EIGHT

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung wondered why Chanyeol had called on her cellphone. Two missed calls. She sat at the edge of her bed and stared at his contact photo for a while before she punched in his number. She reached for the call button. The phone beeped endlessly. Strange, he just called and now he isn’t picking up his phone, Miyoung thought. She held onto her phone as she hesitated to press the call button again. But Luhan grabbed her phone and put it away, out of her reach. Miyoung stared at him, wide-eyed.

           “I…I need to call someone,” she said uneasily. Luhan just smiled mysteriously as he put her cellphone at the table, far from the bed. Miyoung didn’t know how else to get back her phone so she awkwardly faked a smile at him. She bit her lower lip. She was worried about Chanyeol and was desperate to even listen to his voice since he hadn’t called that often because he was busy. Plus, she had been avoiding his calls as much as possible ever since Luhan walked into her life. But she could not show her emotions in front of Luhan. She swallowed them all down and kept them hidden.

No farewells were said that night as Luhan crept under the covers with Miyoung. They shared their last kiss before drifting off to sleep. Miyoung dreamed about how perfect their future would be with a perfect man like him. There was no guilt, no regrets visiting her that night. No memories of Chanyeol appeared before her eyes, just Luhan. Her one and only true love, with that perfect eyes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter