TWELVE

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She opened her eyes, expecting to see the doctor’s face, or a white light, or just an empty room with white painted walls. But what she saw was what she had not expected at all.

            “Hey,” his voice was soft, “You’re awake…” He smiled weakly.

            Miyoung could feel his fingers in her hair, it gently, a gesture he loves to do whenever he sees her waking up. She felt warm tears in her eyes. Swallowing her tears, she managed to croak a word through the lump in .

            “Hi…” was all she could manage.

            “Shh…don’t cry,” he comforted her gently, “I’m here now.”

            Without her knowing, her tears had flowed like rivers down her cheeks. Looking at his smile was what broke her heart into a million pieces. Despite what she had done to him, he could still put on a smile for her, for the one who hurt him the most. If she had the strength, she would have hit him in the chest repeatedly and yelling how stupid he was. But at the moment, Miyoung could only feel the love that she didn’t deserved at all.

            “I came here as fast as possible when I heard about…this,” Chanyeol said, wiping the tears away from her face with his right hand. He took her hand in his with the other. His smile was as warm as the morning sun.

            “What about…” Miyoung began.

            “It’s taken care of, they agreed to let me out early,” he reassured her, “Trust me.”

            Trust me, Miyoung tried hard to suppress her tears when she heard those words. She knew she should have trusted him way before all this had happened. They promised to trust each other and wait for each other. Miyoung looked away in shame. She tried her best to find her strength. She had so much to say, so much to ask, so much to apologize for. She started to sit up but Chanyeol hold her down.

            “No, you need rest,” he said firmly, pressing her down by the shoulders.

            “But…”

            “Words can wait,” he replied. Miyoung thought she had been imagining things when she saw tears in his eyes. He tried his best to hold them in. But Miyoung knew he must feel like breaking down, but there was nothing she could do. She smiled apologetically at him as she found drowsiness coming back to her and she closed her eyes. Soon, she drifted off to a deep slumber once again.

 

~   ~   ~

 

            Morning came and Miyoung opened her eyes and found out that she was the only one awake in the room. The sun rays didn’t peek into the room like it alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter