Place Your Best Smile, And Feelings Forward- D.O

XOXO EXO Love Stories

I'm the type of person that doesn't get sad or angry easily, I always smile even in the toughest times. Because, to me, being happy is the most important. One day, I was out walking, since I do that everyday. As I was walking downtown, I noticed a big group of people crowding around a smaller group of people. I didn't have the interest to go and take a look, so I walked along. As I walked by, I heard someone shout

"D.O! OMG! It's EXO!"

I was surprised that someone has a such a unique name, I turned to look at the crowd. Luckily I walked by and looked at the right time, there was a gap between the crowded girls. I stopped walking, I looked at one person that was being surrounded in the crowd out of 12 handsome boys. He was about average height, dark short styled brown hair with a little shade of red. And he had a flawless smile, showing that he was happy. He was busy signing autographs and such, I knew that he was a celebrity or some sort.

"Wow, he looks really happy doesn't he." I smiled.

Suddenly, he looked at someone at my direction, but then saw me through the gap. Our eyes met, it was just like that, our eyes were glued onto each other. He then smiled, and I smiled, breaking free from each other's stare. He then went back to what he was doing, I closed my eyes and walked away. He looked up and watched me walk away, with a sort of sad expression, like seeing someone important leaving. After 15 minutes of walking, I sat down on a bench under a shady tree in a big park. I decided go take a short nap, and enjoy the quietness. A few minutes later, a group of people walked by. It was quite loud, I slightly opened my eyes to see what was going on. It was the same group of people that I saw, I closes my eyes again. About 5 minutes later, it quieted down. I smiled, but I felt something was weird. I listened carefully, it felt like someone was either standing in front of me, or sitting beside me.

"Enjoying the quietness?" A sudden, but beautiful voice asked."

I opened my eyes in shock, and standing in front of me was a young man in his early 20's. I got so shocked that I fell of the edge of the bench, the person grabbed onto my wrist and wrapped his other arm around my back, preventing me from falling onto the cement. I turned my head to look at the person, my eyes and his met. Immediately I knew who he was, it was the same person that I saw within the big crowd. He smiled and helped me stand up, we kept on looking at each other. Suddenly I realize what I was doing and blinked, and smiled shyly.

"Sorry about the rude staring.." I apologized.
"Haha, it's fine, sorry for startling you." He replied.
"Oh no, it's fine, it was a little quiet, wish that someone was here so I can talk to." I laughed.
"Oh, I happened to walk by with a group of my friends, and I thought I saw you somewhere before, so I thought to come over and say hi." He replied.
"Oh really? That's really kind of you, by the way, I'm _____." I said introducing myself with a smile.
"Call me D.O." He said with a beautiful smile.

My eyes went wide, my heart started beating faster.

"So..this is D.O that alot of people were shouting." I thought to myself.
"D.O.. That's a really interesting name." I said.
"Thanks, my real name is Kyung Soo, but I prefer using the name D.O since it's a name that alot if people call me." D.O laughed.
"You really like that name?" I asked.
"Yes I do." D.O replied.

I smiled.
"You have a really beautiful smile, has anyone told you that?" I asked.
"Yea, but not that sincere I suppose." D.O said.

We both laughed. D.O and I became close friends, always happy and smiling. Making each other laugh and so on. As the days went by, D.O and I both start to realize that we both like each other. But like every couple that likes each other, we didn't tell each other at first. Sometimes, we'll fool around and while hanging our feeling slightly slips. We would stare at each other with deep feelings, and we wouldn't even notice. Happens quite often, but soon we noticed that it becomes more visible. So finally, we told ourselves that we will tell each other the next we time hang out. So that's what we did. One day the two of us were at a park, and we were sitting on a pair of swings. The wind was blowing gently, it was very relaxing. D.O and I were resting, after we came back from an amusement park. We were just talking about random things to kill time I guess.

"Are you always this happy?" D.O asked.
"You can say so, I rarely get angry or sad, guess it doesn't fit my personality." I replied with a smile.
"Oh, wow you're really unique." D.O complimented.
"Thank You." I said.

D.O then got off the swing, and stood in front of me. I was wondering what he was doing.

"D.O, what are you doing?" I asked still swinging.

D.O turned around so his back faced me.
"Can I tell you something ______?" D.O asked.
"Yea, of course." I responded.
"I... Well... I know we're close friends, but I just want to say, that my feeling for you kind of grew alot." D.O said.

I loosened my grip on the chains on the swing, but it didn't stop.

"So you..." I slowly said.
"I like you, but the question is, do you like me?" D.O said.

D.O then turned around, my hand suddenly lost the grip, and I fell forward. I fell onto D.O, the two of us fell onto the ground. I was laying on top of D.O, D.O's hand was holding me. We slowly looked at each other, for how long, we don't even know. The wind was blowing a little stronger, my hair was covering my face. D.O gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, and asked me.

"Do you like me?" D.O asked me.

I looked at him, then slowly smiled. I slowly leaned in and kissed D.O on the lips, and hugged him.

"Yes I do." I replied.

D.O smiled and hugged me back. Even thought I couldn't see him, but I can tell that he had the biggest smile on his face. D.O and I always stayed happy, rarely frowning when we were together. But, when one of does frown, the other person can always make them smile again, usually D.O. One day, D.O and I were going to meet at a big water fountain in a nearby park that we usually go to, but D.O was running a little late.

"Hope D.O's ok." I thought to myself.

I waited for D.O, my smile was slowly turning into a frown. I then looked at myself in the water fountain, and saw my reflection.

"Why am I frowning? I should be smiling, and be happy." I said.

I then smiled again, I looked up. D.O was walking my way, he wasn't smiling. He sat down beside me, and looked at the ground.

"Is everything alright?" I asked D.O.
"Yea, I'm just a bit tired from alot of stuff that I'm doing." D.O replied.
"Like what?" I asksd.
"Going to places everyday, and being in the center of a big group." D.O said.
I took his hand gently and held it, and looked at him.
"I know you have alot of things to do, because you're a part of EXO, but you like being a part of EXO right?" I asked.
"Of course." D.O said looking at me.
"Then you should always enjoy doing everything with a big smile on your face, and always stay happy." I smiled.

D.O kept on looking at me, I then gently patted his hand.

"Look into the water, D.O." I said.

D.O and I both looked into the water, and saw our reflections.

"Our faces with a frown doesn't look pretty does it?" I said.
"Indeed." D.O replied.

I laughed, I placed my pointer fingers on each side of D.O's mouth, and pushed upward.

"There, now you look much better." I laughed.

D.O smiled and pinched my cheeks, we both laughed.

"Thanks for cheering me up _____." D.O thanked me.
"That's what I do, you have a really beautiful and handsome smile, and you should always show it as much as you can." I reminded him.
"Thanks." D.O smiled.
"Promise?" I held out my pinky finger.

D.O looked at it, and hooked it with his pinky finger.
"Promise, and you'll smile too ok?" D.O said.

I nodded. But, I didn't tell him that I frowned before he came to the fountain. D.O and I were really happy, I could barely remember a time that we didn't smile. The promise lasted for a very long time, in the toughest time, the two of us make each other place a smile on our faces. We were really happy to have met each other, feels like a part of us that we never knew existed has been found. One day, I was hanging with a very close friend of mine, D.O was somewhere with his band members. My friend Meer and I were hanging at the beach, the two of us sat down and talked.

"How are you and D.O?" Meer asked.
"We are really happy, we're happy that we met each other, being able to place a smile on each other's faces is probably one of the greatest thing ever." I said feeling really happy.
"That's wonderful! You and D.O have such beautiful smiles, one of the two prettiest I've seen in a long time." Meer said. "Thanks Meer, you too." I looked at her.
"I have something to tell you ______." Meer said suddenly serious.
"What is it?" I asked sitting up straight. "
Well, I'm going back to Diocuia tomorrow, and I don't think I'll be back for a long time." Meer said.
"Long time? Like how long?" I asked.
"IDK, few years I guess." Meer said.

My face slowly turned into a frown.

"Don't worry, it's not like we won't be able to see each other again right?" Meer said holding my hand.
"Yea, but it'll be a long time." I reminded her.
"True, but, you have D.O right?" Meer reminded me.

I looked at her.

"Yea, I still have D.O by my side." I said.
"But remember, never take things for granted, don't think that D.O is the only person you'll have." Meer said.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

Meer smiled, pulled me up and looked at me.

"What I'm saying is, don't use D.O, don't use him as a shoulder to cry on when you lose something or someone, cherish him, care for him, be there for each other." Meer explained.
"I understand, I'll NEVER do that to D.O, we're happy that we met, I can make him smile, he can make me smile. That's all that matters." I tried to smile.
"That's good, I have to go now, take care of yourself ______, and remember, take care ad cherish D.O." Meer said.

She gave me a hug, I held back my tears. Meer waved goodbye, my tears fell. I walked alone in a park, noone was around. I sat down beside the fountain, and phone D.O.

 "
______, what's up?" D.O asked with a cheerful voice.
"Can you come to the water fountain?" I asked.
"Did something happened?" D.O asked sounding concerned.

I began to cry, the rain slowly began to fall.

_____ hold on, I'll be over soon." D.O said and then hung up.

The rain was pouring now, covering me with raindrops filled with sadness. I was in the rain for 20mins, I was shivering. The rain lightened a little, I closes my eyes. I wasn't smiling, at all. D.O finally came 5 minutes later, he came running up to me with an umbrella and a big towel. 

"_____, what are you doing in the rain?" D.O asked.
"Waiting for you.." I answered.
"I'm so sorry.." D.O apologized.

He dried my hair and then took my hand.

"Wait, I want to tell you something." I said. D.O sat down again.
"Go ahead and tell me, it'll release a whole lot of stress and sadness.." D.O said.
"My friend, she's going back home, and it seem like she won't be coming back." I said.

I said with a frown.

"Don't worry, it may seem like that, but you have to think positive, think that she'll come back. You just have to have the patience to wait." D.O said.

I looked at him.

"Now, look at your face, you look terrible, take a look at yourself." D.O stuck out his tongue.

I look at myself in the reflection of the water fountain.

"See, now if you just turn that frown upside down, you will look really pretty." D.O said.

I slowly smiled, and thought of positive thoughts.

" See, you're beautiful." D.O laughed.
"Thank you D.O, for everything." I smiled.
"No need." D.O smiled back.

The rain stopped, I hugged him. It was really comforting, and warm. 5 days later, after I recovered from catching a cold. D.O and I sat on the bench, the very same bench we're we first met.

"It's been a while since the last time we were." I said.
"It has, and that time is when I saw your smile, which was filled with happiness." D.O reminded me.
"But, I want to thank you for making me smile during my hardest time." I said.
"Actually, you helped me more than I have for you." D.O laughed.

The two of us both laughed, D.O and I both leaned in. We kissed each other, I then leaned my head against his shoulder. D.O held my hand in his,the two of us closed our eyes and breathed in the fresh air.

"I love you." I said.
"Love you." D.O replied.

The two of us smiled, even though we couldn't see each other's smile, but we can feel the happiness and the size of the smile on our faces.