- 7 - Black

Colourful World

Kyungsoo

Just a few hours after Sehun managed it to bring the legend to him, Kyungsoo got a call from an unknown number. When he picked it up and the dark voice told him to come to the black planet’s castle in two days, he knew who had called him. It was Wu Yi Fan, the King of the black planet and the most dreaded person on the colourful planets. This man, at the age of only 24, was the reason the first war started between the planets and at that time, he had been just 19. Kyungsoo was afraid of that meeting but on the same time, he couldn’t wait for it. When he told Sehun, his accomplice about it, the boy got wide eyes and stared at him in shock. “Are you sure you want to go and meet him?” the young man asked Kyungsoo. 

“Well, either I go or I will get into trouble… or more, WE get into trouble.” Kyungsoo answered him while turning the glass of wine in his hands. With this words, he made his point clear that they would need to go together. 

Like he planned it, Sehun got to Kyungsoo after two days. They made sure that Ji-Sun was locked up in the old hut and could escape. Then, they opened their own gate with what they travelled in the blink of an eye to the black planet. Arriving there, they needed a moment to get used to the atmosphere. Both of them had never been on his dark planet before and were amazed about the surroundings now. The clouds above the sky were dark and seemed to press down on the earth. They were in the middle of a big city and even thought it was day, the light here was only a dark gloom. The houses seemed empty and without any living inside them. This city would have looked like a ghost town if there wouldn’t be people walking around. Surprisingly, these people were smiling, laughing and walking around like normal people on other planets. You would have thought that everyone who’s living at such a place is pretty depressive and thinks about suicide, but that was totally not the case. They were happy, or in a totally normal mood, what you wouldn’t expect at all. The only strange thing – everyone was wearing black clothes. There was not a single happy colour in this world. Everything was held in black or at least dark grey. The only lights that shone here came from lanterns, but this light was so small that it only helped a little. Suho’s eyes wandered from the dark street over the roofs and met something very scary. The castle. Just like everything else here, its walls were completely black and it was so high that the dark, big clouds seemed to eat it up.

“And I need to ask you again. Are you really sure?” Sehun asked as he followed Kyugnsoo’s eyes and watched the castle with suspicious eyes. Kyungsoo just nodded and began walking. Everyone who went past by them, looked at them weirdly, as if they were aliens from another world. It was because of their clothes. They both wore dark clothes, of course, but still with some colours in it. Kyungsoo for example wore a dark blue jacket and Sehun’s shoes were of a bloody red and had white soles what was the most conspicuous thing here. Some people just looked, others started whispering and there were even a few who stopped right in place and looked as shocked as if they were wild animals who would have escaped from a zoo. Kyugnsoo bit down on his teeth, trying to ignore their stares. He had always hated such humans and tried to suppress the anger which rose up in his body. He felt some kind of relief as they slowly came closer to the castle and the streets got emptier here. The humans seemed to avoid the castle, as if it was something toxic that would kill them if they got too close to it. Only a few homeless were leaning against walls and old houses. The closer they got to it, the worse the city looked. In the end, there were only broken houses and forgotten pieces of walls and playgrounds. This part looked really like a ghost town and Kyugnsoo couldn’t help but wondered what happened here that the town looked like this – right in front of the castle!

When they reached the front doors, there were no guards at all. Not even soldiers were there. Nobody would notice that Sehun and Kyungsoo arrived there and there was no way to get inside or even knock at the door. Sehun gave Kyungsoo a look and he shrugged his shoulders. Just when he opened his mouth and wanted to shout something, the door made a creaking sound and slowly opened.

“Well, that was easy.” Sehun mentioned and took the first step inside. There was only one way they could go and that lead them across a long bridge. Left and right was neither a railing, nor a rope or anything else they could hold on. It was just a bridge and right under them a big river. Kyungsoo squinted his eyes, looking closer at the dark water. It seemed very dangerous and let him think of death immediately. For just a second he thought he saw the silhouette of a giant fish swimming in the river, but it was too short to be sure, so he blamed his imagination for that. The next thing he noticed were the walls of the castle. From far away, they looked as if they were just black but now he saw that there were thousands of silver tendrils on it with small and big roses. On the tendrils were lots of thorns which looked on the same time beautiful and ugly.

“This place is so strange…” Sehun suddenly broke the silence, watching the small windows and the spires. From here, one could see the top of the castle spires but still there was a black fog around them, at every inch of the building.

“Yes… there is something mysterious yet dangerous on it. I wonder how it looks inside.” Kyungsoo answered. When they reached the front doors of the castle, it opened from itself once again and they stepped in hearing nothing but their own steps on the floor. They looked around in this dark room. It was strangely silent in there and not one single human soul was inside. The atmosphere was oppressive and it felt like the castle itself would be living. Inside here, the walls were also black while the columns, the stairs and the windows were silver. On the columns were the same tendrils as on the walls outside. The floor was made of stone and had a diamond pattern, also held in black and dark silver. Kyungsoo could see his own, dark reflection on the ground when he looked down. As if nobody every walked on this floor…

“Do you like the darker side of yourself?” a voice suddenly asked. Both, Sehun and Kyungsoo looked up to the balcony right in the middle of the wall in front of them and they met eyes with Yi Fan. He was dressed in a black and silver suit, matching with his castle. Kyungsoo was so confused from this question that he didn’t know what to say at first.

“Well, I would say we like the dark side anyways.” Sehun said, before Kyungsoo could stop him. That comments made Yi Fan giggle, what surprised Kyungsoo a lot. He had expected him to be angry or bitter but that man wasn’t like that at all. Even thought everything was held in black and even the people on the streets had black hair – the king’s hair was of a fair blond.

“Come up here, we need to talk.” The king suddenly said in a strong voice. Both, Kyungsoo and Sehun wanted to go to the stairs but stopped when they felt something moving under their feet. Looking down, they noticed that the floor under their feed got coloured in black. It was not a normal black. It looked like the darkest black that was possible to see and was so strange that it confused them. Kyungsoo quickly looked up to Yi Fan and saw how his hands were glowing black. The black king smirked and then, Kyungsoo and Sehun got lifted up in the speed of a lightning. It made both of them feel dizzy at this speed but before they could even scream, they found themselves on the balcony were Yi Fan was standing.

“Follow me. I will show you the way.” The king said with another smirk and started walking. Kyungsoo and Sehun exchanged looks but followed him without saying anything else. The longer they walked behind that man, the more it seemed like the rooms would get darker. When Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder, he saw that the darkness devoured the room. There was no way back.


Writing this chapter was a lot of fun!

I loved it to imagine this castle and Kris fits the character so well ^^

What do you think about it? :)

- Panda