NEWSPAPER’S HEADLIGHT

MOMENT STORY

NEWSPAPER’S HEADLIGHT


PROFILE

Amber - Male, 25 years old, current job: bartender.

Krystal Jung - Female, 23 years old, current job: actress.

Cameo:

Henry - Male, 24 years old, current job; Server/waiter

Chris - Male, 27 years old, current job: (?) (Whatever you want to imagine)

Supernumerary:

The Boss - Male, 43 years old current job: Saloon keeper

PLOT

Krystal is a famous actress, meanwhile Amber still at the stage to catch his dream. They are best friend, but Amber love Krystal. Krystal still doesn’t realize how deep is his love. What’s happened between them? Does Krystal finally realize how deep is Amber’s love to her?

This chapter feels more like a short story than a moment. Still, there’s an important moment that happen between Amber and Krystal.

Figure out what’s an important moment this time…

SETTING

Welcome to the jumping setting, again.

You figure out when you read it.

THE BLUFFING NOTE

I’m sorry (sincerely) for lately update the chapter, kind of busy with my own business.

But after all, I did it! I finished my homework, and update the story in here, there, and there also HOHOHOHO

Really love this part of Bluffing note. I can say whatever I want =D

Okay put a side about my private life,

It’s about the moment for today, bear with the plot because it is typical of flashback plot or probably kind of mix plot.

Pay attention at the time setting (HOHOHOHO). 

 


 

HERE’S THE MOMENT,

April 11th 2015 - The Present Time

Amber perched to sit on the chair, picked up the phone on corner of table. There was no sound at the first then girl’s voice was heard, sounded like whisper.

“How do you do Amb?” the girl talked by phone.

Amber, who his face had faced the floor before, lifted his face and stared in front. His face was looked a little bit awful, there was swollen on corner of his lips and also slightly scar on his left side of his eyebrow, looked like has torn yesterday.

“I’m fine. Always fine.” He said tried to look tough.

There was a sound of deep breath form the girl on tip of that phone network. The girl shivered, she tried to handle her own emotion. Unfortunately, mind and heart has a different spot in our body. Emotion couldn’t be controlled by mind. she was failed. The tears already flowed down through her cheek. Amber already knew it. But he was silent, waited that girl said her words.

She said more like confessed, “I’m sorry Amb. All of this was my fault. Honestly, I already lost my face in front of you. I feel bad and ashamed. Blame on me for everything that I did for you.”

She was crying, put her palms on her lips. Amber put slightly smiled, he wanted to take something on the table. But stopped then lumped his fist, dangled. He let out deep breath.

“I have told you. It wasn’t your fault. I did it because I care about you. Don’t blame yourself for my life.” He said, tried to comfort her.

The girl just nodded and stared at the floor, tried to hide her tears that already over flowed.

She wanted to say something else, but cut off by Amber who heard stepping sound behind the door, “Krystal, I have to go now.” 

Amber tried to put down the phone but paused when Krystal said, “But Amb…”

 

3 months Ago - January 10th 2015

Amber worked as bartender in some random bar. Actually, this wasn’t his dream. He wanted to be songwriter, and he was already at the level that he would be. He already sent a couple of his demos through some big music companies. Despite, Krystal had become an actress that almost reached the peak of her carrier and popularity. She had made her debut 3 years ago. She stepped a head than Amber.

The difference status between them didn’t affect their relationship. They were still best friend, since they were 7 years old. Through that time, they had shared a lot of memories together. School thing, dream, till Amber’s deepest secret. Amber had confessed that he had a feeling toward Krystal more than a friend. But still, it didn’t make any differences with their relationship. At the end, Krystal rejected it and Amber had known it already, accepted it. She told Amber that she already had had someone that she loved probably fond in love with him. His name was Chris.

 

January 10th 2015, The Bar

It was evening, the clock already in 11 pm. His shift was already over, Amber packed his stuff, suddenly just a dream ringtone from nelly was ringing, and he took out his phone in his khaki pants pocket. It was phone call from Krystal, his dearest best friend. Without any hesitated, he picked up the phone.

“Hi Krys.” He greeted her with smile widely, showing his teeth like idiot.

But then his smile was vanished after he understood Krystal’s state. She seem, didn’t fine. 

Krystal talked, sob, “Stupid, where are you? Could you stop by at my apartment?”

Without wasted another time, he simple said in hurry, “Okay Krys. Give me 10 minutes.”

He ended the call, already run like possessed by ghost. He could predict what happened with Krystal.

 

January 10th 2015, Krystal’s Apartment

He ran insanely through the apartment corridor. He took a deep breath, managed his breath when he was already in front of Krystal’s front door. He opened the door slowly, looked sad so sudden when he found Krystal.

And there she is. Krystal sat down on the floor, in front of the couch. She sobbed, put her hands on her face. Covered it. Her hair fallen down in mess but for Amber, she was still the beautiful princess. It had never changed.

Amber approached her, sat down next to her. Stared at her, took her hands from her face softly. He was a little bit shock when he saw Krystal’s face. He actually had felt that it was something that he imagined before. But still, it shocked him. He brushed her brunnete hair and pinned it behind her ear. He made clearly vision to see her face.

There was a swollen below her left eye, and right of her corner lips were wound. This kind of vision was never failed to hurt him. Put a lot of pain on his heart. Krystal meek put his hand down from her face. She tried to hide her tears.

“What did he do this time?” he asked, maintained his anger.

“I’m fine Amb. Just ordinary fight.” She put slightly smile on her face. Threw the fact that she was in pain.

Amber widened out his eyes, blurted, “How can you say this is just ordinary fight! He abused you! Why do you still with him?”

Krystal stared at him with tears on her corner of her eyes, sincere said, “I love him Amb. And I know that he love me too. He did those kinds of act when he was mad.”

It came out from Krystal as a simple fib, hid behind the unreasonable reason that she was made by herself. Buried the truth fact, that it was one-sided love.

Amber stood up, lumped his fist. He didn’t know how to let out his anger. At the end, he hit the wall with his hand. Krystal approached him, stopped his hand from hurting himself.

She cried, “Please Amb. Don’t hurt yourself.”

Amber stared at her who avoided his eyes, looked at the floor. Amber clenched his teeth then exhaled. He hugged her. Krystal cried on his shoulder and stayed like that for a moment. 

 

Every time she fought with Chris, her boyfriend. It always ended with something like this. At first, Krystal only cried because of the rude words from Chris. But lately, it was getting worse. This was the 7th time that Amber found scar, wound, or swollen on Krystal. Probably, it was more than 7 times. Before he knew the fact.

When Amber found there was a swollen on Krystal’s arm for the first time, Krystal told him that she accidentally had slipped in bathroom. At first time, Amber put it as a joke. Amber thought that it was make sense. Everybody could be slipped in the bathroom. But there was 2nd, 3th, 4th and more stories that Krystal told him as accident because of the scar, wound or swollen she had got. He sensed that it was strange. Krystal wasn’t type of the careless person. When he asked her about it, she had never told the truth behind it till he had seen with his own eyes that Chris hit Krystal when they were fought. Krystal always had told it as fib.

He had tried to make Krystal woke up from her delusional love. But it just made everything worse. Instead realized, she would squeal, didn’t accept the fact from his mouth. At the end, they fought and didn’t talk for a couple of days. Amber was the one who always apologized.

Lately he held all the anger and put stoical manner when Krystal told fib and the unreasonable reason. Did purposely to avoid feud between them. He had known whatever he said, only threw fuel to the fire.

 

Amber broke the hug, looked at her eyes. He brushed the tears, said, “What do you want to do now?”

“Can you stay here? I don’t want to be alone.” She asked full of doubt then Amber nodded.

He stayed at Krystal’s apartment.

Krystal was sitting on her bed, while Amber pulled a chair, sat beside her bed. He sat down on the chair and looked at Krystal who lowed her head. Played with her finger like a kid.

“You better go to sleep Krys.” Amber suggested, Krystal shook her head slowly. Didn’t say anything.

“What do you want?” Amber asked softly.

Krystal lifted her head and looked at Amber. While her finger was pointing a guitar in the corner of bedroom, “Sing to me Amb.” Amber nodded

He took the guitar and sat down on the chair, while Krystal was lying on the bed, faced Amber. He started to sing. He sing “best friend.”

Though, Krystal rejected him, but he knew that Krystal loved this song. Without a lot of effort, she would smile when Amber sang it. If only, she didn’t fight with her boyfriend, usually she would laugh freely sometimes put it as a joke to Amber. Amber didn’t mind, never mind. As long as he saw Krystal’s smile and laugh.

Afterward, Krystal already fell asleep. While Amber put down the guitar and placed proper blanket, covered her body. He stayed for a while before he went out.

“Did you really love him? What does he have that I don’t have? Could you see me? I won’t never let you down Princess.” he spoke scarcely.

Amber gazed at her. Brushed lightly her hair. Then left.

 

January 12th 2015, The Bar

Amber worked at the bar like his usual day as the bartender. Sometimes he put a show to the customer by juggling the bottle. He could survive to catch up his dream because this job. He really enjoyed his job as bartender. But after all, became a songwriter was his sacred dream that he would kept on.

The waiter walked toward him, put his right elbow on the long table in front of Amber’s spot-work, supported his chin, “Amb! That old Aunty with terrible red velvet dress orders three red snipers.”

“Ew! I hate when someone order it.” He answered, rolled his eyes.

“Absolutely! Imposter-drink from the authentic bloody-marry.”

Amber chuckled when he heard those words. Amber already made the order.

“By the way, how’s the song? Do they accept your demo?” he excited asked while waiting for Amber who made the drinks.

“Still don’t know Hen. They promise to call me this day. But it’s already 09.17 pm. Don’t want put my hope high.” He told the person who was named Henry slightly sound hopeless.

“Are you kidding? The song is really great.” Henry said.

While they were chatting, someone approached them, “do I pay both of you to chitchat in here?” he said raise his voice.

Henry jumped shock because of the voice behind his back then turned his body to face him, “Sorry Boss. Wait Amber to make the order.” He said, displaying his awkward smile, pointed his thumb to amber that worked at his spot. Amber chuckled.

“This brat.” He grumbled, continued to talk, “Amber, you’re fired!”

Henry already wanted to blare but stopped it, did motion to zip his mouth when his boss glared at him. Amber looked confuse, tried to explain, “Wait boss. Why? Did I make a mistake? I will fix it. Promise.”

His boss said, “Do you want to spend the rest of your life work in here?” he arched his eyebrow, Amber still confused.

“The man from the music company or whatever it is, stopped by this morning and told me that they wanted your song.” He said.

“What?” Amber widened his eyes.

Henry cut off, “why you didn’t say it before Boss!”

His boss glared at Henry then turned his body and said, “I wanted my favorite bartender worked for me at least for his last day.” He smiled then left the two dumbfounded kids.

Henry grumbled, “Such a Drama-Boss. Aish!”

Amber didn’t care about what Henry said. He still felt excited with the news, probably the great news of his life that he had ever heard. He felt impatiently, planned to tell it to Krystal.

 

January 13th 2015, The Sidewalk

Amber walked alone. He wore white shirt matched it with brown khaki pants and pairs of suede oxford shoes. He was looked really handsome with that outfit. He put a lot of smile while walking on the sidewalk. Sometimes he smiled widely like an idiot.

This afternoon, he had met CEO of the music company. They already signed an assignment. Amber was contracted with the music company. Finally, one of the big music companies already agreed to use his song for one of their famous singer. His dream was only counted by the days, in the couple of weeks his song would be aired as his first debut as songwriter. The dream definitely would come true.

Now, he was heading to Krystal’s apartment. He stopped by at the cake shop, bought opera-cake. Then continued to walk. He thought that the opera-cake was Krystal’s favorite.

It left two blocks before he arrived at Krystal. He run and let out of the biggest smile. He looked toward the apartment building in front of him, only separated by the road. He stood on the sidewalk across the building. He looked at the flower stall next of him. He smiled, thought about Krystal. He bought sunflower that meant as the happiest flower and symbol of loyalty, already heading inside the apartment.

 

January 13th 2015, Krystal’s Apartment

He walked and smiled through the corridor apartment. He changed his tread, tiptoed, still with smile when he almost reached the door. He slightly opened the door softly, didn’t want to make a sound. Amber wanted to surprise her. He took a peek, but his smile had vanished when he saw inside the apartment. There was Krystal and Chris, her beloved boyfriend.

His hand dangled, slightly pulled the door. He wanted to close the door and turned his body. Decided to go away. But he was frozen when he accidentally heard the sound inside the apartment. Krystal and Chris was feud. Amber still at the outside of apartment listened through the wall.

“What a b*tch! I need money!” Chris shouted to Krystal.

Krystal said patiently, “Chris, I run out the cash. You have taken all my money yesterday. I don’t have any…”

Chris cut off, blared, “! Such a useless B*TCH!”

Krystal just stood silent while Chris lumped his fist, already threw hit with his right hand. But someone grabbed his wrist, stopped it.

“Amber.” Krystal said, stared at amber that already stood next to her.

Chris widened his eyes, glared at Amber. Pulled his hand. He clenched his teeth and smirked, scoffed, “What are you doing? Save this SL*T?!”

“Sh*t you’re ing mouth!” Amber blared, Krystal held Amber’s arm. Tried to stop him.

Chris grabbed his collar, “What you said!”

Chris widened his eyes while Amber pulled his arm from Krystal. Then he pushed Chris away, “Go away B*stard!” Amber said then turned to Krystal, made sure she was fine.

But Chris already pulled him, started to punch him on the face. Amber hit Chris on his stomach, made Chris lost balance, fell on the floor. Amber made a move, hit his face. Both of them tangled in battle on the floor while Krystal tried hard to separate them away. But failed. At the end, Chris kicked Amber’s stomach, made an escape while Amber rolled on the floor, held his stomach in pain. Krystal walked toward Amber, sat down next to him.

Krystal looked worried, said with the tears, “Are you okay, Amb?”

Chris already stood up and took a gun behind his back with right hand. Directed toward them, smirked, “Dear stupid, I’ll kill you.”

Amber got up, protected Krystal who stood behind him. She was scared to death. Amber tried to find a chance, took the gun while Chris stood firmly, confidence did a monologue. Threated them. Amber found a chance. Saw an astray right next his foot. Without hesitated, quickly kick it toward Chris. He did it.

An astray hit Chris’s right arm, Chris became unbalanced. Amber took a chance, ran toward him. Tried hard to snatch it. Chris was aware. He hardly kept it on his hand. All of them tangled in the struggle of gun. Chris and amber was faced each other without any gap. Chris persisted, tried to shoot Amber while Amber persisted to aim the gun elsewhere. Krystal did as same as Amber, tried to grab the gun. Thought to throw it away. Her hand was stuck between them,

Then…

“DOOR!”

The sound of gun was hearing across the building. It shocked a lot of people who was heard it. Around 15 minutes, the police came to the apartment, which was already mess because of the fight. The police walked inside apartment, took the gun, which had been on the floor and put in the plastic bag as the evidence.

 

08.12 am. January 14th 2015, The Starbucks

“Here’s your money?” The man with brown suit and tie said. The other guy smiled when he got the money.

That man walked like in hurry, didn’t take a look. After a couple of minute, he arrived at Starbucks. He looked on his watch, waited for someone. While he was waiting, he took a look at the newspaper that he brought before. He widened his eyes.

“Why you look like that,” the girl that already in front of him said.

“Oh, you’re already here. Sorry.” He said to the girl that he was waiting for, while the girl took a sit.

“What is happened?” the girl said casually when she pointed her finger to the newspaper.     

“Nothing. Just some of crazy news.” He said, put down the newspaper on the table.

The girl took a peek on the newspaper, “Unbelievable.” She rolled her eyes, grimaced.

