FOUR

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The melody produced by a well-played guitar made its way into her window, filling her room with harmony. She closed her eyes as she let herself drown in the music. A deep, soft voice soon accompanied the perfect melody of the guitar. The rhythm made her heart danced and his voice, that soft mesmerizing voice was what made her fell head over heels in love with him. It was her favourite song. As to how he knew it was her favourite, she thought she would never know.

            “Take this sinking boat, and point it home, we’ve still got time…”

            Miyoung leaned against the window pane, mesmerized by his soulful voice. She tried picturing what kind of person could have possessed such a beautiful voice and played such beautiful music. Without her knowing it, she had peeked through the curtains.

            Standing a few feet below her window was a young man, the guitar strapped to his shoulder as he slightly sway along with the music. His fingers strummed skillfully over the strings. He was dressed in a simple T-shirt and a pair of jeans. He’s tall, his hair pulled back with a cap, he’s not someone everyone would consider handsome with those huge eyes and large ears that stick out of his head. But in that instant, Miyoung felt like he was meant for her.

            He met her eyes and smile. His smile was the most beautiful thing Miyoung had ever seen in her whole life. She felt her heart melted. Instinctively, she smiled back. Fingers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter