EIGHTEEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a wrinkled and trembling hand, Chanyeol held Miyoung’s hand in his and led her to the seats. Chanyeol’s greyish white hair was combed neatly although there wasn’t much hair left. Miyoung’s pale hair was decorated with a beautiful flower pin and she let her hair flow down comfortably to her shoulders. Chanyeol wore a simple tuxedo and Miyoung wore a beautiful dark purple night gown. They sat down on the bench and smiled broadly as the others greeted them warmly.

“It’s been a while,” Chanyeol said as he smiled at his friends. They were seated at the same row with Junmyeon, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Baekhyun along with their wives. Their children sat in the rows behind them. Jongin, Sehun and Minseok were seated at the row just beside theirs.  All of them were in their best suits and ties. The wives were dressed in all kinds of gowns of a variety of colors. Seoyoung wore a dark blue dress which matched well with Junmyeon’s dark blue tuxedo. Chloe wore a pale yellow with flower patterns all over the dress. She rested her head on Jongdae’s head and Sooyeon adjusted Kyungsoo’s bow tie and tidied her blue gown. Taeyeon was talking excitedly about something with Baekhyun.

On the contrary, their children’s outfit were of a more bright and colorful one. Emma Yooeun, Jongdae’s daughter, stood out the most with her blonde hair and blue eyes. She wore an orange dress with a flower on her shoulder. She was sitting with Oh Sooyoon, who is Sehun’s only daughter. Sooyoon was locking her arms around Junghoon’s, who is Jongin’s elder son. Yeol In, dressed in a smart dark grey tuxedo was seated beside his best friend, Byun Seungyeon who wore a matching grey tuxedo too. Yeol In was helding hands with his newly wedded wife, Do Yoonra. While Seungyeon’s girlfriend, Kim Heeyeon sat beside Yoonra. They were all busy talking to each other. It was a rare moment for them to be reunited. And that day was indeed a special day.

            Seungyeon, having inherited Baekhyun’s talent in piano, seated himself at the piano and started playing the wedding song as the bride walked into the room. Baekhyun and Taeyeon couldn’t help but looked proud as they watched their son performing on the piano. Heeyeon was clapping alongside with Yoonra and Yeol In. Chanyeol stood proudly as he held his daughter’s hand and walked down the isle. Joonseung was waiting at the other side of the room, his face shone as if it was glowing. He nervously glanced at his parents and Junmyeon gave him a curt nod. Jisoo blushed under her wedding veil and squeezed her father’s arm. Chanyeol patted her hand to comfort her and returned her nervous eyes with a reassuring smile.

            Upon reaching the platform, Joonseung extended his hand and took Jisoo’s in his. Chanyeol nodded at his soon to be son-in-law and went to sit with Miyoung. Miyoung wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter