Heart Of The Sea- Luhan

XOXO EXO Love Stories

I love taking long walks on the beach, feel the cool breeze blowing against my hair. But the thing was, I couldn't swim. Ever since I was little, I almost drowned, including I had trouble breathing whenever I go into the ocean or sea. So I would just watch everyone swimming while I walk along the shore, it was quite regretful. One day, I went to the beach. I was surprised when I got there, it was so quiet and empty.

"Hmm looks like I came here quite early." I thought to myself.

I walked along the shore, the sea water gently sweeping pass my feet. I smiled as the waves swayed back and forth, the sun was slowly coming up. After a few minutes, I stopped. I looked out into the sea, I stared in the distance.

"Wish I could swim, so I can see the things in the distance better." I thought to myself.

So I decided to give it a try, I slowly stepped into the water. I walked in further, till it got to my chest. I smiled, and closed my eyes.

"Maybe I can overcome this." I said.

Suddenly, something brushed past my leg. I opened up my eyes, a big wave came and pushed me into the sea. My whole body was underwater,  I couldn't do anything, my arms got cut by a rock at the bottom of the sea. I tried to kick my way up, my legs wouldn't work. The wave was to big, I thought I was done for. Suddenly, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me. The person held on to me tightly, and swam to the surface. I was passed out already, the person carried me to the shore. When I regained my consciousness, someone was breathing into my mouth. He blinked a few times, everything became clear. The person retreated, and looked at me. My eyes were locked onto his face, it was flawless. He was Chinese, his brownish-blonde hair was in front of his face. He smiled, it was the cutest thing ever.

"You're ok, thank goodness." He said.

I was speechless the whole time, I opened my mouth to speak. Suddenly, I coughed out water that could fill up a full glass. He helped me sat up, and patted my back. After a few minutes of coughing, I looked at him.

"Thank you, for saving me." I said to him.
"No need, by the way what were you doing standing in the water?" He asked.

I looked at him and blushed.

"Well..you see.." I stuttered.

He stood up, and held put his hand.

"Nevermind that, let's stand up first." He smiled.

I smiled back, and took his hand. The two of us them looked at my arm, it was bleeding non-stop.

"Oh great..." I sighed.
"Don't worry, let's get you dried up and then treat that wound, shall we?" He said softly.
"Sure." I replied.

He dried me up with a towel, and the two of us sat down on the sand. People started coming to the beach, soon it was filled with people. He placed the towel on my shoulder, and then sat in front of me, then took my arm. He gently cleaned it, placed medicine on it, and then wrapped it up. When he was doing that, I just stared at his focused face. Finally he finished, and smiled.

"All wrapped up, you'll be fine." He gave me a thumbs up.
"Thank you for everything." I said.
"No need, haha after all this time, we still haven't got each other's name." He smiled cutely.
"It's _____, and you?" I answered.
"It's Lu Han." He said.
"That sounds really cute." I said.
"Haha thanks, by the way, what were you doing early?" Lu Han asked again.
"Well, you see, I have a fear of swimming, and I had trouble breathing whenever I swim." I told him.
"Were you trying to prove something?" Lu Han asked.
"No, I wanted to overcome my fear, so I tried standing in the water, never expected such a huge wave swept me away like that." I told him.
"So that why I saw you standing there while I was coming here." Lu Han said.
"You creeping on me?" I smiled a little.
"Pfft no, I just saw you by chance when I was walking down to the beach." Lu Han laughed a little.

We both laughed.

"I'm really thankful for today, but it looks like I won't be able to overcome my fear." I said.

Lu Han looked at me.

"Do you want to overcome this fear?" Lu Han asked.
"I do, but I don't know how." I said.

I looked at the people playing in the water and envying them. Lu Han took my hand and held it between his, I was surprised and looked at him.

"Lu Han?" I said.
"I'll help you." He said.
"How?" I asked.
"Maybe I don't know how right now, but I'll find a way, do you trust me?" Lu Han asked.

I looked at him, and gave him a smile.

"Definitely." I answered.
"Good, I'll help you till you're not afraid anymore." Lu Han said.

We placed our arm into the air, to show our determination. I was really happy that I met Lu Han, and on that day, I, fell in love with Lu Han. As days passed, Lu Han and I hungout quite alot, we became really close friends. Made each other laugh, and well just had fun. As time passed, Lu Han fell in love with me, of course I couldn't tell. One day, Lu Han and I went to the beach. The sun was shining brightly, and the ocean's water was sapphire blue. We stopped and stared at the wide ocean, and closed our eyes.

"How I wish I could surpass my fear, so I can go into the beautiful water." I said.
"You will soon, I'll make sure you will." Lu Han responded.
"Let's just hope for the best." I quietly said.
"As a friend, I'll do my best, but first, you need to get use to the ocean's water." Lu Han added.

My eyes were still closed, suddenly water were splashed onto my face. I opened my eyes, and Lu Han laughed.
"Lu Han!" I shouted.

I scooped up a handful of water, and flung it at Lu Han. Lu Han covered himself, and started chasing me. I ran, Lu Han managed to catch up to me. He picked me up, and carried me to the edge of the shore. He let me go, and the two of us splashed water onto each other. Laughed and had fun, water flying everywhere. Lu Han gave me a piggy-back, I held onto him.

"Haha you better hold on tight, I'm going to start running soon." Lu Han.
"No! You would not.." I said.

Lu Han then started running along the shoreline. I held onto Lu Han, the two of us laughed as we raced through the wind. Lu Han then turned in circles, then he fell down. I went down with him, I landed on top of Lu Han chest. I lifted my head a little, Lu Han and I met each other's eyes. We just stared at each other, not saying a word.

"You ok?" Lu Han finally asked.
"Yea.." I replied.

I got up, and pulled Lu Han up. The two of us looked at each other, then started laughing. The two of us sat against a tree that was on the beach, and looked out onto the sea.

"Today was fun, wasn't it?" Lu Han asked.
"It was really fun, almost felt like I was dreaming." I responded.
"You were ok when I splashed water on you." Lu Han laughed.
"It almost seemed like my fear, never even existed." I said.
"Well we're getting there." Lu Han smiled, and looked at me.
"Yea." I smiled back.

The two of us looked out to the sky.

"Lu Han?" I asked.
"Yes?" He responded. "
Can I call you Lulu?" I asked.

Lu Han laughed, and looked at me.

"Sure." Lu Han nodded.
"And Lu Han? I have something to tell you.." I added.
"What is it?" Lu Han asked.

I took a deep breath.

"I want to tell you, that, I like you, and that I liked you since the first day that we met." I finally said.

Lu Han looked at me and them smiled.

"Don't feel embarrassed, because I wanted to tell you that I liked you for a while too." Lu Han finally confessed as well.

I looked at him surprised.

"You do?" I asked.
"Yup, and I still do, hope your answer won't change for a while." Lu Han said.

I smiled at him.

"It won't." I answered.

Lu Han took my hand in his.

"I'm tired, how about taking a nap here." Lu Han said.
"Ok." I responded.

The two of us fell asleep on each other's shoulder, time went by slowly. I slowly opened my eyes after a few minutes, and slowly looked at Lu Han. He was still sleeping, his face was flawless, his hair was in front of his face. Still holding hands, I gently took my free hand and brushed away the lock of hair in front of his face. I then slowly leaned in, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you...Lulu." I whispered.

I then closed my eyes and fell into a dream. After that day, we became a couple. Spending time with each other as much as we could, laughing and such. Each day, I always tell myself

"I'll overcome my fear, because Lulu is here with me."

One day, Lu Han took me to the beach again. We walked along the shore, while talking. After a while, we stopped.

"You know, I think I'm almost over my fear, I think I can do this." I said to Lu Han.
"That's good, but for now, just tell yourself that you'll overcome it. Then I'll slowly teach you how to swim." Lu Han said. "Yea.." I sighed.
"I gotta go use the washroom for a sec, I'll be back soon." Lu Han then said.
"Ok, I'll wait here." I answered.

Lu Han walked to the bathroom, I looked out to the sea.

"I want to try it, just a step." I thought to myself.

I stepped into the water, it was cool and refreshing. I walked further into the sea, till the water was up to my stomach. I closed my eyes and breathed in the air, suddenly I had a bad feeling. I opened my eyes in a panic, the waves was slowly coming towards me. I backed up, suddenly, I started having trouble breathing. I collapsed into the water, someone caught me before my head went into the water. I looked up, it was Lu Han. We walked back to shore.

"You're not quite ready yet." Lu Han said.
"Sorry Lulu.." I said.
"Don't be, you were trying to overcome your fear, it's natural." Lu Han smiled.

I hugged him.

"You have to relax your mind, in order to overcome your fear." Lu Han said.

A month later, Lu Han decided to teach me swimming. I was scared of course, but I contained my fear. A few minutes of swimming, I was kind of getting the hang of it.

"Ok, I think it's time for you to try swim in the deep end." Lu Han said.
"Uhm, I don't think I'm ready." I said.

Lu Han took my hand.

"You'll be fine, remember what I taught you, and use them." Lu Han encouraged.
"I have to relax my mind a little, I gotta be alone for a moment." I said.

I walked away for a few minutes.

"What are you doing? it's your chance to overcome your fear, Lulu is even helping you."I said to myself.

I took a deep breath and walked back. When I got back. Lu Han wasn't there anymore, I began to panic.

"Lulu? Lulu where are you?" I shouted.

Suddenly I saw him in the deeper part of the sea, there were splashes. My mind went empty, I didn't know what to do.

"Relax your mind, that's how you can overcome your fear." I recited what Lu Han told me.

Without thinking I got into the water, and swam towards Lu Han. I finally got him, I brought him back to shore. I shook his face.

"Lulu? Lu Han wake up!" I said.

Lu Ham didn't move, I then placed my mouth on his, and breathed. Suddenly, Lu Han's eyes opened. I was shocked, and backed up.

"Lu Han..you.." I stuttered.

Lu Han sat up.

"I'm fine, see, you overcame your fear." Lu Han said.

I sat there staring at him.

"I...did.." I said surprised.
"The thing was, you were never afraid, you just told yourself that the sea was a scary place. When the truth is, it's just another world. Now you're not afraid anymore. I'll take you snorkeling someday." Lu Han said.
"You almost gave me a heart attack Lulu!" I said.

Lu Han slightly laughed.

"Sorry, I'm not the type of person to do those things. But I thought that it was the only way to let you to let go of your fear." He said.
"Thank you Lulu." I said.

We both laughed. Another month passed, Lu Han and I sat beneath a tree on the beach one day.

"You still remember that day when we confessed to each other?" I asked. "Of course, it was right under this same tree." Lu Han laughed.
"Thank you so much for helping, Lulu." I said.
"No need, glad I could help." Lu Han said.

We looked at each other, we leaned in and kissed each other. It was soothing and relaxing, we smiled at each other.

"Oh thanks for brushing my hair away from my face, and the kiss on the cheek." Lu Han suddenly said.
"You knew?" I said looking at him.

He nodded.

"Could've told me. Haha love you Lulu." I said.
"Love you too _____." Lu Han said.

I gently kissed him on the cheek, then the two of us closed our eyes and fell asleep. Holding each other's hand, under the same tree where we said

"I love you" to Each other.