I’m coming back to Seoul with my boyfriend.”

“WHAT FREAKING BOYFRIEND? YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT ANY BOYFRIEND! WHAT BOYFRIEND?!” Tiffany started screaming and shouting, different to when I first said it – she stayed quiet and just stared at the screen.

I hear the door open from her end and I saw Eunhyuk and Seohyun come into the screen.

“What are you shouting about? I was watching Keroro until daddy dragged me here!” Seohyun whined as Eunhyuk picked her up, showing her the screen. She started smiling and waving at me and I did the same.

We said hi to each other and Eunhyuk grabbed a seat beside Tiffany with Seohyun on his lap.

“Well, Jessi has a boyfriend, and she’s coming back! She’s coming back to me! My Sica is coming back! Now JeTi can reunite!”

I silently laughed at the JeTi comment.

“Wait, oh my gosh, Sica has a boyfriend. Hyuk, get me the phone! I need to call Heechul! I’m shaking; I’m going to cry now!” Her hands were shaking while she clutched tightly onto the heat packs but suddenly let go. “Ouch! Hot! Hot!” She screamed as the water spilled out, she probably popped it. I laughed on my line and all three of them glared at me, Hyuk even flared his nostrils when they were cleaning up the mess Tiffany made together.

“Auntie Sica!” Seohyun called. “I have a boyfriend too! He’s called Yonghwa! He’s a meanie though; he ignored me for a whole month when we had a break!”

“Tsk! He doesn’t sound very nice!”

I could see Eunhyuk frowning while looking at Seohyun on his lap and Tiffany just laughing at him.

“Seohyun… does daddy approve of this?”

“NO! Look how old she is and she has a boyfriend already, Aigoo!” He shook his head and the two girls slapped his arm lightly.

“Anyway, the topic should be you… not this Yonghwa.” He said as he clutched his fist and my eyes widened. My door was opening and I turned to see who it was. I smiled, seeing that it was just Jaejoong.

“Oh, are you talking with people?” He asked and I nodded. “Do you need to use the computer?”

“Yeah, but it’s alright. I can just use the notebook.” He said and I turned to face the screen again. He left the room after he had picked up the notebook from the bed and Tiffany and Seohyun’s face was all up on my screen. They were way too close for my own liking.

“Oh. My. Goody. Gosh. Is that your boyfriend?”

I nodded, causing them to let out two dolphin screams that lead to a manly scream from Eunhyuk.

“Why are you all screaming?!” I cried.

“They scared me…” Eunhyuk said and I just laughed.

“That is one hell of a hottie, Sica. Where did you pick up someone like that?”

I gaped at Seohyun agreeing to her mum’s words.

“Oh Fany! Mind your language in front of Seohyun!” Eunhyuk said as he glared at her, but she just brushed it off.

“No, seriously. He’s so freaking beautiful, is he an angel?”

Eunhyuk was now fuming with jealousy as she kept on asking me more questions about him.

“Look, Tiffany… you’ll see him in a couple of days.”

“When exactly is a couple of days?”

“I’ll surprise you.” I smiled before turning off the video chat. Jaejoong stepped back in the room. “Who was that cutie on the webcam?”

I looked at him in disbelief.

“I’m talking about the kid!” He said as he put both arms in the air.

“Hmm… really?” I asked sarcastically.

“Yes really, but if you want me to ask about the older one… I’m fine with knowing that too since she’s pretty too.” He said, purposely trying to get me jealous but he failed. He came closer to me and sat down on my lap. I slapped his arm hard and he glared at me.

“You’re stopping the blood circulation in my legs!”

“Hmm… really?” He said as he gave me a kiss but we were interrupted when I got an alert for an email. I opened it up and it was from Tiffany.

{Dear my chilli hot Sica, 
I can’t exactly have a surprise welcoming party for you since you aren’t telling me when you’re coming back but I’m still going to host you a welcoming party for you and that smexy boyfriend of yours! Shh… don’t tell Hyukkie I said that! He might attack me in the middle of the night! My dear lords have mercy for that!

Anyway, I’ll tell you about the date for it when you actually knock on my door! Remember, you must come to me straight after the airport! Hyukkie told me to be quiet and to keep this a secret from everyone so we can all surprise them at your welcoming party so it’s like, you surprising them with your return and there you can introduce that smexy boyfriend! You must stay till Summer, I don’t care! I have to see you and that beastly boyfriend at the beach! Teehehe… now stay quiet about that, otherwise Hyukkie will get competitive and be at the gym every day and night and will neglect me… =(

From your gorgeous, sweet, amazing baby Fany!}

“Am I that hot?” Jaejoong asked when we finished reading the letter and I ignored him. “I take silence as a yes then, well – six months… we won’t be there until Summer, but I’m sure spring will be warm enough for the beach anyway!” He joyfully said. “But no worries, this body… everyone can look, but only you can touch.” I blushed so hard I didn’t want to imagine how dark the shade of red was on my cheek was.

“You liked that didn’t you, look at you blush.” He said and I slapped his arm again. Ugh, he’s so hateful at times. He knows how to pick on me yet I couldn’t make a comeback to anything of what he said.

“Get off now; I need to pack my bags.” I said, attempting to push him off my lap and I succeeded. I stood up too but he sat me back down.

“Thought you said you were getting there in a couple of days?”

I shrugged. “Well, I was only exaggerating and you, yourself know that we’ll be going tomorrow morning. So, let me pack my stuff, Jaejoong!”

“You don’t have anything to pack, I’ve packed it all for you... so you, my little princess, have a good nights sleep because we’re leaving early tomorrow and we’ve also promised to make a goodbye breakfast for Siwon tomorrow morning.”

“Ahh… about that… what am I going to cook? I can’t really cook… well, I can… it just takes a very long time.” I said, scratching the back of my neck, feeling embarrassed.

“You can make toast, it’s one of the two things you can make.” He said, once again making fun of me. I glared at him and he started laughing. “Well, I think you can only make that one thing, toast, but it comes out burnt anyway! So, you can just help me make it by doing some of the preparations.”

“Oh, the joy of having such a great cook as a boyfriend.” I said.

“Is that the only joy? I thought I was the joy of your life.”

“You are though…” I wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it at that moment. My honesty makes me feel so embarrassed. Once again, my calming cheeks heated up and Jaejoong pinched them.

/

As we took our seats on the plane, I frowned seeing our row had three seats. It meant I had the sit beside a stranger and also Jaejoong.

“I heard Choi Minho is catching this flight too!” Jaejoong said, becoming excited.

“Who?”

“Choi Minho!”

“Oh… him… that actor who can’t act?” I shrugged as Jaejoong sighed. “You’re so judgemental at times.”

I glared at him but stopped when a man was trying to get past our legs to get to the window seat beside me. When he sat down, he took off his sunglasses and smiled at us both.

I could imagine Jaejoong gaping at the sight, it was indeed Choi Minho.

“Jaejoong, you seem slightly gay right now…”

“Nice to meet you! I’m a huge fan!” Jaejoong said, ignoring me while putting out his hand for a handshake. Choi Minho took it and they shook hands. “Nice to meet you too, I’d think this beautiful lady would be a fan but it’s nice to have male fans.” He said, sounding arrogant.

I scoffed, “I have better taste than… you.”

“Should I be flattered?” Jaejoong said, as he let go of Minho’s hands finally.

“Oh, so… you don’t like me? That’s alright. I look forward to changing your mind… if I can ask, what are your names?”

“Kim Jaejoong and Jessica Jung. However, no matter how much of a fan I am of you – no hitting on my girl, thanks.” Jaejoong said as he protectively put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

I have to admit though, I never really cared about Minho’s dramas or anything related to him but I did know he was a pretty face that South Korea liked. I thought he was good looking on screen but heck, he looks better close up.

“Oh.. can I ask, since you aren’t a fan of me… do you perhaps like Lee Donghae then? I mean, for the female generation these days – its’ either me or him.” He said with a cocky smile.

Did I ever mention that I never told Jaejoong about whom it was exactly that I had a “history” with before I returned to California? So as far as Jaejoong knows, Donghae as a famous actor who has captured many hearts in South Korea, like Minho.

“How about I tell you if I like him or not, if you be quiet for the rest of the plane journey?” Annoyed at him for bringing him up, and here was me ready to think he’s quite a nice guy like everyone says he is but no, he’s in my bad books already.

“Go on then, but you need to give me your number in return too.”

“Fine.”

“Alright, tell me then.”

“No, I don’t like Lee Donghae.”

He shrugged and pulled out his phone. I took it off him and punched in my number, saving it with my name and passed it back to him. He pressed some buttons and I heard my phone ringing.

“Just checking if the number is authentic, now I’ll be quiet!”

I looked at him in disbelief.

So, the information I gathered from Jaejoong previously in California was that in South Korea, there were two 26 year old actors who are extremely popular but seem to be two different kinds.

All this information is all what the public see them as with all the news reports and promotions they do on tv and magazines since that is the only way Jaejoong will know anyway. I don’t really know much about them other than what Jaejoong had said because I couldn’t care less about them since I’m not a fan of Korean dramas or music. 

Choi Minho is known as an actor is “just good enough”. He has a good looking face and his personality comes across as likable or just hateful. He’s covered with scandals with all sorts of women but no one knows if they’re true because his company always denies it. He’s an ideal man of many Korean women. There’s been a long rumour about him having a girlfriend of a few years but no one knows if she’s real or fake.

On the other hand, Donghae – who had a whole year of convincing acting with me is generally regarded as the better actor when company to Choi Minho. His personality is generally cold and awkward but apparently very warm on the inside. He’s also a pretty face but he doesn’t talk a lot in contract to Minho, and comes across as someone who doesn’t care about people if he doesn’t know them. Also similar to Minho because he has scandals all over the place but his company obviously denies them all too.

I came to California to become the happy person I was and I succeeded in that with the help of Jaejoong and Siwon. Jaejoong, the drama fanatic, who doesn’t know anything about me and Donghae just liked to talk about him in front of me but he stopped after he saw me get uncomfortable and annoyed at his name being mentioned. He stopped because he thought I didn’t like him but it didn’t stop him being a fan anyway.

This sort of makes me thankful that Jaejoong doesn’t know about Donghae and me because I have no idea how he would react to it, especially knowing how Nicole came along… he wouldn’t be able to handle it calmly. Well, who can blame him – who can react normal to that situation? 

I glanced over at Jaejoong who looked completely star struck. I giggled and he looked at me confused.

“You’d think that you’d be used to seeing famous people… You’ll be seeing plenty of Korean ones in Korea, get used to it.” I scoffed.

“Whatever.” He said before dozing off on my shoulder. I thought about one of the cases that Jaejoong was here to handle, he was on the prosecution team this time. It was for Min Sunye’s murder, a B list actress. However, none of the suspects had been revealed it – the most I know is she was involved in many scandals before, both Minho and Donghae and many other famous actors and occasionally, the actresses too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
supershineegirls03: Heh, some more Jaesica love but don't forget about Haesica! Glad you liked the new poster, and there might be MinYul! It's only the beginning of returning to Seoul with Jaejoong, lol.
 
choki2lovejessi: Heh, more Jaesica love but don't forget about Haesica! Remember that! Well, Yuri has a pair but I wont revela it yet, lol. It might be JAESICA vs DONGHAE only though, lol.
 
lalagrl: She is afraid of it indeed because that mean Donghae left such a horrible memory of that on her, gahh.
 
reyn26: Here's the update, and woo~~~~~~ to Jaesica love!
 
sweet_selina & mar5122: Glad that you two liked the poster!
 
Superfishy: Of course it's still going to be Haesica, haha.