NINE

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was way past 7pm and Jongdae and Junmyeon got worried. They set out in search of their tall friend. They went through every street and shop in town as they asked the people around if they had seen him. Relying on their instincts, they eventually found him on the beach. By the time they found him, he was just a lump of jacket lying on the sandy beach. The beach was deserted because of the cold weather and nobody was around to notice. Jongdae picked up Chanyeol’s cellphone before the waves can engulf it and pull it into the sea. He bent over and touched Chanyeol’s head.

“He’s trembling really bad.”

Junmyeon took off his jacket without hesitation.

“Are you crazy? It’s -2 degrees out here!”

“I’m alright,” Junmyeon said, shivering from the cold as he wrapped his own jacket around the unconscious Chanyeol. His lips were blue and he felt solid as ice. “He must have been out here for a long time.”

Together, Junmyeon and Jongdae helped carried Chanyeol back to Minseok’s house, where they’re supposed to hold the gathering party. Junmyeon’s lips were already blue by the time they reached Minseok’s house. Jongdae struggled to carry Chanyeol through the front door.

            “Guys, we need help here!” he yelled, “Quick!”

            Dropping his Gameboy, Sehun rushed to the door and helped Jongdae. Jongin rushed towards Junmyeon, holding him before he falls.

            “No.” His voice was barely a whisper. “Help…Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter