- 8 - Different Colour

Colourful World

You

You ran, without knowing where to go. This world which was so unfamiliar to you was scary as the plants and unknown animals flashed by your watering eyes. After some minutes of running you were totally out of breath and needed to stop. It was slowly getting dark in this world and the trees which leaves were of a piercing yellow before were now only glowing damped. You looked around yourself, only to see that you were totally lost and didn’t know where you should go in this new world. So many questions were in your mind. You head was aching, not only from a lack of sleep and exhaustion but also because of this things happening.

Who am I really? Where am I know? Where is this place? Can I go back home? What is even going on?! You asked this questions to yourself in a continuous loop and the more you thought about it, the more you wanted to just lie down and cry your heart out.

With a deep breath, you reminded yourself to stay strong, think clearly and NOT flip! Now with slower steps you walked straight forward, always in the same direction, hoping to find some life wherever you were. The light was getting lower with every second and soon you could barely see your own hand in front of your eyes. Also, the air was getting colder and you felt how you got goose bumps on your arms. Slightly shivering, you continued walking. The later it got, the more strange animals seemed to appear and you heard them screaming, roaring and singing but couldn’t say if you knew these animals. Just when you heard a very load sound, which reminded you of a lions roar, your heart made a jump and you lost your composure. With the shock in your bones, you ran again, through the dark woods which led you nowhere as you only saw shadows around you. Till now, you had never believed in god or any other higher force who would look after you, but now you prayed to whoever did so you would stay alive. Just when tears started to blur your already miserable sight, you stumbled over a branch and fell down on the floor, hurting your knee. Without caring about it, you stood up again and humbled along with the pain getting worse with every step.

Just when you were about to give up, the trees around you suddenly seemed to get fewer and you could see a little pond between them. With a feeling of hope in your chest, you used your last energy to run there. The closer you got, the more you saw that over the pond was a yellow-green fog which looked more scary than welcoming. Then, finally you left the woods behind you but luck seemed to not be by your side. The pond was abandoned, not a single soul was around and it the only thing you saw behind it were more trees. You sank down on your knees and allowed yourself to shed some tears in silence. You were alone, it was cold, scary and dark and nobody was here to help you.

“God, why does this happen to me?” you asked yourself, wiping away the tears from your cheeks. You were about to give up, just lie down against some tree and hope that somebody would find you, when you suddenly saw something strange. On the right side of the pond, which was covered by a big rock, you saw something glittering on the water. It looked like a source of light would shine on the water. With shaking legs, you walked up to it, right into the dark water. When the water reached your hurt knee, you felt the pain sharper than before but didn’t care about it. Slowly, you walked around the big rock, feeling how some water plants or whatever wriggled around your feet. You didn’t even want to know what kind of fish or plants were in here so you forced yourself to just look at the light. Behind the rock, a strange yet beautiful sight showed up. Right above the water was a blue-turquoise light hovering and reflecting on the dark water. You walked closer to it, completely lost in the sight of this magical light. Somehow it seemed familiar to you, but you didn’t know where you could have seen it already. Your heart was pounding fast in your chest as you reached out your hand to touch it. You expected it to hurt you again or to feel somehow soft but instead, your hand went right through the light. Shocked, you withdrew your hand and squinted your eyes. There was nothing to see behind the light but you were sure there must be something. And then, you remembered where you saw this light already. The guy who brought you into this world had it with him. Through such a door of light, you came here. A flood of hope spread out in your chest and you could only think of going home. Without thinking about possible risks, you went through the light. It surrounded your entire body, a warm wind fleeted around your arms and legs and then it let you fall down on a hard ground. With closed eyes you lay there for a moment, being happy about being on planet earth again but your happiness was crashed down soon. When you opened your eyes, you had a light brown sky above you with chocolate brown clouds on it.

Damn it! Where am I now?!

You sat up and looked around. This world was completely different. You were sitting at the corner of a cornfield but the corn didn’t have this usual corn colour, no, it had different shades of brown.

“Uhm… hello?” a male voice kept you from screaming and shouting out of frustration. You turned your head, just to see a pretty handsome guy in casual clothes coming up to you.

“Oh, hello!” you said and quickly stood up from the ground, trying to not look too stupid.

“You... look a little lost. Can I help you?” he asked when he stood only a few steps away from you.

“Well, actually… I am lost.” You admitted what made him rise his eyebrows.

“Oh, uhm, well, I live here so maybe I can help you.”

“I don’t think so… except you know how I can get back to my planet.” You answered and lowered your head.

“I see, you don’t travel often by using light portals, do you? Has nobody told you that you only need to think of the colour your planet has and you will arrive there?” he asked and pointed with his hand to the portal.

“Actually I have never been going through such a light thing and well, my planet has every possible colour so… how?!” you asked and raised your hands. The stranger reacted with big eyes and gasped. He looked around as if he would be scared somebody could hear your conversation and then came closer to you until your arms touched. “How did you come here?” he asked you now in a low voice. “Uhm… through that portal there.” You said and looked at the shining light beside you but he guy just shook his head.

“No, I mean, how did you get to the colour planets?”

“Oh you mean that. Somebody kidnapped me.” You answered, also only whispering. You felt how the stranger’s body tensed and could see how he bit down on his teeth. “Okay, come with me. Don’t worry, I am not one of the guys who want to kidnap you.” He said, grabbed your hand and pulled you behind him.

After some minutes of walking through fields and woods, you reached cave under the ground, which was covered with leaves and grass. The guy who’s name you didn’t know till now whipped all the things away and opened the ‘door’ for you, showing you with his hand to go in. He didn’t say anything all the way here and now expected you to go under the ground after you got kidnapped. Of course you hesitated and your brain told you to run away but he looked like he would be faster than you so you didn’t try.

“Trust me. I will help you.” The guy said as he noticed your hesitation and you gave up, going inside. After you reached the bottom of the ladder, which brought you deeper under the ground, you saw that he had a little home here. There was a messy bed, a table with two chairs, a shelf with bins of food in it and a bucket with fresh water beside it.

“Sorry that it’s so messy, I didn’t expect to get visited. Make yourself comfortable, I will get something for your knee.” He said. Just now you noticed that your knee was completely open and the blood had run over your leg. You sat down on the bed and allowed yourself to breathe through for some minutes while the stranger searched for a first aid kit behind the ladder. He came back with a bandage, cream, alcohol and the bucket with water in his hands.

“Before we start, my name is Jongin.” He said and reached out his hand for you to shake it.

“Ji-Sun, nice to meet you.” You replied and he smiled at you.

“Okay Ji-Sun. You better lie down and get the pillow to grab because this might hurt now.” Jongin said and before you could ask why it would hurt, he started cleaning the wound with alcohol and a loud scream escaped your mouth.


Hello there~ Panda here ^^

So this is the 8th chapter of colourful world and i am really happy i finally got to write another chapter :)

I feel like this story is getting more interesting the longer it goes, but i am not so sure... 

what do you think about it? Is it good?