- 12 - The grey man

Colourful World

You

“Okay then… how can I find that out?” you asked and looked at the four guys around you. “The best way would be to train up your powers. They must be inside you, you just need to find out how to use them.” Suho said with his hand on his chin.

“Good. How do I do this guys? Since you have powers you should know, right?” somehow the thought of using powers made you very enthusiastic and you suddenly really wanted to try that out. “It’s not that easy. Usually you get taught to use your powers when you are a child already. Since you are already grown up and haven’t used them at all, it will be harder for you. Especially because you have ALL powers within you, not just one.” Lay explained and scratched the back of his head. You chewed on your lower lip, facing the reality that it won’t be as easy as you thought at first. “I know someone who could help us here.” Tao raised his voice from the corner of the room and all the attention went to him.

“Xiumin. Leader of the Grey’s military. He teaches people to use their powers every day.” He told us and Suho nodded in agreement. “Yes, you are right. He might be our best choice.” Suho added. You jumped up from the bed, ignoring the little pain that shot up your knee at the moment your feet touched the ground and beamed a smile at them. “Fine! Then let’s go!”

About one hour later, you stepped through a yellow teleport station again and found yourself back on another planet. Tao, Suho, Lay and Jongin all came with you, guarding you so that nobody could hurt you or kidnap you once again. While the four men immediately made their way to the place where they wanted to meet Xiumin, you needed some more time, just to look around at this new world. As they already told you, it was the grey planet, but it was amazing HOW grey it actually was. The sky was covered with clouds in dark grey shades, which looked as if they would be about to fall down to the ground every moment. There were a lot buildings which all looked as if they were made of pure steel and most of them had a strange looking surface. You stepped closer to a wall and noticed that it was actually made of a zillion tiny steel threads. Amazed by that, you touched the wall and just like you had imagined it, it was cold as ice.

“Ji-Sun!” Jongin called out to you and you jumped in surprise. “S-Sorry, I’m coming already!” you replied and caught up to the guys who were all waiting for you. Suho chuckled about your behaviour and Lay just smiled slightly at you while Tao didn’t care at all and just turned around to keep on walking. After 5 more minutes of walking through the street, you finally arrived at a building that was not just made of these steel threads but was also surrounded by a fence with the same material. On top of the fence, the threads weren’t knotted together and stood in the air like spikes. It made you think of barbed wire immediately and you wondered if it had the same function. You stopped together with the others in front of the gate and Tao pressed a button. Just a few seconds later, a voice appeared and asked who was there. “Tao here. I am here to visit Xiumin.” Tao spoke. There was no reply to be heard, instead a ringing sound appeared and the gate slowly opened. Everyone followed Tao as he leaded you through the big area and into the building. It was huge. Not high as the others had been, but much wider and with two or three extra halls around. Tao pushed the big entrance doors open and held it up, so that you could go through at first. “Oh, thank you.” You quickly said and earned a gentleman-like smile from him. That gesture was quite much surprising you, but on the same time gave you a sense of sympathy for this mysterious guy. After everyone had entered, Tao took over the lead again. He seemed to know this building inside out and nobody asked any questions, so you guessed he had been here quite often already. Also because they just let him enter like that. Tao stopped in front of a door at the end of a hallway and knocked on it. Somehow you felt a little nervous now that you were going to meet a new person and your heart jumped a little when you heard a muffled ‘Come in’ from behind the door. Tao opened and let you enter the room at first.

It was a bureau which looked a bit like the one from America’s president. In the middle of the room was a big writing desk, on both sides of it flags and on the walls were several pictures and documents in frames. Behind the desk was a young man sitting, his head lowered over a piece of paper, and wrote something down. Not really sure what to do in such a situation, you turned around to face the four guys behind you and Tao just nodded with his chin to the front, telling you to go further. You slowly approached the man and the others followed you, just Tao stood right beside you. The man stopped writing and placed the pencil beside the paper before he looked at you first and then to Tao.

“Oh, an old friend comes to visit me. Welcome back, Tao. And who are you, young lady?” the man asked and smirked in your direction. “This is Ji-Sun. She is… the legend.” Tao answered before you could even try to speak. The man raised his eyebrow and his attention went back to Tao. “”The legend’, you say?”

“No doubt. It’s her.” The man, you supposed he was the one Tao called Xiumin before, squinted his eyes and looked at you with thoughtful eyes. “Well, well. And who are the others?” he asked then, looking behind you. You were surprised that he didn’t ask any questions and believed it just like that. He was either not interested or had already believed that ‘the legend’ was alive and real. “May I introduce? This is Suho, prince of the blue nation. Jongin, an inhabitant of the brown planet and Lay, inhabitant of the purple planet.” Tao explained and pointed at the guys behind you. Once again, Xiumin’s eyebrows raised. “Purple planet? I haven’t been aware of the fact that there was a purple planet.” Xiumin replied and watched Lay as if he was some kind of alien. “As you can see, there is. But this is not the point now.” Yixing said with a serious look on his face. “Xiumin, we need your help. You are the best of the best colour coaches. We need someone who can teach Ji-Sun how to use her hidden powers.” Tao explained fast and stepped a bit closer to the desk where Xiumin was still sitting. Xiumin folded his hands in front of his mouth and looked between you and Tao while keeping his mouth shut. An awkward silence followed and you started to feel uneasy under Xiumin’s stare.

“What proves me that she is really the legend?” he asked after some time. You heard a sigh coming from Tao and he face-palmed himself. “You should know that I only come to you when it’s serious. You know me. Why should I lie to you or come here when I am not 100 percent sure of it?” Tao replied and obviously got the reaction he wanted. Xiumin stood up from his chair and finally approached you. Now that he was closer and the light was shining on him in another way, you could see that he wasn’t nearly as old as he had appeared before. At first you would have guessed him to be in the midst of 30 but now you saw that he was definitely not older than 25. With a serious look on in his eyes, Xiumin looked into your face and you needed to gulp out of uneasiness. “Please excuse my behaviour. I haven’t introduced myself yet, did I?” Xiumin asked and a little smile was about to appear on his lips. “My name is Xiumin. I am the leader of the military on this planet. Also I am one of the best colour coaches you can find on any of the planets. Nice to meet you.” He suddenly said, all formally and stretched out his hand. With a little hesitation you grabbed his hand and shook it, noticing that it was unnaturally cold. “Ji-Sun. The pleasure is all mine.” You replied and surprisingly earned a warm smile from the grey man.

“Okay, so how exactly am I supposed to help you?” Xiumin asked then, directed to the entire group. After Lay had explained how exactly you got here and Tao had explained the problem, Xiumin looked more and more serious and full of thoughts. His forehead showed wrinkles while he walked up and down in the big room. As soon as Tao had stopped explaining, Xiumin stopped walking as well and sat back down on his chair. “Okay, so you say you have no idea how to use any power?” he asked and looked at you. Slowly, you shook your head and shrugged your shoulders. You were a normal human till now, how were you supposed to even KNOW about any of this stuff? A little silence followed and suddenly, the wrinkles on Xiumin’s forehead disappeared. “I think I know how to help you.” He finally said and smiled. “Really? That’s great!” Tao busted out and for the first time since you met him, you saw him smiling. He was such a serious man and it somehow filled your heart with happiness as well when you saw him like that. From behind you, you could hear the other guys sigh in relief. “There is only one thing left to think about.” Suho’s voice disrupted the good mood.

“What is it?” you asked and turned around to him. “Well… you don’t have a home anymore, right? Where will you stay?” he asked and you noticed that you really haven’t thought about that till now. “Oh, that’s no problem. Since the training will be held every day, she can stay here for now. We have a lot of rooms in this building and although it’s one of the safest places to stay at. If anyone comes to the idea of searching for her once again, they won’t come in here that fast.” Xiumin said and Suho nodded as a response. “Okay, so… we can let her in your care now?” Kai asked and when you looked at him, you could see a little bit of sadness and insecurity in his eyes. Xiumin nodded. “Sure, there is nothing else you will need to care about. Of course you guys are allowed to visit her anytime.” He explained. You turned around to the rest of the guys and saw them all looking a little sad. Also you yourself weren’t sure how to deal with this situation.

Lay was with you most of the time and he got close to you somehow. You could see him smiling and nodding reassuringly at you, but you saw that it made him a little sad to let you go as well. Suho was a prince and did a gesture of solidarity to you but in his eyes was also something that made you feel unhappy. Jongin had been nice to you all the time and cared for you so much, it felt somehow strange to just stay here and leave him like that. His little hiding spot under the earth had already felt a little like home to you. When you looked at Tao, you saw that he was proud and happy and smiled at him, but his serious side followed right away and somehow you felt the urge to make him smile more. Deep in his heart, he was a truly nice person and you wanted to know why he got so sad and make it better. During such a short period of time, these four guys got really close to your heart and it somehow felt like a farewell but also like a new beginning. “Thank you guys. Really. I don’t know where I would have gotten without you.” You said, totally out of the blue. “Aww, come on, you sound as if you would never see us again. We will visit you, for sure.” Suho said and – dorky as he was – came to hug you. His strong arms felt good and you couldn’t help but laugh at his sudden gesture of friendliness. When he let go, you saw Lay already waiting behind him with stretched out arms. This time it was you who came to hug and stayed a little longer in his arms. “Thank you for rescuing me.” You mumbled against his shoulder and felt his chest shaking as he laughed. “No problem.” He replied. You felt that he wanted to say some more, but somehow he didn’t.

Your eyes met Jongin’s and both of you started laughing. “It’s group pressure.” He said between two laughers and you shortly hugged him as well. Somehow, he smelled like earth and wood, but that shouldn’t surprise you, since he was living under the earth. When you turned around, you saw Tao standing there awkwardly stretching out his hand. “Tell Xiumin if you need me, he will make sure I will come and see you then.” He said as you took his hand, but didn’t let go of you. Both of you stared down on your hands and you couldn’t help yourself but hug him as well. He seemed surprised and didn’t react at first but then, slung his arms around you as well. “Thank you. I will remember that.” You answered and let go of him again. For the blink of an eye you could swear to see him blushing a bit but he turned to Xiumin so you couldn’t be sure of it. “Okay, now that the goodbye-thing is over, one of the guards is going to show you your room. I bet you are deadly tired. We will start with the training tomorrow morning, around 8 o’clock. Make sure you are ready then, I will be there to pick you up.” Xiumin said and before he ended the sentence, one of the guards was already by your side.

You took one last glance at the guys and told them goodbye, before you made your way to the door. The guard opened the door for you and before you left the room, you could hear Xiumin asking Yixing to tell him more about the purple planet.


Hello again!

Xiumin appeared :3 

What do you guys think of this chapter? Do you like the story so far?

Many sunny greetings from Panda ;)