Rain Showering Love- Baekhyun

XOXO EXO Love Stories

I'm the type that has way to many things in mind, things that I can't forget, things that I can't let go of. But, I do find ways to try and relax my mind, to get away from everything. I happen to feel calm, when I stand in the rain. I do that all the time, it's becoming a habit. One day, something was really bugging me, and I didn't know how to solve it. I looked out the window, and smiled.

"It's raining, I'll go for a walk."I said to myself.

I got my coat, and walked out the door. By the time I got to the nearest park, it was almost pouring. But I didn't mind, since it was my method of releasing stress. I was alone, and I made sure I was alone. The rain was hitting against my head, it felt like the rain was washing away the stress. I closed my eyes, and slowly crouched onto the ground. I stayed like that for 5 minutes, all the stress was gone. Suddenly, the rain stopped. I slowly opened my eyes, but it was still raining. A person knelt down beside me, and covered me with his umbrella. I slowly looked at the person, my heart almost stopped. He had white flawless skin, light brown hair;kind of flaring, beautiful eyes and smile.

"Are you ok?" He asked in a deep but melodic voice.

"Yea...."I replied.
"That's good, by the way, why were you out here all alone without an umbrella?" He asked.

I tightened my fist, my face became really warm.

"Uhhh.." I became speechless.

He smiled, the placed out his hand.

"Let's get you dried up first, shall we?" he asked with a beautiful smile.

I looked at him then nodded, took his, and he pulled me up. He made sure the umbrella was right above my head, I was thankful for that.

"By the way, what's your name?" he asked.
"It's ______, and yours?" I asked back.
"It's Baekhyun, nice to meet you 
______." he said.
"Nice to meet you too." I smiled.

The two of us looked at each other, but felt something was weird. We looked down, turns out, we were still holding onto each other's hand. We slowly let go of each other, looked at each other, and then laughed. We went to a close by Coffee Shop, and I dried my hair. Baekhyun and I sat down with a cup of coffee, and talked.

"So, about you and standing in the rain thing." Baekhyun asked while drinking his coffee. "Oh...well, it's something that I do often." I said, and slowly drinking my coffee.
"Hmm do you do it for fun? Or are you just lonely all the time?" Baekhyun asked still drinking his coffee.

I choked on my coffee and started coughing, Baekhyun lowered his cup and came to my side, and started patting my back gently.
"Are you ok? Did I say something wrong?" Baekhyun asked concerned.

I breathed, my eyes were watering.

"No, haha, it's just a way for me to release stress, that's all." I said while laughing.
"Oh...well that's an interesting method, you ok now?" Baekhyun laughed.
"Yea, thank you." I replied.

I looked at him, our eyes were locked onto each other for a few seconds. I broke the gaze, Baekhyun sat back down.

"I should probably find a better way to release stress, shouldn't I?" I began to blush a little. "Yea, haha, like going to an amusement park or something." Baekhyun suggested.
"Yea, it seems better,but I have noone to go with, or to hang with." I said feeling sad.

Baekhyun stuck out his hand, and looked at me with beautiful eyes.

"I'll be your partner, when you need to hang, someone you need, and to suffer with you.....sometimes." Baekhyun laughed.
"You'll really do that with me?" I looked at him, feeling touched.
"Yup, we're friends, so I'll promise you this." Baekhyun smiled.

I smiled back, and I high fived him. Our hands held onto each other, we looked at each other with bright eyes.

"Thank you Baekhyun." I said.

On that day, I fell in love with Baekhyun. Baekhyun and I became really close friends as the days went by, we were really happy. One day, Baekhyun and I went to a big opened field, that has a big tree with a pair of swings. The two of us sat on the swings, and the wind blew against our hair and face.

"It's so peaceful here." I said while having my eyes closed.
"Indeed it is, by the way, have you ever thought of having another way to release stress?" Baekhyun asked me.

I slowly opened my eyes, and looked at the light blue sky.

"Actually no, probably because I got use to the rain method, so I never really thought of having another way to release stress." I replied.
"Hmm." Baekhyun said.

I looked at him, he looked at me. My mind went completely blank for a split second, I just stared at him, and Baekhyun just stared back at me. The swings slowly stopped, the wind has became calm, almost like time stopped, except for our hearts that's beating while looking at each other's gaze. I managed to break away the gaze, and cover up the awkwardness.

"Since the weather is so nice, why don't we sit by the tree, and take a short nap?" I smiled.
"Sounds nice." Baekhyun smiled back.

The two of us leaned against the tree, and looked at the open field.

"You know, you can try coming here if you have something on your mind, since it's open and free here." Baekhyun suggested.
"You know, that won't be a bad idea, I'll try that." I said.
"And maybe I'll come here with you to add some fun, since you might want someone to accompany you." Baekhyun looked at me.
"That'll be really nice, thank you Baekhyunnie." I smiled.

The two of us closed our eyes and fell asleep, but before I actually fell asleep, I did something. I slowly and ever so gently leaned against Baekhyun's shoulder, I then closed my eyes.

"I will tell you soon Baekhyunnie, I promise." I thought to myself.

I fell asleep, Baekhyun, gently smiled. While we slept, our hands gently and effortlessly fell into each others, with us being completely oblivious about it. After another month of hanging out, I honestly didn't feel any stress being placed on me, because Baekhyun was always there to make me smile. Finally, I found the day to confess to Baekhyun about my feelings. Baekhyun thought that it was also time for him to tell me his feelings. The two of us went to the park where we first met, and looked up at the cloudy sky above us.

"Baekhyunnie? Can I tell you something?" I said while looking up at the sky.
"Go right ahead." Baekhyun replied.
"Well, I have kept something for a really long time, and I don't think I can keep it a secret anymore." I said.
"Really? Must be hard for you." Baekhyun said looking at me.

I smiled.

"Actually, it wasn't too bad, it just made me a little stressed since I kept on thinking if I should tell you this or not." I said. "Well go ahead and tell me, I'll be here." Baekhyun faced me.

I took a deep breath, and opened my mouth.

"I...like you, for quite a while." I finally said.

Baekhyun continued looking at me, my face slowly turned red.

"Probably wasn't expecting that huh? I'm sorry." I added feeling embarrassed.

I slowly turned away, Baekhyun grabbed onto my hand. I turned around ad looked at him.

"Baekhyunnie?" I said.

"I said I'll be here for you, and that's what I'll do." Baekhyun said with a smile.

He slowly embraced me, I was still dazed. Baekhyun, hugged me with love, and then said something.

"I like you too ______, don't feel embarrassed, confession is nothing." Baekhyun assured.

We let go, and stared at each other for a second. Baekhyun slowly leaned in, the two of us gently kissed. All my worries seemed to just fade away all of a sudden, I hugged Baekhyun. I closed my eyes and placed my head against his shoulder, and smiled.

"Thank you Baekhyunnie." I whispered.

Time went by so fast, it's already 2 months since that day when we became a couple. The weather became more chilly, since it was getting close to Winter. Don't know why, but these days I have alot of things on my mind. I didn't really want to bother Baekhyun, cause it seemed like he has alot of things on his mind as well. One day, the two of us decided to meet up at the field where the tree and swings were. We wanted to spend some time with each other, and to tell each other about our stress and try to lift up each other's mood.

"Baekhyun always smiled, but hopefully, I can make him smile without faking." I said to myself as I walked to the field.

I sat on the swings as waited for Baekhyun, the weather became colder as the sun was slowly going down. I still waited for Baekhyun, swinging on the swings. Rain began to fall, but for some reason, it didn't help my mood at all like it did before. The rain became pouring a few minutes later, I still waited for Baekhyun. An hour later, the sun was slowly setting. I was really weak and cold. The rain was pouring onto me, I still sat on the swings.

"No, I won't leave. I promised Baekhyun that we'll meet here." I said about to pass out.

Suddenly someone came running towards me in the distance. I squinted my eyes, and trying to keep it opened at the same time.

"_____!" Baekhyun shouted.
"He finally came." I said weakly.

I closed, and fell forwards. Baekhyun caught me, and held me tightly. "

You finally came." I said softly.
" I'm so sorry, why did you wait?" Baekhyun said holding onto my hands.
"Because we promised that we're meeting here, I was going to keep that promise. " I replied.

Baekhyun hugged me tightly and trying to keep me warm.

"Thank you ______." Baekhyun said. I smiled,

Baekhyun picked me up and carried me in his arms and walked. I slowly closed my eyes and out. I woke up on my bed, with a damp cloth on my forehead. I was really dizzy, and I was really cold. Baekhyun came in with a bowl.

"Baekhyun. What happened?" I asked weakly.

Baekhyun sat sown beside me.

"You got a high fever and passed out, just because you were waiting for me at the field yesterday." Baekhyun looked at me with sad eyes.

I smiled.

"It's ok, you came to the field after all, that's all that matters." I assured him.

Baekhyun slowly took my hand and looked at me.

"I promise, when you recover. I'll take you to the field when it's bright and sunny." Baekhyun promised.

I smiled.

"Let's drink your medicine." Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun took care of me, till I was fully recovered. Baekhyun took me to the opened field once more, indeed it was bright and sunny day.

" You know, I think this is much better than me standing in the rain, rain is misery. So basically I was adding more stress and misery when I was doing that." I laughed.
"Looks like you finally understand. The sun brightens up everything, even people's misery." Baekhyun said.
"Yes, now I do. All because of you Baekhyunnie. Thank you." I looked at him.

I hugged him, then I kissed him. The two of us laughed, Baekhyun hugged me. Picked me up and spun me around, all the stress that I had all disappeared. The two of us sat against the tree again, holding hands.

"Thank you for being here for me Baekhyun." I said.
"Thank you for being her for me as well." Baekhyun added.
"Wonder what would've been like if we've never met." I looked at the sky.
"Then this would've never happened." Baekhyun laughed.

I leaned onto Baekhyun shoulder.

"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too ______." Baekhyun replied.

The two of us fell asleep under the big tree, and where the sun shines and chases away our stress and misery. The wind softly moved the swings and the leaves rustling, and Baekhyun and I holding each other's hand tightly, while sleeping on each other's shoulders.