SOMEWHAT RESTART IS PART OF BEGINNING

MOMENT STORY

Somewhat Restart is Part of Beginning

 

 

Amber Joseph, 34 years old

Krystal Jung, 32 years old

 

Plot:

They meet again, looking for the answer from their past. He’s out from Sona, She stands outside of Sona, not just standing but waiting too, not only today but years before. Exactly like what he has done years ago for her. 

 

Warning:

Contain of smoking act. You can skip if you don’t like it or underage (?).

 

Mac’s Note:

One shot ‘Moment’ which is dominated with a lot of conversation. 

 

===

 

 

Here’s The Moment, 

 

The wind blowing cooly like the weather reporter had said this morning though it was noon, it was predicted accurately. Outside Sona, Krystal was waiting inside the black car. The clock was ticking away, it should be right now. 

 

Where he is? She fell to her depth of thought. 

 

The scene from her past memories ran though every nerve inside her brain, bringing all the pain that she had carried through years, not only pain but guilty. She let the deep breath, smiled in bitter. As she could remember, years before, she was the star. The brightest star in her colleagues, she would deny that she loved it. Ultimate achievement, yes that quite described her hard work through those years but… when she finally stood on the peak of her carrier, suddenly the unrighteous verdict brought her down, clashed their life in intangibly. 

 

The truth was, the unrighteous verdict vanished his life badly, more than hers. 

 

Probably because of it, she felt ominous, imagined that he would change that much. Shooing her presence from his life, it was acceptable. At least that what she thought. 

 

After 10 minutes of delaying, the gate was drifting to open. The sun that hit behind him causing vague scene —kind of silhouette. Krystal narrowed her eyes from the shining light, and she knew, that was Amber, the man that she had been waiting for. 

 

Though it was somewhat big distance between him and her, but she reckoned that he had a smile which was not obviously but she relieved that he did. Like the odd Amber, he wore white long sleeve shirt which was rolled under his elbow and a baggy jeans that didn't know how still looked good on him, though in old days Krystal really hated it. There wasn't huge difference after years had gone by, except for his black hair which was little bit longer and messy.

 

He was trudging after Sona proclaimed Amber to get his life back. And for 100% of her bet, she knew that he approaching. 

 

Krystal prepared herself, arranging a good speech to greet him. Her mind advised to start with sorry —kind of apologise, when her heart suggested running to him, giving an idea to create such as dramatical scene, Armageddon, Note Book —Pearl Harbour? She couldn't decide. 

 

When she was too busy, plotting —scheming the whole dramatical scene that she built, Amber already stood next to the car, knocking the window pane. She slight jumped from her seat, shock. Maintaining her breath, she opened the window pane quickly. 

 

“Oh,” He said quickly kind of shock. After all the pretty good scene that already stacking in her script, she realised that what she had done was out of the script, probably the stupid act that she chose. In fact, it wasn't in checklist options of her dramatical plots —schemes. 

 

“Dam… Uhm, I’m sorry.” She said in confuse and nervous. Honestly she wanted to shouted cuss to herself for the stupid act that she had had. All of this was out of her line. 

 

Amber chuckled, he knew what was on her mind. In his laid back voice and signature smile, he said, “It’s okay. Too much sorry that I’ve heard from you.”

 

It was astonished, too astonished at least for herself. Knowing how much pain that he had been through the years, and now, he could displayed that lovely smile that she had been missing. It was too much, and she wanted to cry so badly. Her defence wall warned her to take it cool, she dimmed her tears and maintained not to fall  though just one single tears. 

 

He said casually, “Can I get a ride or —?”

 

“Yes, absolutely yes…” The unfinished phrase that full of nervous just abandoned when Amber already walked around to the passenger seat, and she whispered, “I’ll love too.”

 

===

 

The miles kept on rolling as those wheels ran smoothly on the road. Krystal drove the car in silent, sinking into her mind. Amber stared through the window pane and opened it. As it drifting rolled down, wind spread across inside. Krystal sideswiped from her shoulder with curious look. 

 

“Mind?” 

 

Smile swiped the curios look, she did the same, rolling down the window pane, letting the wind touched their face. 

 

“Do you have plan?” Krystal asked in clueless. Somehow it was pointless since he just came out from Sona. 

 

“Nope! Should I?” Amber questioned in cocky. 

 

“No thanks.” She answered like she used to, sharp, simple and straight to point. Amber grinned as sinked his head on the rest-head of passenger seat. Krystal offered, “Mind if  we go to that place?” 

 

“Never do mind.” He displayed his dorky smile whilst she rolled her eyes.

 

===

 

It almost 2 hours after they driving the car, somewhat it felt really tired. Krystal unfastened her seat belt. She already opened to ask Amber when she realised that he had gone. 

 

When she got off from the car, she couldn't hold her meek smiles. Amber already ran through the sand like a child, somehow he untied his shoes and threw it in sloppy way. But he didn't seem really care, still and all, burst all his excitement. Feeling the officially freedom as free man.

 

His eyes never seemed tired to see the scenery. The wave that was rolling in mid tempo,  cool, pledge and secure. The smell of sea salt that ran through his nose, and how the sands played part between his bare foot. He liked, loved it too much. He stretched his arm, scooping those fresh air as much as  he wants. At the end he fell himself, sprawling on the white sand and staring at the blue sky. 

 

“Satisfy, huh?” Krystal asked in scorn as she stood above his head, looking on him. 

 

“Very! Love this so much Krys.” He said still lying on the sand whilst Krystal sat down next to him. Putting down her shoes next to her. 

 

About a minutes, there was silent, no conversation, no talking, no movement. It didn't mean that they didn't want to talk. Krystal gazed at Amber. She knew that Amber still on his own never-never land. Unstoppable observed the beach, wandering his past memory —one of the kind his precious memories. This beach, was the first place where Amber and Krystal had met years ago before she became a star. 

 

Krystal gave the time to him, as much as he needs. She didn't mind, obviously she had to ‘do not mind.’ 

 

“It’s never change, isn’t it?” Amber talked as he leaning on the sand by his elbows. Looking through the wave that still kept on rolling. Krystal didn't say anything, she analysed what he mean. Amber added the phrase, “Nor the beach or —you?”

 

She shook her head effortlessly, “Change is absolute, depends on the chasm.” She stared at the blue sky while Amber remained silent, the scene was so nearly dramatic. Like the lead actor of movie that starting the reunion with all moving —sentimental phrase. 

 

But unfortunately, it was Amber, he wasn't the actor. Maybe Krystal seemed to lose his identity for a while, sinking on her deep thought. The dramatical scene was tore as Amber laughed. Krystal said, mingling between scowl and mock, “Sorry, did I do joke Mr. Joseph?”

 

“Not at all Ms. Jung! Love this Jung.” He said, atoning her irk. It was so Krystal, remaining the old days that she taught him the meaning of life in her own way —flooding his mind with her philos phrase which was sometime sounded boring extend to weird. Somehow, he found that modelling didn't fit her at all, philosopher or motivator was. 

 

She said chicly, “I knew and still know. ”

 

“So?” He simply asked. She furrowed her eyebrow in question. Didn't have any clue where his question led the conversation. Still choosing options on her mind, what would be best answer for this tricky question. Amber smiled and said, “How about your life?”

 

That should’ve been one of the option that was on her mind, but the fact said it wasn’t. It was quite good question but she didn't expect this. She hoped for something else,  but what she could wish for in this kind of situation. 

 

She answered helplessly, “Fine. I do live… uhm like ordinary people, I do ordinary day such a…” 

 

There was a reason that weighed herself to continue her life explanatory. Amber stared at her, waiting for the leftover explanation. She looked down through the sand between her feet, bit her lower lips which reflected she still in midst of remedy. 

 

“And…” Amber put the conjunction as a sign that he was listening. 

 

She needed one deep breath to confess, “And… I have stopped being model.”

 

“Why?!” he stressed the exclamation in shock. That statement had his full attention, he looked at Krystal who avoiding his eyes. 

 

“You know… it’s really hard to hold for something that became part of my sin, unforgiven sin. As your life is broken, I think I don't deserve it. I’m the one who…” 

 

She didn't finish her sentence as she couldn’t do it. There was slight tears that fell from her eyes’ sight. It was too much for her, remaining the old wound that broke his life, precisely because of her.

 

Amber quickly hugged her tightly and whispered in her ears, “Hei hei hei, it wasn't your fault. Don't be so harsh to yourself. I did because I care a lot about you.” She didn't answered, she was sobbing. 

 

Krystal couldn't say anything as she knew his word just to make herself feel better, which wasn’t. How could she feel fine, didn't blame herself when everybody knew what kind of place, Sona was. Seeing Amber lived there for years, made her heart broke into pieces. It was too painful. 

 

“How could you say that?” She whispered helplessly between her sob, burying her face to his neck. 

 

Amber held an answer for a moment then he released in joke, “ Sona isn't that bad I think.” Krystal broke the hug as he bluffed a non sense. She looked at his dark brown eye, didn't really sure it was furious, perplex, hurt, or irritated inside her eyes. 

 

Amber was so nonchalant enough for someone who had undergone in Sona. He took out a pack of cigarette from his shirt pocket, and asked, “Mind?” 

 

Krystal shook her head, and he hard and fast knocked the pack on his left palm. He opened the pack, then with a single light swing from his right hand, one cigarette came out. He clamped it between his lips, and lit the cigarette. 

 

After exhaling the first smoke from the corner of his lips, he looked at Krystal then turned to the wave, “Sona is quite worth place to living anyway.” 

 

Krystal said her disagree, “Don’t try to make me feel better Amb. Sona is slammer. And you got there because of me. I’m the one who…”

 

Amber cut off in cheeky voice, “Why I have to? Don't be so confident Princess.” Causing her face shrank in riddle and perplex. Amber smiled in custody, joking in smug, “Why I have to make you feel better? I say the truth. Yes, Sona is slammer that pretty good enough to live.”

 

“Amber! Stop to fake it. It is hurt me so much.” She shouted in anger. Burying her face on her palms, she cried again. 

 

He pulled Krystal on his chest, and whispered, “What do you want me to do?”

 

There wasn't an answer instead crying sound. Krystal was angry but anger to herself, she was irritated because she couldn't do anything, and she was confuse because she couldn't get the good answer, probably she would never get the good one and she knew about it. She was at the point when she started hating herself. 

 

With the calmest voice, he said, “Here’s the deal. I say everything in honest and after that, both of us have to forget about Sona and the particular thing around it. We have to move on. Restart our live, your own and my own. No more feeling sad and guilty, no hard feeling and no one who in debt. How?” Krystal didn't know how to face his offer, but she nodded at the end. 

 

He inhaled lot of oxygen before he confessed, “Okay, I undergone Sona because of you, I won’t deny.” Before he continued his phrase, Krystal was crying more loudly, and he knew. She didn't stop to brush her eyes as her shoulder trembled. He made his mind, deciding, had to make it clearly, “I do sincere that I don't have any intention to make you better. Like you said before, everything is depended on chasm.” 

 

He lifted his cigarette, smoking between his try-to-be-really-honest phrasal, “So in honest, I say; I don't blame you for whatever that you think you did. I don't regret at all for undergone Sona. Besides, I will be obviously regret if I let you in and I won’t forgive myself if that happen. It’s easier to accept that I’m the one who in.”

 

He pulled out her, making their eyes stared to each other, he said as his final confession, “So…” He shrank his forehead as he tried to find appropriate word which was unprepared, and chose to say, “It’s done.”

 

She had been at the point where she already adored him for the unbelievable adolescents —mature phrasal, and she decided a minute ago to admit it before the stupid Amber tossed it away with his freakish epilogue. At the end he was Amber, the stupid and dorky who lived nonchalant. And now, Krystal shrank her face more than before, mingling between weird and confuse look.   

 

Looking how weird Krystal’s face was, it was nearly sour grimace. He realised that Krystal needed another explanation, it wasn't done, he added, “I mean Sona. It is over, I’m freeman now. You don't owe me anything. I did because of my will not yours. So stop blaming yourself. Face your life like a big girl.”

 

Krystal said in scarcely, brushing the last tears, “But still, I’m sorry Amb.”

 

“Once again, I hear you saying sorry…I, I, I…” He pursed his lips as he hated himself, couldn't find a good word.

 

“I’ll kiss you.” She said as closing her eyes, and landed a soft peck at his lips. She opened her eyes, and said, “Sorry.”

 

Amber blinked his eyes in bobble, frozen. Krystal smiled in bubbly as aware that Amber was blushing. That was her first smile that naturally she had had.

 

“What’s that? Are you 10’s?” She . Amber didn't answer as he felt embarrassed, staring at the white sand that suddenly became so attractive for him. Krystal hugged him and whispered in custody, “Thanks Stupid for everything.”

 

Amber answered, “Me too.” She broke the hug quickly, quickly enough that she didn't realised it. She gazed at him in confuse nearly kind of ‘for what’ look. He clarified in smug, “Because of you, I can taste the Friday’s special menu in Prisonerland.” 

 

She shouted in confuse, mingled with curios, “What’s that?”

 

Amber giggled, put the lopsided grin, “Sona calls it spaghetti, but I call it noodles orange sauce.” His cheesy joke made Krystal laughing so hard. How she laugh pulled him into her circumstance to do the same. He said in jokey, “Because of it, I’m not that regret, couldn't be the Scoldfield.”

 

There was wrinkle in her face, assured, “Michael Scoldfield? The prison break-man?” He nodded, showing his teeth between his smug smile. She chuckled, shoved his shoulder, “Don’t joke around. He’s smarter than you!”

 

He put statement, “Well If I’m as smart as him probably I will escape quickly. But thanks for parole, I got off quickly too.” She stared at him with bitter smiles, maybe still enclosed with her guiltiness. Then he said quickly, trying to change the mood, “Besides, I’ve plenty similarities with him, right? Tattoos without blueprint, name of prison, and I’m handsome, more than him.”

 

“More? Pretty I think!” She corrected in jest. 

 

He said in disagree, “I’m not pretty.”

 

“Yes, you are.” She said, pinched his cheek and ran after. Left him who shouted in pain. Amber got up quickly, chasing for her. 

 

===

 

They sat down on the beach till sunset began to appear. Romantic, that was the word that described the whole circumstance around them. Amber gave his hand as helping Krystal to stand up. Between the line of sands and sea, they were watching the sunset.

 

Actually, instead watching the sunset, Krystal stared at him. He sensed something strange and she smiled in cute pamper, said, “Can you do it again?”

 

“What? Kiss?” He gentle said without blushing cheek, already moved forward.

 

Krystal shoved his shoulder, sending her dead glare,  “No Mr. P*rvert!”

 

“So? What do you want Princess?” He said kind of disappoint but he was fine with it.  

 

Krystal pointed at his pocket and motioned her hand, knocking on her palm. Amber chuckled and took out his pack of cigarette. He redone his old trick that she liked, her eyes sparkled like a little girl who saw magic show. It was part of Amber’s trick to attract Krystal when he had approached her for the first time in that beach. 

 

As he lit the cigarette, Krystal turned her head, seeing the sunset. While Amber inhaled  smoke and said, “I want to restart everything from begin.”

 

Krystal looked at him, and they exchanged look, “I mean for everything. My life, your life and our dream. I still want to  be songwriter, and you have to continue your career, be a model. You told me when we have met here, declaring as our promise.”

 

Krystal nodded. The dream became the substantive issue for right now, since he couldn't reach his dream after sacrificing himself to cover her sin. And for herself, model was her eternal desire. It was pretty good timing to restart the dream, walking along together like the old days. Never tired to run as catching the dream. 

 

But She had to admit that there was disappointment when he only pointed those thing, she wondered if he didn't know, pretend or officially forget about her. She didn't know, Then her heart pushed herself to ask, making clear statement for them. She collected courage to ask.

 

As clearing , she asked scarcely almost sounded mutter, “Amb, how about us? Could we restart us?” Amber furrowed his black eyebrow, throwing an act as he tried hard to think about it. Krystal pursed her lips, scowled, “Never mind!”

 

Amber grinned in satisfy, he said, “Honestly, I can’t drop that issue easily. I still love you but it’s just too fast for us, isn't it? If you don't mind, can we take it slow?”

 

“I don’t mind Stupid.” She said chicly. “Just note, I’ll queue as your want to be girlfriend.” It was too obvious, juxtaposing Amber in blank, causing no response. Krystal seemed really vex, she muttered, “I pass out my pride to say that, and you don't say anything. How rude it is.” Amber shook in conscious, almost heard all her complaint. He smiled in dorky, she passing dirty look at him and talking in sharply, “I never get used to be rejected.”

 

Amber laughed so hardly, she was cute nearly gorgeous for someone who did such a weird complexion act. And Krystal? She smiling, and it was more than good reason for Krystal throwing her arms around his neck and pulled him for sudden kiss. It was real kiss, not the simple kiss like a peck. Not really sure who deepened the kiss, but they were into. And it was more than good reason for Amber to restart his whole new life after proclaimed himself as Sona’s ex-prisoner. 

 

It wasn’t a simple issue, nor past or present, both of, was wound that so painful to remain. They knew. But, it wasn't bad at all to restart from beginning. They had passed the most bitter and sweet moment together, and for once more, it was fine, redoing all along.  

 

Let the wound healing as the time passed by.

 

Walking along through the beach, restarted their whole new life,

 

It was good, pretty good restart. 

 

===

 

THANKS TO READ =)

FEELS FREE TO COMMENT WHATEVER IT IS…

 

The Bluffing (?) Note:

Plotting chapter 11 as different moment, but in MOMENT STORY, I always give the space and option for you guys. You can imagine this, as extended or sequel or whatever you want to say from chapter 8. 

Whatever you like. HOHOHO…

 

By the way, just clarifying, Sona is fictional prison that credit to ‘Prison Break Series —Season 3. So does Michael Scoldfield.’