SIXTEEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung couldn’t quite breathe normally. She wondered if it was the tight wedding gown or her fast beating heart. She inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. The stylists were busy fitting her dress while the make-up artist dabbed cosmetics onto her face, filling her eye shadow and lipstick. When at last they had finished preparing, Miyoung stared at herself at the mirror, admiring the beautiful gown as she turned in every angle to have a look. Never had she dreamed that this day would come.

            The gown was her favourite. The silky white fit her perfectly with laces near to the edges. The long sleeves were made of laces as they ran down her arm, passed her elbow and stopped at just above her wrists. Her was covered by the laces with pretty flower patterns. The bridesmaids had put part of her hair up in a neat bun with a beautiful hairpin which is the shape of a water lily. The rest of her hair was left flowing down her shoulders with the natural dark brown curls. The bridesmaids couldn’t help but gasped at the beauty. One of them brought out a pair of beautiful white colored heels out from the closet. Miyoung gaped at them and her eyes turned shiny.

            “Pfft, brides would always cry on their big day,” the stylist scoffed jokingly as she waved her hands dramatically. She warned her not to cry as to not ruin the make-up. Miyoung tried her best to hold it in. The bridesmaids were busy complimenting her but her mind had gone off somewhere far far away. She faintly heard them talking about the flower bunch that she’s going to throw later. She pursed her lips and fumbled on her dress, a habit she unintentionally learnt from Chanyeol after being with him all this time. Finally, the bridesmaids helped pull the veil over Miyoung’s face.

            “It’s time,” one of them whispered in her ear. Miyoung exhaled deeply and steadied herself. Holding the small bouquet of flowers in her hand, she slipped into a pair of white shiny heels and went out the door. A face full of wrinkles and wearing a warm smile greeted her at the other side of door.

            “Dad,” Miyoung smiled and went to hug him. Her father’s eyes were watery when she looked at him. He caressed her face and she kissed him on the cheek. He mouthed, I love you and Miyoung mouthed back, I love you too. Her father extended his hand and Miyoung held it. Together, they walked towards the isle.

 

      ~   ~   ~

 

Chanyeol fumbled at his bow tie and collar, it was tidy at first but he ruined it.

            “Stop fumbling with it!” scolded Kyungsoo who spent the whole afternoon trying to get it nice and right.

            Red in embarrassment, Chanyeol apologized, “Sorry, I’m super nervous right now. This is scarier than the proposal.”

            “Come on,” Baekhyun slapped him on the back, “What’s there to be scared? You’ve got your girl in your arms already.” Chanyeol smiled gratefully and blush a little.

            “OH MY GOD! Did you just blush?” Jongdae teased, “I didn’t know you were capable of doing that!” The other boys roared in laughter. They spent the whole afternoon making jokes, teasing each other and getting Chanyeol ready. Chanyeol stared at the wedding ring and find it hard to believe that after going through so much, they have ended up with each other after all. He held it close to his heart, closed his eyes and silently thanked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter