- 11 -

Colourful World

You

“How is this even possible?”

“We can’t stay here forever…”

“This isn’t right!” Strange sentences and pieces of conversations rushed through your dream as you slowly began to wake up. Before your eyes were a lot of different shades of colours and sometimes there were even faces to be seen but you couldn’t tell who they belonged to. “Oh… is she waking up?” a familiar voice asked what made you decide to open your eyes. It was hard and everything was blurred at first, but when you finally managed it to see clearly, four pairs of eyes were staring at you. A scream escaped your mouth from shock and faster than you would expect it from yourself, you were sitting straight in the bed and pressed yourself against the cold wall behind you. “Wow, wow, calm down! It’s just us!” Lay said with a calming voice, big eyes and raised hands. You looked between the faces, but the only ones you remembered were Jongin and Lay himself. “Just US?? Funny! I know you and Jongin, but who are these two?!” you asked and pointed at the strangers. “Oh please! Learn to respect a prince with blue blood!” One of the strangers said and crossed his arm, while the other stranger shot him a death glare. “Suho, she doesn’t know you! We told you already, she’s not an inhabitant of the coloured planets, she can’t know who you are!” Lay explained and an expression of knowledge came on the strangers face. The other stranger who’s eyes were quite pretty, meanwhile sighed. “Typical… However, I am sorry we scared you. My name is Tao. I am from the white planet. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said, grabbed your hand gently and placed a kiss on it, what made you feel quite uncomfortable but on the same time it was a nice gesture. You felt yourself blushing and quickly looked down on your lap to cover your red cheeks with your long hair. “My name is Suho. I am the prince of the blue nation. Please forgive me my stupid behaviour just now, sometimes, I must admit, I am a little forgettable.” Suho explained with a shy smile and reached out his hand to shake yours. As you heard the word ‘prince’ your body reacted from itself and you couldn’t help but bowed your head a bit while shaking hands, just out of respect. “I like her already! She knows how to behave right in front of important people!” Suho said proudly and everyone else just rolled their eyes. You slowly relaxed yourself as you noticed that no one of them was dangerous for you at all. At the moment you moved your legs, your knee hurt once again and you winced out of pain. “Are you alright?” Lay immediately asked with wide eyes and looked at your bandaged knee. With shaking fingers you slowly took off the bandages and saw the sore wound. Fortunately it wasn’t dirty or anything like that because of Jongin’s first aid but still, it was swollen and on the wound the blood was dried in a dark red. “Ouch… let me take a look at that…” Lay said and kneeled in front of your knee, looking at it with serious eyes. “When did this happen?” he asked and gently over the wound. Even that small touch hurt and you jumped a bit, what made him stop in one second. “I… I think yesterday? Maybe two days ago. I can’t remember…” you answered. “No problem for doctor Suho!” the blue prince suddenly interrupted, pushed Yixing aside and placed himself in front of you. With wide eyes you watched, as Suho closed his eyes, took a deep breath and his hand began to glow in a light, shining blue. Gently, he laid his hand on your wound and breathed out slowly. While he did so, you felt how his hand was cooling and the pain faded away. You were amazed of what he had done when his hand stopped glowing and he let go of you. The wound was completely gone and you could move your leg without any pain. “Oh my… god! How did you do that?!” You asked and turned your leg from one side to the other, not believing what had just happened. Suho just laughed and blew his fingers, as if it was a gun. “That’s the blue power, my dear. I can heal wounds if I want to.”

“Tch, I could have done so as well.” Lay disrupted the prince with crossed arms. Everyone looked at him in surprise. “You could WHAT? That’s not possible? Blue inhabitants are the only ones who can heal!” Suho answered with confusion but Yixing shook his head. “Nope, wrong. You have no idea what our purple power can do. It’s a mixture of blue and red. That means, either I can heal people or kill them with poison.” Lay explained. “That’s... wow. That brings me to some entire new knowledges!” Suho said amazed and seemed to be in deep thoughts right after. Meanwhile, you didn’t understand anything. “Guys… can you explain me this whole thing now please?” you asked and in the blink of an eye, all the attention was back on you. “Sure! What do you want to know?” Jongin immediately said, got himself the chair he always sit on and placed himself beside the bed. All the others sat either on the floor, on the table or beside me on the bed. “So… I already know there are 11 planets and I know which colours they have, but…what kind of power does each of this colour have?” “Good question! So, as you can see, right now we are on the brown planet and I am one of the brown inhabitants. The brown power is quite different. Sometimes it’s helpful but most of the time just to play around. We can build any weapon we want, so it’s good in wars or fights. On the other hand, we can build up illusions. If you want to see any place, just tell me and I will bring it up for you.”

“Interesting… can you show me my home?” you asked with wide eyes. “Sure. Give me your hand. You need to imagine that place so I know how it looks, then I can reflect it. I can only make illusions from places I have seen before or seen in someone else head.” You nodded and gave your hand to Jongin. Quickly you closed your eyes and remembered every detail. Jongin’s hands were warm and his touch made your skin prickle a bit. “Okay, open your eyes and see.” You heard him saying and did it. It was unbelievable. Your entire room from your home was there. You sat on your own bed and even the others could see it. It was your own bed you were sitting on and you could even grab your favourite teddy bear you had since you were one year old. You stood up, opened the closet and saw all of your clothes inside. “Wow… I am speechless…” you whispered. You wanted to look outside the window but when you opened the curtains, the outside wasn’t your garden but something what looked like you were underwater. Under brown water. Confused, you looked at Jongin, who just showed you a sad smile. “That’s the point. You only thought of your room, not at the garden. I can only build as much as you show me.” He explained and with that words, the illusion faded like fog in the morning and the real surroundings were there again. A little wave of homesickness overwhelmed you but you didn’t let anyone see. “Okay, next colour!” you said while sitting back on the bed. “The purple power you already know, so I suppose it’s my turn now. I can either heal small wounds, as you could feel or make a whip out of my blue blood as a weapon.” Suho explained. I formed an “Oh” with my mouth, trying to imagine that whip. “As you already heard it, I am from the white planet. With the white power you can either let sharp, little drops rain from the sky, build up flying grounds like hovering platforms and you can see the approximate position of any human.” Tao told you and you listened like a little kid who’s getting a good night story told. “Beside our colours there also is Red. This power floats out of cuts or wounds on your skin and you can form it into toxic stars which are able to kill another person when you hit the right places. Or you just burn their skin till it’s gone. But that’s not everything. If you want to use the red power for the good, you can also use it to grow plants. Strange, right?” Jongin explained and laughed a bit at the last part. “That’s amazing… what else?”

“Well, there is also the colour green. This colour comes out of the earth. It’s like a liquid which can either be toxic to others or give the one who’s using it extreme strength.” Tao said and bowed his arm, as if showing his muscles. A little this reminded you of Hulk, but you were sure they wouldn’t know this super hero from your home planet, so you kept your mouth shut. “Grey also is one of the powers. With grey you can form your own armour. It lays around your body like a second skin but is unbelievable hard and strong. Nearly nothing could break it.” Suho said and you imagined a human body completely covered in grey. “As you might have thought of it already, orange is also one of the powers. The owner of this power forms small, orange balls in his hands and can either throw it on other people or eat them. If the owner throws them, there is no effect at first, but after some time, the colour will burn you inside out. If the owner of the colour eats the orange balls, he is going to be very, very fast. Like a lightning. You can barely see him or her then.” Lay told me with big eyes and I listened in awe and fear at the same time. “What you might not think of is the colour turquoise. It’s special. With that power one can bring up a storm out of nowhere. A storm full of small, icy drops that will cut your body in tiny pieces. Or, if the owner wants to use the storm, one can travel a few meters or kilometres with it. That depends on how strong the storm is.” Tao said. You couldn’t really imagine that storm but immediately needed to think of a hurricane, just a hundred times worse. “I guess the yellow colour you already saw in action. Sehun is one of the owners of this colour. With that, he can blind people, teleport himself and even see the thoughts and feelings of other people. Also he can make things unbreakable, as you saw it already. This power is just… very hard to control, so it takes a lot of practice until you get to do all the things. That’s also why most of the owners of the yellow colour mostly let it untouched and just live without it.” Lay explained to me and I nodded, thinking of the walls that Sehun had built around the hut. “The last colour you don’t know yet is pink. This colour is very rare because it’s mostly for self-protection and not that much used. People with that power can cover the entire body in pink spikes which protect oneself. Also one can throw these spikes at other people which hurt, of course. But, yeah, since I already said, it’s nearly vanished since most people don’t need to be protected anymore.” Kai explained, leaning against the desk.

When he finished, all eyes were darted onto me and I just didn’t know what to say. Nothing beside one question. “So… if one person would contain all of these powers and colours… then that person could do all of these things?” I asked and just saw the boys shrugging. “Honestly, we have no idea. Since there hasn’t ever been anyone who can control all of the powers, it is possible, but not proved yet.” Suho says and earned a sigh from me. “Oh! Guys, we forgot one colour!” Jongin suddenly busted out and raised one finger. “You are right! We forgot the most dangerous one!” Tao added and made a worried expression. You thought of all the colours already mentioned and wondered what colour it could be. Until your eyes fell on Tao and thought of his opposite. “… it’s black, right?” you asked and all eyes darted on you again. Lay nodded slowly and Suho let out a sigh while a sad expression spread out on Tao’s face. You couldn’t really say what else laid in his eyes, but it reminded you of pain. “Black power. You heard it already, it’s the most dangerous one. But not only that, it’s also the most powerful one. Only a few people are able to control it and the ones who could, mostly fear it and don’t use it. With black, you are able to let black holes appear. They can make things fade in them and never get back or also make things appear out of nowhere.”

“So this is where black holes come from!” you said with wide eyes and Tao nodded in approval. A moment of silence followed and everyone seemed to be in their own world, even you yourself. That was a bunch of information you got there and it brought up more questions than answers. “And what about me? Do I have like… all colours at the same time then?” you broke the silence. “Actually yes, you just can’t use it yet. At least that’s what the legend says. When the right time comes, you will feel the powers in your body and be able to use them. Just how… we also don’t know. Maybe that’s something you need to find out by yourself.” Lay answered and you automatically looked down on your hands, imagining all the colours in them and the how the powers could feel like.