Then both of them continued to talk - gossip about it. The newspaper was still on the table. The headlight of newspaper was written, ‘THE CRAZY AMATEUR SONGWRITER KILLED KRYSTAL’S BELOVED MAN!’

 

April 11th 2015 - The Present Time.

“But Amb… I was the one who pulled the trigger. Why you did that.” Krystal said, cracked her tears.

“I had told you, I would take care of you, whatever is happened.” He said while his mind recalled the moment before the police came to the apartment.

At that time, after the gun was shot, Chris was dangled. He fell down to the floor, his blood spread from his heart. Amber and Krystal stood, frozen. Amber looked slowly at their hands, which held the gun. His hand was on the lower part of gun handle while Krystal’s hand was on his hand slightly upper, her index finger was on the trigger.

Krystal was afraid, pulled her hand. She put her hands on her lips, cried. Amber looked at her.

“Krys, change your cloth now! Let’s get out of here. I take care of this.” Amber blurted. Krystal just nodded and run to her room.

Amber took off his white shirt and cleaned all the mess with it. He rubbed the gun with his shirt and put it on the floor. He cleaned all the things were touched by Krystal that he could remember. He didn’t want to leave any evidence that aimed to Krystal.

Krystal run out from the room, had finished changing her cloth. Amber took a lead toward front door by held Krystal’s right hand. But before he walked out, he saw police already run in the corridor apartment. He paused for a moment, tried hard to think while Krystal started to cry, she was afraid.

He stared at the whole apartment and through himself. The only thing that he could think just took the gun. He grabbed the gun. He did it purposely, made sure his fingerprint on the gun. 

“What are you doing Amb!” Krystal squealed, didn’t believe what she saw.

Amber blurted out sound like rattled on, “I just make sure you are fine. Don’t be afraid. I take care all of this.”

The police walked in and shouted, “Drop your gun!”

Krystal was frozen at her spot while Amber stood in front of Chris-corpse. He dropped the gun. He gave in his hands to the police. The police handcuffed him. Krystal was crying, didn’t know what to do with this situation.

Before Amber walked out from the door, he said, “You’re save now, Princess.”

 

Krystal’s cry woke him up from his memory. He put down the phone. Krystal still held the phone and cried, the tears were over flowing from her eyes. Amber put slightly smiled, tried to hold the pain. He stood up, turned around, already made his first step. But stopped when he heard hit sound. He turned his head, looked behind through his shoulder.

Krystal had stood up, hit the wall glass that separated them with her hands. The police officer opened the door.

“Your time is up kid. Time to go back to the cell.” The police officer said.

Amber nodded, he stepped his right leg then paused when he heard Krystal’s voice. 

“I’ll wait for you Amb! I do love You Stupid!” Krystal shouted loudly, Still crying, while Amber heard it as a whisper.

He nodded and smiled through his shoulder to Krystal then followed the police officer that closed the door. He was gone, left Krystal who still put her left hand on the glass wall while the other hand on her lips. She sobbed.

Amber knew that prisoner’s life was cruel and hard. Sometimes he got beaten by the other prisoner, or threw himself at the fight to save his pals. He suffered at the jail, but today he finally felt that it was worth it. He knew that his princess loved him. He had to survive.

 

THANKS TO READ =)

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WHATEVER IT IS…

 


 

Note for you:

I’M SORRY (sincerely):

  1. The battle part description, I’ve never hit or involve into fight. (HOHOHO)
  2. About Amber thought that he took a gun purposely. Maybe I’m stupid as him. Can’t figure out anything else to save Krystal (HOHOHO)
  3. I’m blunt about law and prisoner’s life (HOHOHO)
  4. I’m still not into the mood to write sweet, lame, or cheesy moment. But I’ll try on my next chapter (HOHOHO).

 

Just inform - look like it will be abandoned =(  (Just Kidding, reading is option, Right?)

I already make the extended story for chapter 6. But I move it out (link on the chapter 6).

If you already decide the ending, stop to read it. Don’t continue to read the extended version!

By the way, sorry. I put subscribe label for the extended version since I firmly, plot as one shot. Thanks.