TEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up with a massive headache. Groaning in pain, he massaged his temple with his left hand while propping himself up into a sitting position with the help of his right hand which is still wrapped in a cast. The injury on his right hand still hurt and he winced slightly. The pain was nothing compared to his heart which is breaking pieces by pieces each day.

            “Feeling better?” A voice asked. Chanyeol turned and saw Kyungsoo - who used to be his college coursemate – sitting on a stool beside his bed, looking at him in concern. Chanyeol nodded slightly. To his left, he noticed Junmyeon still asleep on the bed beside his. He frowned as he tried to recall what happened before he ended up in this room. Noticing his puzzled look, Kyungsoo offered him an explanation.

            “He was blue and cold as ice when he brought you here,’ he said and Chanyeol’s eyes went wide. “He’s smaller and weaker than you so he’s going to need some time but he’ll be fine, don’t worry.” Kyungsoo ended with a smile but that didn’t bring much comfort to Chanyeol. The least Chanyeol wanted was end up hurting someone else because of his stupidity. He worried for Junmyeon. He was the best senior he had ever met during his college years. He was kind and took care of Chanyeol most of the time when he faced difficulties in life.

           “Here, have some warm soup,” Kyungsoo came forward with a bowl in his hand and started to feed it to Chanyeol, “It’ll help.” Chanyeol obediently opened his mouth and gulped down the soup, warming his body. He sighed deeply as he began to feel better. Suddenly, he felt something missing from him as he searched his jacket and pockets frantically. His eyes went wide in panic when he couldn’t find it.

            “Relax, Baekhyun took it for safe keeping,” Kyungsoo knew what he wanted to find, “He’s not going to burn it…I hope.” Chanyeol smiled a little. He was always grateful when his friend tried to tell a joke to make him feel better. Junmyeon suddenly coughed beside him and his eyelids fluttered open.

            “Chan…Chanyeol?”

            Chanyeol smiled reassuringly at him and nodded as he helped him to sit up in his bed.

            “Are you alright now?”

            “Yes,” Chanyeol replied as he took the bowl of soup from Kyungsoo’s hands. “Here, have some. It’ll make you feel better.” He took t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter