THE CURSE BEHIND EXPIRED MILK

MOMENT STORY

PROFILE:

Amber, 23 years old. He is university student who is trying hard to finish his final paper. Saturday is his favorite day.

Krystal, 21 ears old. University Student. She is the most wanted girl in campus who are every guys dreaming to be her boyfriend.

(Okay, The detail profile doesn’t put a lot of effect in the moment)

Supernumerary: Aaron (whosever you want to imagine)

PLOT-SETTING:

In this chapter I portray Amber and Krystal Jung in platonic relationship not love relationship.

Setting is still in the apartment but this time is Amber’s apartment. Another setting is in the sidewalk (detail? wherever sidewalk you want to imagine).  

 

NOTE:

  1. I call this as an intermezzo chapter. I just think, it will be probably (or probably not, hohoho…) boring if I write them as a lovey-dovey couple all the time. I try to write it in different style.
  2. This chapter is mostly Amber’s POV. Courier bold font is mine.
  3. 'Comic Sand MS' font: Amber’s Thought.
  4. sorry for the different font (I don't know how to put word in different colour).

 

HERE THE MOMENT,

Saturday morning, 11.00 A.M.

I wake up lazily then walk to my kitchen, open my refrigerator. I find bottle of milk, bring it to my living room and turn on TV search for ESPN channel. My living room consists of comfy stuff; Panorama TV 90 inch with set of home theater, black - L shape sofa, my favorite oak coffee table, and don’t forget to mention my new PS4. It is perfect space. This is my sanctuary (okay, stop it). I sip my milk.

“CRAP!” I vomit the milk and look at the top of bottle. It was expired. Then I put it on coffee table.

I walk back to the kitchen. Searching for proper thing that can entry my mouth, anything. I starve. I’m looking forward through all space in the kitchen for 30 minutes. I give up. I grab my phone and order fast food. While waiting for my meal, I wonder.

 

‘What’s wrong with me today? Saturday should be my greatest time among a week. I don’t need to get up in early morning, dashing to campus like the other days. Don’t need to rush in campus for my final-paper stuff. It’s like Saturday is the most enjoyable day, right?

But, I have another reason why am I love Saturday? Because mostly couple will spend their time together. So does Krystal.

Krystal is my best friend since she came to our campus department. She is the hottest chic in our department probably campus. No offense. At the first time I knew her, I found she is really attractive, s*xy, hot, smart, and adorable. BUT! After I became her friend actually her best friend slash best man (maybe) for 3 years, I found that she is really something. Something that make those image crash into pieces (hohoho). I mean she isn’t something in bad perception but she is… I don’t know how to say, just say that she is extraordinary girl if I want to describe her in nice way. But if I describe her in opposite way, just call her insanely girl. At although she has that x-something but I have to admit, she is still attractive and adorable girl for a lot of man probably I’m included, I guess.  

Jumping to the conclusion, I love being her best friend, I care a lot about her and there’s totally no hate in our platonic relationship. 

I care about her, seriously. But imagine that I have to spend the whole week with her, sometimes give me hard headache. Sometimes people need their time alone, so do I.

Okay back to the milk-zonk moment that hit me in the early morning. It isn’t like my ordinary Saturday, which is everything bad rarely come to me. I just feel this is a sign from God that something bad will happen today. What is it?’

 

I hardly shake my head side to side. Don’t want to imagine anything bad happen today. Just after it, I hear stepping sound. And what I find is she. She is standing right beside the coffee table.

“You didn’t drink it, right?” she says in chic tone and points the milk bottle. I just nod and she gives me her are-you-stupid looks.  

“Here eat something proper.” She falls herself to the sofa while she is handing me the brown paper bag.

“What is this?” I say and lift my right eyebrow.

“I brought some chocolate croissant, kaya toast and hot Americano for you.” Explains while she is grabbing the other cup. I bet it is cappuccino with extra foams and non-sugar.

I grab the Americano casually and take a bite of kaya toast. She reminds silent. I hand her my remote TV because I know really well that she doesn’t like ESPN channel. She switches it to American’s Next Top Model show, which is both of us can enjoy this show together. She loves fashion very much and for me, I just enjoy this show because of the girls. No offense, I’m obviously man.

She doesn’t talk too much because she knows that I’m not the type of person who likes to talk while eating. After 10 minutes, enjoy my kaya toast, she automatically hands me tissue. She knows really well when I finished eat toast there’s always crumbs in my lips.

 

‘This is the part of her that I love. Without say too much words, we can understand each other. We already know each other habits. For examples the chocolate croissant, kaya toast and Americano part, that’s all thing that I love for my breakfast. But why I feel a little bit uneasy. Wait! This is Saturday! She rarely came to my sanctuary in Saturday. Except this is what I so-called-unordinary-Saturday. I used to spend my Saturday alone. When it comes to unordinary Saturday then I have to prepare myself, willing to accept the headache part too. Don’t expect too much that I can easily slide from this kind of Saturday. God Bless me, please!’

 

I finish my breakfast and start to figure what happen with my tranquility Saturday. I try to be cool, anticipate what I have to through today.

“Okay, let’s jump to the conclusion. What’s the bribe for?” I ask her without any hesitate and put my annoying dork smile (actually amber will lift both of his eyebrows, half eyes open and smile unwillingly).

“Is that what you think about me? Oh GOSH. Amber!” she says with annoying tone and rolls her eyes. I just look at her with Are-You-Sure looks.

“Fine! You got me.” I put my victory smile that she can’t hide any suspicious thing.

We already know that she can’t slide away from my sense detector when it comes to something unusual. I can easily sense something unusual especially about Krystal’s habit. She chuckled and faces my face with that pleading’s eyes.

 

‘Oo… wrong move amber!’ I thought that to myself. When she put that pleading’s eyes, it will be something that is worse than accompany her shopping the whole Saturday because his boyfriend or maybe her ex-boyfriend in past time. There it goes she put her evil smile. I stare at her with a little bit frightening feeling.

 

‘If I can describe it, it feels like Snow White’s stepmother wants to kill Snow White slowly like cuts her into pieces and eats all of the Seven Gnome for the soul and… okay stop there Amber. It’s sounds really creepy. It isn’t Annabelle movie. Maybe it just overact thought because of effect from that evil smile.’

 

“Okay, tell me what’s this time,” I say a little bit shuttering.

She changes her smile 180 degrees, from evil smile to the cuties one. I just gulp.

“You know, Aaron right?” I nod and she continues with smirk on her face.

 

‘I swear how she is changing her facial expression so suddenly is scary.’

 

“I will have a date with him. Right now, he is on his way. So…” I cut her off immediately.

“Wooo… wooo…. woooo… Hold on princess. What is this about? Are you cheating behind Charles? You know how Charles is if he knows that you do it. He is over… over… overprotective to you.” I say almost sound like I scream in shock. Then she repeats tapping my shoulder till I calm and she nods calmly like she already guess how am I react to this kind situation.

 

‘I know that Charles is her boyfriend for 3 months maybe, he is number 17,18,19,20…. Forget about it. I can’t account anymore how much she has dated boy/man. This isn’t her first time cheat behind his boyfriend’s back maybe I can say that she isn’t in amateur level at all, she is pro. I have to admit, this is one of the other part when the hard headache hit me till I’m dizzy.’

 

She put her cuties smile and begs in chic way. I just shake my head, sign that I don’t want to do it.

The next minute, she already makes her eyes teary, “You know Am, maybe I’m player or something but i have a reason. Charles always busy with his own business. I just…”

I cut her off, again, “Okay… okay I help you. Please don’t cry.” She smiles, she knows well probably too well that I’m weak totally weak when it comes to crying’s thing especially hers. Then, I regret what I decide because in the next minute the teary eyes are gone, she is dancing look like one of Harlem shake dancer. I don’t know. I just sigh.

“Okay, I will call Charles. Just pretend that I spend the whole today with you.” she says in victorious tone. Next minute, she already busy with her phone tries to reach Charles.

 

'Here I am feel the headache and yeah, the hardcore one. I call it the hardcore-headache because she always told all of her boyfriends who are mostly of them become her ex and all her mmmhhh toy maybe that I’m a gay. So they didn’t jealous over me and suspected anything. I’m her savior ticket.'

 

“Everything is alright stupid. Pro is here. Don’t worry” She says smile at me happily.

I just reply her with my annoying dork smile again. Then she continues, “This is way I love you, you are my best buddy slash the perfect partner in crime.”

“You are the criminal one.” I say and grab drink on the coffee table quickly.

“Amb…” she says immediately but too late I spill the milk, again.

“CRAP!”

“And again,” she say and chuckled see my dorky-ness. Krystal gets up from the sofa, “Just answer in usual if Charles call you. Okay, I’m living stupid. Aaron is already in front.” She points her phone and grabs her thing pack to her handbag then left me with kiss on my cheek.

“Be careful darling.” I say in my woman tone and gesture like I make sure her that I still have that talent as her partner in crime.

“Of course my precious savior ticket.” She flips her hair, gives slightly winks and cuties smiles before close the front door.

I feel relieve when She walks out from my sanctuary. But at the same time I smile too when I know that she is happy.

 

I continue my tranquility Saturday in my perfect sanctuary. Switch the channel to ESPN channel and watch the football game. I sip my Americano, this time I make sure grab the correct drink. Then I decide to throw the milk before I drink it for the third times. I throw it in the trashcan. I wonder.

 

‘Why I drink it two times.’ I look the bottle for a while. I hardly shake my head, again. Don’t want to imagine another bad thing that comes again today. I throw it quickly. Then I hear bell in my front door. I walk toward my front door while wondering who is. I open my door, seeing boy who is bring a pack of meals. I just remember that I order meals before she came.

“This is your order sir and here’s the bill, Mr.” He says and hands me the meals and bill.

“Okay wait a minute. I take my wallet.” I say, walking back to my coffee table. But I’m frozen, as I don’t see my wallet on it.

 

‘I’m sure that I put my wallet on it. When I ordered, I put it on this table. Wait! Don’t you dare play a prank, Krystal Jung!’ I close my eyes try to repeat all the scenes before then…'

 

Here there are. Amber pauses his memory when Krystal grabs her thing. He remembers. Then he is shouting really hard makes the fast food-boy jump a bit in shock.

“KRYYYYYSSSSSSSTTTTTAAAAAAALLLLLL!”

 

At the same time in the other part of town.

“What happen Krys?” Aaron asks.

“Nothing. I just kind of hear someone call me.” Krystal answers while slightly holding her left ear.

He looks around, “I think, there’s no one call you.” 

“Maybe, I just a little bit tired.”

“Let’s grab lunch then. Maybe you are hungry. How?” He offers to she. Krystal nods and smiles in chic way, doesn’t seem to bother at all. They continue to walk on the sidewalk. 

Guess, where is Amber’s Wallet?

Who knows that Krystal did it on purpose or not?

 

 

CUT… THANKS TO READ AND PROBABLY SLIGHTLY SMILE (I HOPE HOHOHO).

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, WHATEVER IT IS =)