- 6 - Breaking out

Colourful World

You

You sat on that old bed and watched the leaves of the trees outside. They were of a strange yellow, so clear and bright that they nearly blinded you with their colour. That suspicious guy who didn’t want to tell you his name stared at you all the time and a wrinkle built up between his eyebrows. He must be very concentrated when he’s still closing the doors and windows just with his power. You didn’t know for how long you were already sitting here or for how long you have been gone already but you were pretty sure it was over an hour already.

Suddenly, a loud sound could be heard, like, as if something was vibrating and even the guy on the chair jumped at the unforeseen sound. For a moment, you could see the yellow glow around the door and the windows flickering. When the young man saw that you noticed this, he immediately concentrated on his power again and the yellow glow got steady again but faded away after a few seconds. So his power is low when he’s not concentrating…

The man grabbed into his jeans pocket and got out a mobile phone from the inside. So this is what was vibrating there. You heard a stifled voice at the phone and watched how the wrinkle between the guy’s eyebrows got deeper. With every simple “Mhm”, “Yes”, and “Okay” he answered, he seemed to get more stressed. Then, he put his mobile phone back inside and looked at you while biting his lower lip. What was he thinking about? In the end, he stood up and brushed off the dust on his jeans.

“Well, seems like I will need to leave you alone here for a little while.” He said in the end, looking at you with a straight face. A slight thought of hope popped up in your mind when you heard this. Maybe this was your chance to get out of here. “Don’t worry, of course you are save here and won’t get out either.” He added and killed your hope. He stepped in the middle of the room, closed his eyes and clenched his fists.

After two deep breaths, you saw how his veins began to glow under his milky white skin and his hands began to shake a little. That shaking got harder after a few seconds and you could feel the floor vibrating under your feet. It felt like an earthquake would come up but just when you were about to get scared, this magical yet strange moment faded away. In the blink of an eye the vibrating stopped and his veins stopped glowing as well. When you looked at his face you could see a satisfied smile. “Okay, I guess this should be enough for now. You shouldn’t come out of here. If you are hungry, feel free to eat the food in the fridge there and if you need to go for little legends, there is the toilet.” He explained, pointed behind him to the fridge and to the second door that led to a little room with a toilet and a washbasin which didn’t look really hygienic. You looked back at him when you saw something bright from the corner of your eye and the last thing you saw was a bright light that surrounded his body. Then, he was gone.

What the… this is so freaky…!

As soon as you were sure that he was gone you jumped up from the bed and sprinted to the first window. When you wanted to touch it, a dangerous yellow glow appeared but that didn’t stop you from touching it. That was definitely the wrong decision because you got a little electric shock what made you whine from pain. “Ouch! Damn!” you cursed. A sigh of frustration escaped your mouth. You just wanted to go back home and forget all of this. The situation was still like a bad dream and you couldn’t believe that anything of this was really happening. Still, you didn’t give up that easy. You tried your luck at the door but stopped when the colour warned you. At the second window it was just the same. Then, you got another idea and picked up the chair. You took a deep breath, put all of your strength together and threw the chair against the window as hard as possible but it didn’t help. The only thing that got broke was the chair’s leg. With another – but now louder – sight of frustration you let yourself fall back down on the bed.

“I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE!!” you shouted “LET ME OUT”. You turned your head to the old, dusty mirror that hung on the wall and asked yourself if your eyes were blue or rainbow coloured now. That question made you stand up again and you walked there to find the answer. You looked at your own self in front of you and noticed your eyes were rainbow coloured. The next thing you saw was that your hair was a total mess by now. No wonder since you had such a troublesome day behind you. You looked done, sad, tired and… hungry. A quick glance to the fridge made your stomach grumble and your body reacted before your mind. Slowly you made your way there and opened the fridge door before you busted out in loud laughter. The fridge was empty. Was he being serious? Well, you walked back to the mirror and watched your eyes more. Maybe, you thought, you had a special power, too. At least they saw you as a legend and as a legend you should have some powers, right?

You got closer to the mirror and brushed off the dust from it where your eyes were so that you could look deep into your own eyes. Every time you saw yellow shining through all the colours, you tried to concentrate on it and to make it stop swimming around like it was oil on water. You tried your best to grab this colour and not letting it go. Slowly, your practicing really showed an effect. The colour showed up more often and stayed even longer. After some time, you didn’t know for how long exactly you tried this, you managed it to shade your iris nearly completely in yellow. Just then, you closed your eyes and tried to feel any kind of power but nothing happened. The only feeling you got was some kind of burn under your eyelids. You opened your eyes again but got disappointed. Your eyes were in that simple bright blue without any other colours. Great. But you didn’t give up that easily.

There must be another way out! This hut didn’t look like it could fall apart from just a deer running against it for nothing. You were sure that guy just looked after the door and the windows but walls and floor should be unsaved. You just needed to find a way how to break it. Wide awake you looked around once again, searching for something that could help you when you saw a loose board on the floor. You knew you didn’t have much time left so you quickly went there and bent down, grapping the piece of wood. With all your strength you pulled at it and really, it broke and a little hole was in the floor now. That was your chance! You pulled out all the other boards around that little hole until you got a gap in the floor that was just as big as you. The next step was to get through the ground. But how? That was a hard question without having a spade or anything like that. You looked at the table. A spoon won’t help you here. Nothing in this room could help you, except for the leg of this broken chair.

You grabbed it and started aerating the ground with it. When this was done, you used your bare hands to get the earth out of the hole. This process you repeated for several times. Your hands were getting ice cold and began to hurt but you didn’t care about it now. All you could think of was that this guy could come back every second and you didn’t know if he would hurt you or anything if he saw that you were trying to escape from here. It felt like you were digging that hole for hours when you suddenly saw a little beam of light coming through.

Yes! I made it!


Finally got to write another chapter ^^ 

What do you guys think of the fanfic so far? Please leave a comment, i am really curious :)

See you soon in the next chapter ;)

- Panda