ELEVEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another autumn had come. Miyoung sat at the bench enjoying the breeze as she watched the leaves fall one by one. She breathed in the afternoon air and let it clear her mind. The wind blew at her and her hair flew freely in the air before settling down on her arm. Her hair was more than shoulder length now. She was watching the birds flying in the vast blue sky before her attention averted when she saw a familiar silhouette passed by not too far away from her. That black shiny hair, shiny shoes and those unmistakable bright eyes that she will never ever forget in her whole life.

            Luhan.

            Her mind raced as her heart told her to do one thing but her brain told her to do the other. His arms were around another girl. She had large beautiful eyes and long beautiful curls. She wore high heels and expensive accessories which were obviously bought by Luhan. Miyoung spotted a ring on her finger and another one on Luhan’s. She just couldn’t believe she had made such an unforgivable mistake. She walked towards their direction.

            “Luhan,” she called out.

            They stopped and looked back. Luhan looked at her, rather shocked. He pulled the girl behind him as if protecting her from Miyoung. The girl was looked at him with her arms crossed, as if waiting for an explanation. When she was mad she didn’t look so pretty after all. Luhan wouldn’t meet her eyes as he shifted his legs uneasily.

            “Luhan,” the girl beside him asked, “Who is she?”

            “She’s…”

            “Yeah, Luhan,” Miyoung stared at him hard, “Tell her who I am.”

            “Victoria, don’t listen to her, okay?” Luhan told the girl, “I’ll tell you later, you go on first, I’ll catch up, I promise.” He kissed her cheeks as he sent her off. The girl who named Victoria shot Miyoung a disgusted look before leaving the both of them alone.

            Miyoung scoffed, “A typical move for a player like you.”

            “Took you long enough to realize that,” his tone was without humour.

            “Why me?”

            “I gotta admit this, because you’re pretty,” he smiled, but not the warm smile that Miyoung remembered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter