THREE

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol waited for the beeping to stop as he held the phone receiver over his ear. His fingers drummed rhythmically as he looked at his watch from time to time. This is strange, he thought, Miyoung had never left his phone calls unanswered.

Then, he thought to himself that it must have been too early to make a call back home. Miyoung might still be asleep and he shouldn’t worry himself without any reasons. But then he didn’t want to give up so easily after he tried so hard to get his hand on a phone. It was the only phone booth around the area and already, there was a long queue right outside of the booth. He made five calls, but they all beeped endlessly. This was the first time that Miyoung hadn’t answered his calls.

In the end, Chanyeol gave up and decided that it was nothing to worry about. He put down the phone and went back to his camp. He pulled his backpack close to his chest and hugged it tightly. He had never felt so lonely. Every time after a phone call with Miyoung, he would feel the warmth and happiness from the memories he’d spent with her. Her voice would always make him feel energized and gave him hope, the hope to finish all this and go back to be by her side. But now, after empty calls, his heart felt like it had been frozen, he felt cold and blue.

He fished out a photo from his bag. It was a photo of Miyoung and him. Some words were written behind the polaroid, ‘Always together, until the end’. He brushed his thumb over the photo. Out of a sudden, the photo was gone from his grasp. He only had a moment to realize someone had snatched it away. He ly to find the bully gang of the campsite.

“Please…” he tried not to sound too pleadingly, “Give it back.”

“Aww, who’s this?” the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter