Head Over Heels- Lay

XOXO EXO Love Stories

I'm the type that loves to wear runners, like DC shoes and such. I'm not the type to wear high heels, it didn't fit my style. One day a friend of mine suggested that I should try wearing a pair of high heels for a day, so I did. One day I decided to take a walk in a nearby park, while wearing a pair of heels. It wasn't those expensive ones, but not cheap ones either; it was black, the heels wasn't too high. It was quite awkward, since it was my first time walking in heels. After a while of walking in the park, I came upon a set of stairs. I just stood there, looking at the bottom.

"This is going to be a long way down." I said to myself.

I took a deep breathe and walked down, step by step while holding onto the bars. When I got to the middle of the stairs, something didn't seem right. I cautiously took one more step, suddenly something snapped. My right ankle went violently sideways, and I fell backwards. My hands didn't held on to the bars, I was about to hit my head on the steps. Suddenly someone caught me from behind, and held on to me tight.

"Are you alright?" A young man's voice asked.

I slowly looked back, and my eyes went wide. The man was stunning, he had a Chinese backround. His hair was dark brown, slightly curly and it covered a part of his eye.

"Yea...thank you." I managed to say.
"That looked pretty painful, let's get you down." He said.
"Thank you." I said still looking at him.

He held onto my hand and slowly helped me down the steps, while I was limping. He gently helped me sat down on a bench, and sat down beside me.

"Looks like your heels literally just..well fell apart." He said.
"Haha,yea, don't think I'll be wearing heels ever again." I laughed.
"Here let me take a look at your ankle." He said.

He looked at my ankle and gently moved it a little.

"Does it hurt alot?" He asked.
"Not really, it was more severe back on the steps." I replied.
"Remember not to place too much pressure on this ankle." He said.
"Thanks, by the way, what's your name?" I asked suddenly remembering.

He looked up.

"It's Lay, and you?" He said.
"_____, it's nice meeting you." I said.
"Same goes to you." Lay smiled.
"You know, you have really cute dimples." I said smiling back.
"Oh, haha thank you." Lay laughed.

We both smiled at each other.

"Great now I gotta get a pair of shoes to walk in." I muttered.
"Come on, since we're friends now, let's go shopping." Lay said.
"Really?" I asked surprised.
"Yup, let's go." Lay smiled.

On the way, Lay helped me walk.

"So, was this your first time in heels?" Lay asked.
"Yea...guess I wasn't use to it." I answered embarrassed.
"Haha no worries, what type of shoes do you prefer, or fits your style?" Lay laughed.
"Runners like DC shoes fits me, heels don't." I replied.

We both laughed. We got to the shoe shop, Lay gently helped me sit down on a bench. He helped me pick out a pair of shoes, and placed it on my feet.

"What do you think?" Lay smiled looking at me.
"It's perfect, thank you so much Lay." I said.
"No need, that's what friends do." Lay gave me a thumbs up.

On that day, I fell in love with Lay. The two of us became really close friends, the two of us makes each other laugh, prank each other. Lay slowly fell in love with me as the days went by, but the two of us kept our mouth shut. 2 months went by, I realized that my ankle's completely recovered. One day, Lay and I took a stroll through park, I decided to go back to wearing my runners.

"Honestly, runners really do fit you." Lay said.
"They do, and they're really comfortable to." I laughed.
"Haha, have you checked your ankle yet?" Lay asked. I looked down at my ankle.
"No not yet, it seems fine." I replied.
"I think it's better if you get checked." Lay sounded concerned.

I looked at him.

"Fine, I'll get it checked on." I finally said.

Lay gently poked my cheek.

"That's my friend." Lay smiled.

I looked at him, and my heart beated a little faster. Lay took me to the doctor's, and got it X-Rayed.

"Well, from the look of this display, it looks like you're ankle is recovered." The doctor said.
"Is it completely recovered?" Lay asked.
"For the time being, it is." The doctor replied.
"Are there any advices that you can give me?" I asked.
"Well, first of all, don't place on too much pressure on your foot, don't run, don't overwork the muscles or tendons, last of all, don't wear high heels." The doctor said.
"Thank you." Both Lay and I said.

We left the doctor's office, and sat down on a bench.

"Yea don't think you're going to wear heels for a while." Lay said.
"Good I don't want to anyways, almost made me a cripple." I rolled my eyes.
"Haha, I should by you a new pair of shoes." Lay suddenly said.

I looked at him.

"Why?" I asked.
"That's what friends do, they make friends happy." Lay laughed.
"Well. Thanks." I said.

Lay poked me in the cheek again, I touched my face.

"I need to tell him soon, I don't think I can keep this a secret anymore." I thought to myself.

As the days went by, I slowly began to show my feelings for Lay, he too. The two of us walked along a hill one day, talking and having fun. We thought that it was finally the say to confess to each other, we stopped and looked at the sky.

"Lay....can I tell you something important?" I asked him.
"Go right ahead." Lay replied.
"Have you ever liked someone?" I asked.

Lay looked at me, and smiled.

"Actually yes, I am right now." Lay said.
"Oh, well I don't know who that girl is, but I want to tell you, that I like you." I finally said to him.

Lay turned and face me.

"Hopefully, that girl won't be surprised when I tell her that a girl likes me." Lay laughed.
"Sorry then." I said turning away.

Lay then gently took my hand, I turned.

"That person that I like right now, is you _____." Lay finally told me.

I stared at Lay, surprised.

"You...like me?" I asked.

Lay nodded.

"Looks like that girl won't be jealous after all." Lay laughed.
"Yea..." I smiled.
"Let's go." Lay said.

We both smiled, then started walking. Suddenly my foot slipped off the edge of the hill, I went down. Lay turned and saw me, and grabbed onto my hand. The two of us rolled down the small hill, and stopped at the bottom. I was lying on Lay's chest, I looked at him shocked.

"You alright?" Lay asked.
"Yea, I'm fine, how about you?" I replied.
"I'm fine." Lay said.

The two of us stared at each other for a few seconds, Lay slowly leaned in. The two of us kissed, it was relaxing and sweet. I rolled onto the grass, ad the two of us stared at the sky.

"It's so warm, we should take a nap." I said.
"We should." Lay replied.

He took my hand, and held it. We looked at each other, then closed our eyes. We fell asleep under the warm sun. Lay and I were happy, spending lots of time with each other. But, once in a while, my right ankle will feel weird and painful. But I kept it a secret from Lay, didn't want him to worry. Sometimes, the pain will be too revealing, having no choice but to limp once in a while.

"Are you ok?" Lay will ask.
"Yea, it's nothing" I would always reply.

One day, I decided to wear a really low heeled shoes. Lay held my hand, supporting me. I totally forgot about the doctor's advices.

"Is your ankle really ok? It seems like you're in alot of pain these days." Lay sounded worried.

I took Lay's hand.

"I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about." I smiled.

We got to a set of stairs, it was a pretty long stairway.

"You need help walking down?" Lay asked. "
No, you can go first, I'll meet you at the bottom." I said.

Lay nodded and went down. I took a deep breath, and took a step. The pain wasn't too bad, but it wasn't light either. Lay was ready to run up the stairs, I took another step.

"You should've wore runners today." I muttered to myself.

I took one more step, suddenly a violent sharp pain came to my right ankle. I screamed, Lay ran up the stairs. I collapsed, Lay caught me before I fell back.

"_____, you ok? hold on there, I'll get you to hospital." Lay said.

I was crying.

"It hurts alot, I said.

Trying to endure the pain, suddenly another sharp pain came, and I fainted. I woke up in a hospital bed, my right right ankle were all bandaged up. Lay was sitting beside me.

"Lay? What happened?" I asked feeling dizzy.
"Well it turned out, that your ankle was completely twisted, and a small fragment of a bone was sticking out of place." Lay said.
"Is it ok now?" I asked him.
"Yea, they performed surgery, you 'll recover soon." Lay smiled.
"Thank you Lay, for being here for me." I said holding his hand.
"This is what love is like I suppose." Lay laughed.

We both smiled. Lay came to the hospital everyday, to look after me. 1 month later, I finally got discharged from the hospital. I could walk again without feeling any pain, well maybe just a little soreness. Lay and I walked in the same park where we first met, and sat down on a bench.

"The feeling of being able to walk after such a long time." I said.
"Indeed." Lay answered.
"I won't be wearing heels again, ever." I laughed.
"Remember when I promised you that I would by you a new pair of shoes?" Lay said looking at me.
"Yea." I said.

Lay brought out a box from a bag that he was carrying, and handed it to me.

"Lay.." I said.
"Open it, you'll like it." Lay promised.

I opened the box, in the box laid a pair of wedge heels.

"Lay, thank you!" I said.
"These wedges are better than those heels, they won't break that easily." Lay said. It was those kind of wedge heels that looked like runners in the front, it was black with glitter over it.

"It's beautiful Lay." I said turning the wedges.
"Since these shoes doesn't place too much pressure on your ankle, how about let's try walking that pair of stairs?" Lay pointed. "Let's go." I smiled.

We got to the stairs, and stood there.

"Will you be ok?" Lay asked.
"I'll be ok, promise." I replied.
"Ok." Lay said.

Lay walked sown the stairs and waited for me. I took a step and began to walk down the steps, the pain didn't come up. I was relieved, the last few steps I kind of ran. I hugged Lay when I reached the bottom, I then kissed him gently.

"Thank you for everything." I said.
"That's what couples do." Lay responded with a laugh.
"Love you." I finally said to Lay.
"Love you right back ______." Lay smiled.

We poked each other in the cheek, and hugged each other. I finally walked down the stairs..the very same stairs where I first met Lay. Lay spun me in the air, the black glitter wedge heels shone in the sunlight.