Affections Flying High- Kris

XOXO EXO Love Stories

I love flying kites when I was little, now I'm a grown teenager flying kites is still one of my hobbies. One day, it was a really windy day. So I thought it was a good time to fly my favorite kite, I took my kite and went to the park. There were lots of trees around , so I had to be really careful. I let loose the kite, and watched it fly high in the bright blue sky. The dragon designed kite looked like it was on fire with the red fabric, I was happy. The wind was blowing pretty hard, after a while, I ran along the green grass staring up at the kite. I closed my eyes for a second, when I opened my eyes, the kite was on a tree branch. My smile faded away slowly.

"Great, now I got to get that..." I said with a sigh.

The branch wasn't too high, it was about twice the size of me  , with me being 161cm tall. I jumped and reached high, gave up after a few tries.

"Guess I'll have to climb the tree" I said.

I looked around, people were doing their own things. I sighed then began climbing, I was pretty high off the ground. I stopped and reached, I was close to getting the kite.

"Almost there.." I managed to say.

Suddenly the branch that I was holding on to broke, my eyes went wide. I fell backwards, I was trying to reach for the closest branch beside me. I closed my eyes, suddenly someone caught me from under me. The person held onto me tightly, I squinted my eyes from the sunlight. I adjusted my eyes and looked at the person's face. My heart almost stopped, he was really handsome. He looked and smiled, his eyes sparkled.

"You alright?" He asked nicely.

I looked into his bright brown eyes.

"Yea.. Thanks." I replied.
"That's good." He said.

He gently lowered me onto the grass, I kept looking at his face. He walked up to the tree, reached up and grabbed the kite, that was how tall he was. He came back to where I was, placed out his hand. He smiled, I slowly took his hand. He pulled me up and returned the kite to me, the two of us smiled.

"Thank you for getting the kite." I said shyly.
"No need, I was just walking in the park, when I saw you climbing that tree." He replied with a slight laugh.
"Oh, haha it was kid of dangerous, should've thought about the aftermath. I'm ______." I smiled.
"Kris" He replied.
"Nice to meet you, if you're not busy, want to walk around and..talk?" I asked shyly.
"That'll be nice." Kris smiled.

The two of us walked around in the park for a few hours, in just those few hours, we became good friends. It was pretty late by the time we had to part.

"It was nice to meet you today, and it was nice talking to you Kris." I said to him.
"It was, we should hangout out more often." Kris said with a warm smile.

I kept looking at him, but I made sure not to let him notice. We said goodbye, and part ways. We hungout quite alot, we became really close to each other after hanging out everytime. In the beginning, I fell for Kris instantly. Now, Kris slowly began to like me, but of course he doesn't show it. We would often hang out at the park, and fly the kite on windy days. Finally one day, the two of us decided on the same day that it was time to tell each other. We went to a big open plain filled with tall grass, we brought the kite along as always. We had a lots of fun, we both laughed and ran around with the kite. Playing tag, Kris was it, I ran ahead of him. After a few seconds, Kris caught up to me. He grabbed my wrist, and pulled me back. He pulled me into his chest, I just stared at his chest. We fell onto the ground, my face slowly turned red. I rolled off his chest onto the soft grass, we both looked up at the bright sky. I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes.

"You're...not hurt anywhere right?" I asked Kris.
"No, I'm fine, how about you?" Kris asked.
"I'm ok." I replied.

We both stayed quiet for a few minutes, then I took a deep breath. I rolled onto my shoulder to face him, Kris did too. We both froze, and we looked into each other's eyes. His eyes were almost glowing due to the sunlight, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"I have something to tell you, unless if you have something to say first?" Kris said.
"I do..actually, but you can go first." I said.
"It's fine, you can go first, lady's first." Kris smiled.

I looked at him, his smile was beautiful.

"Thanks." I responded.

Kris nodded his head slowly, I giggled a little.

"Well, hopefully our friendship will still stay the same after this." I slowly said.
"Go ahead." Kris said.
"Well..... I know things will be a little awkward, but I just want to say that I lik..." I began.

Kris slowly took my hand and held it, I froze. I slowly looked at our hands, then at Kris himself.

"Kris..." I said a little shocked.
"I know what you're going to say, so I stopped you from finishing it." Kris slightly smiled.
"Don't you feel surprised at all?" I asked.
"Not at all, cause I wanted to say that I like you too." Kris smiled.

I looked at him not believing what he said.

"Really?" I asked.

Kris nodded his head with a persistent smile. I smiled, my heart began to beat normally again. Kris slowly pulled me closer to him, he then gently kissed me on the forehead. He pulled me into a warm embrace, his arms around me. I felt safe, the two of us lying on the soft grass, under the blue sky. I rested my head onto his chest, it felt really warm. I hugged him, and the two of us fell asleep under the warm sunlight. After that day, we became a couple. It was fun spending time with Kris, always flying the kite that gave us the fate to meet. Since Kris was pretty tall, my neck always gets sore after looking at him, but oh well, I'll live. One day, Kris and I went to a different park. The park didn't have too many trees, but there were a few.  We had fun, laughing and flying, played tagged and such. What couples would do, smiling and talking while laying on the grass. A few minutes later, while flying my kite, Kris had to go to the washroom. So I was by myself for a while, so I flew the kite. While closing my eyes, the kite suddenly got stuck on a tall tree. I looked up at it.

"Not again...Ugh..don't think Kris can get this one, gotta climb it." I said depressed.

I took a deep breath, and started climbing. I reached for the kite, Kris wasn't back yet. As I was reaching I had a feeling that something's going to happen, suddenly my foot slipped. I fell forward, and I headed for the ground. I landed on my right wrist,and my head hit the ground. Everything began swirling, then I saw someone running towards me. His face was really familiar, I tried to focus.

"Kris?" I whispered.

Kris ran up and held me close to him, I closed my eyes and fainted  onto his chest. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I looked around, everything was white. I looked beside me, Kris was asleep. I smiled and gently lifted my wrist to brush his hair. I stopped, my wrist was all bandaged up.

"It's all bandaged up...just because of my foolishness" I rolled my eyes.
"I'll just gently brush his hair away from his face." I said moving my wrist closer to him.

I gently moved his light brown hair away from his face, I then gently touched his flawless face. Suddenly my wrist felt a really sharp pain, I quickly retreated my wrist.

"Ow" I said.

Kris woke up, I froze. Kris sat up and looked at me, I held my wrist.

"You're up." I said awkwardly.
"Yes I am, and you're too." Kris smiled.
"Yea.. Haha." I laughed.

Kris gently took my wrist and carefully messaged it.

"Doctor said to message it so the bone will slowly recover and go back to place if it's out of place, luckily it isn't." Kris said. I looked at Kris, he was focused on my wrist.

"Thank you.." I said.

Kris looked up.

"No need, we look out for each other, isn't that what couples do?" Kris asked with laugh.
"I suppose so." I replied.

I stayed in the hospital for about 2 weeks, to test my head due to the fall. Luckily nothing happened, it was just my wrist. Kris took care of me, helping me do things that I couldn't do at the time. Making me laugh, hang with me. Finally, my wrist finally recovered. Kris and I went to the very same park where we met. We brought a new kite, it was a golden phoenix design. I looked at it, and at my wrist.

"You want to fly it?" Kris asked.
"Yea.. I'm just afraid that my wrist will act up." I said looking sad.

Kris walked up to me and held my hand which was on the kite.

"Let's fly the kite together?" Kris asked.

I looked at him, his eyes sparkled.

"I'd like that." I smiled.

The kite flew high in the sky, the gold made it look like it was descending from the sun. It was beautiful, the kite flew perfectly without any interference. Kris picked me up and spun me around, I hugged him tightly. The two of us laughed happily, he then lowered me onto ground. I looked at him, he looked at me. After a few seconds of looking at each other with affection, I ruined the moment.

"My neck is getting sore from looking at you, since you're so high. Haha" I said out of the blue.
"Haha sorry about that, you're neck won't be sore anymore." Kris laughed.
"Huh?" I asked.

Kris bend over, and kissed me. It felt like a dragon breathed fire on me, my face turn bright red.

"Kris.." I said.
"Love you ______." Kris said.

He then hugged me, I slowly hugged him back. His body was really warm, it was really relaxing. I closed my eyes, and hugged him tighter.

"Love you Kris." I whispered.

The kite flew high in the sky, the phoenix was flapping it's flaring wings in the cobalt sky.