Chapter 2

Angels or Demons?

"Baekhyun"

The phone continued to display his name.

You can't have better timing! you thought.

"Hi! Tell me you got the memo! I got mine just now and I cannot even breathe right now!" Baekhyun said on the other side, all in one breath.

You just chuckled. Your best friend could be really cute sometimes, despite the fact that he was a boy. 

"Yeah, but I am not in the most super-elated mood right now..." you said, a bit depressed.

"Why not? It's been our dream since like...forever!"

"But, you know how far I live from Arts University and my mom - "

Your lips quivered but you firmly swallowed the lump in your throat.

You weren't a weakling who cried for the simple situtation of leaving home to go to college. You had a painful past. But you resolved not to dwell on it.

Yet...

Those memories kept swimming in your head when things got hard.

"___! You still there?!" Baekhyun called. Worry was evident in his voice.

"Y-Yeah."

"Are you OK?"

"Yup. I just don't know what to do! I've wanted this my entire life but...'my situation' is holding me back. What if my mom can't handle being alone? What if something happens to her? What if-"

"Hey! Look. Nothing will happen to your mom. She's been through worse and its not like you're going to completely cut her off. You can Facetime her or give her a Skype call anytime you want. Don't overthink it. You will regret it later if you leave this opportunity. Come on!"

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks Baek! You're a really good friend!"

"What am I going to get in return?" Baekhyun teased.

Chuckling, you said " I'll buy you ice-cream for a week!"

"Aniya! You're so gullible sometimes. You can't even see a joke coming at you even if it waves a red flag in front of your face!"

This made you laugh outright. Yep. Idiot Baekhyun had the right timing alright!

"That's better! Okay, I'm hanging up. Bye!"

"Bye Baek!"

Little did you know that your mom was there the whole time listening to everything that just commenced. She smiled to herself when the conversation was over. 

Well there's someone who'll take care of my daughter at college. She thought.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 days later...

"Hop on!" Baekhyun said.

You're mom and you just stared at each other. 

"Good-bye mom." you said, giving her the tightest hug you could muster.

"Good-bye ___-ah. Remember to enjoy your course. I'll be fine. I'll call you if need be. Okay?" She said all this giving your back soft pats.

You didn't want to break the hug...but you knew you had to.

"Okay, mom. Saranghae!"

"Saranghae, ___-ah"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Half an hour later... 

Baekhyun didn't talk all this time. He knew you needed some time to yourself to get over the fact that your mom was living alone. Without anyone to take care of her.

*sigh*

"Baek?" you said.

"Yeah?"

"I'm just going to sleep for a while..."

"It's okay, I won't call you till you wake up. Point noted!"

You let your drooping eyelids fall. You thought sleeping would help, but who were you kidding?

You saw it all over again.

Your father in a room...hanging. Your grandma abusing your mom and yourself. Your grandfather weak in bed. Your father's funeral. Your grandmother's funeral. Your grandfather's funeral. Your mom crying... 

You woke up breathing heavy breaths and having cold sweat trickle down your face.

Baekhyun stopped the car and gave you some water. He had seen you in this state before. As far as you were concerned you only had an empty feeling yet you felt nauseous.

"____-ah... I can never understand your feeling, but just know that I am here for you...Okay?"

You could only nod. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello again! :-)

Did I kill you guys in this chapter? I'm sorry...:'-( Wanna have ice-cream together to make up for this?

The real adventure starts next chapter...PROMISE! 

Thanks for reading! :-) Leave your comments and tell me what you think...

Love you! :-)