FIVE

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung woke up to the doorbell. Looking at the clock on her nightstand, it was only 7.30am and she wondered who it might be at this hour. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up groggily, pulled back her blankets and slipped her feet into the flip flops beside her bed.

            Pulling back the curtains, she peeked through the window and saw the man who called himself Luhan standing in her doorway. His hands were behind his back as if he was hiding something. Miyoung felt her heart skipped a beat as her mind raced. She closed the curtains in a hurry and rushed off to get changed. Pulling on a simple T-shirt, she pulled back her hair in a neat bun and went to answer the door.

            “Hi,” she managed a natural smile, “What brings you here at this hour?”

            “Hi,” his eyes beamed, “I just thought I haven’t seen enough of you yesterday.” He was dressed not in sports attire as the day before but instead, he wore a simple shirt with suspenders strapped over it. Strangely, it made him even more charming. He wore a simple pair of shorts that reached to his knees. He removed his hand from his back and surprised Miyoung by giving her a bunch of roses. Miyoung gasped. His sweet words and gesture made Miyoung blushed.

            “Oh…I,” Miyoung didn’t know what to say.

            “Just take it,” he said softly, smiling.

            “So…mind joining me today?” he asked, extending his hand.

            “How about you come in and have a seat first?” Miyoung offered, “I have to get ready.”

            “Sure,” Luhan nodded and followed Miyoung into the house.

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter