EPILOGUE

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol lay on his back as he talked about their past with Miyoung. Their children and grandchildren came to visit them because the doctor had told them the time was near. Their children and grandchildren had cried but for Chanyeol, only happiness remained in his heart. He had lived without regretting any decisions he’d made in his life. He had let go of everything else except for the happy memories he’d spent with his dear wife, his son, his daughter and his lovely grandchildren.

They talked about how they had sat on the rocky chairs on the porch at sunsets when their children were still little and were playing in the lawn. They talked about their wedding day, about their children’s funny episodes. Then, they reminisced about when they were young at the beach, then about the proposal. Just like that, they had travelled back and forth in time together.

“We’re nearly at the end isn’t it?” Miyoung suddenly asked, “Because we started to think about our past… and all the good things.”

Chanyeol looked at her silently as he reached out his hand and took her hand in his. He agreed, “They were some good memories.”

“We’re together, that’s all that matters,” he said, “No more goodbyes.” Miyoung’s squeezed Chanyeol’s hand tight.

“I’m never letting go again,” she breathed, “I made a mistake of letting you go before. I’m not doing it again.”

Chanyeol watched as Miyoung smiled satisfyingly before she closed her eyes to sleep. He held on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter