Chapter 5

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Na.." I heard him trying to call me, but I turned away before he could. I felt immature, but what can I do?

I don't really want to talk to him right now... I mean, why does he have to meddle in all my stuff... We're not even close friends or something, I appriciate the effort of trying to help me but...

I felt bad for ignoring him, I glanced at him and saw him eating the food with a sad face while saying nothing and shortly after my food came too. The atmosphere was bad, no, it was awkward. Why couldn't we just exchange sits to that I'd be beside Eunji unnie.

"..Ne, Taemin-sshi." I said hesitantly. He immediatly turned his head towards me, feeling his gaze I went stiff for a second.

"Yes?" he said in a soft voice. I kept staring straight trying to find the right words to say and then I turned my head towards him too and started to whisper to him so that no one else could hear "Look...I'm..sorry. I know you mean well when you're trying to help me and stuff... it's just... I don't know... I'm not used to this much attention. Also you're like.. the first person to know that I like Jogin so I'm really scared of anyone else finding out and thus ruining my friendship with Jogin..."

He nodded and slowly turned away putting his arms up covering his face, he sighed of relief and smiled. "...I'm glad..."

"Huh?" I said while tilting my head.

"Well,that...you're not mad at me. I'm glad. I was trying to find the right words to say I'm sorry but you spoke to me first..." he smiled brightly. " So... peace?" he offered his pinky finger. "Peace." we interlocked our pinkies and smiled at each other.

The flight was still awkward, after that we couldn't talk to each other, sure we made up but there wasn't really anything else I could talk about to h-

"Naeun-ah, do you like Spain?" he casually said to me.

"Uhh yes." I was startled by the sudden question, I couldn't think of another answer.

"Jinja? Nado... I've always wanted to visit it you know? Eating paella,churros, their red wine and so on! This trip's gonna be lots of fun."

"Yeah..."

I heard him giggle so I glanced towards him yet again, he was cutely staring at me, I felt shy.

"Ya... uri Naeunie is red like a tomato. Why are you so shy with me? No need to right? We've been through a lot, isn't it the time to open up to me?" he said with his legs crossed and his head resting in his palm.

"I'm sorry but I'm introverted Lee Taemin, it really takes me long before opening up to someone... I'm not even that close to Eunji and Chorong unnie's friends. They just kinda hang out with me cause my unnies drag me along..."

"Mhh, I don't think so?" 

I turn towards him and give him a - What makes you think so - look. He giggles , his lips and bites them.

"Well... this is going to sound weird aight... Naeun you have special aura in you. You already know that you're one of the princesses at school, but you're also really humble, hardworking, whenever I'm with you and we don't, I guess, fight I always felt like you really listen to me you know? Like right now. Sure you may be introverted but I think the other don't hang out with you just because of that! You're adorable and sensitive, it makes everyone trying to protect you, I think."

After saying that he just turned his head away and silence once again. I felt my face turning red and hot. I stared down... "Thank you..."

 

##

 

Ottoke, Pabo Lee Taemin! Why did you say that?! Now she's going to think that I'm flirting! Or worse, that I like her! Well do I? No.. I don't, but I just want to be friends...

"Thank you..." I heard her almost-whisper thank you. I quickly turned towards her and saw a blushing Naeun. I started to blush too...

-dum dum.... dum dum-

I placed my hand in my chest. Anya... my heart too... what is this!

This couldn't get any more awkward. Now that I could finally talk to her, I say something that makes us embarassed again... I turn my head towards her again and find out she's really... REALLY red. This makes me giggle a little and I saw her tilting as she was a little shocked.

"Naeun-ah."

"Eung?" 

"I had a dream. It was a ghost dream. It was scary."  I tried to do the aegyo that was now trending.

"..." Naeun looked at me as if I was an alien and placed a hand to cover , I turned away hiding my face.

"Moya..." Naeun started giggling only to break into a laughter. I turned again, this time facing her, she was laughing with all her heart.

"Was it that weird? I just wanted to ease the awkwardness..." 

"Ahahaha... Nah, it's okay Lee Taemin"

"Neh, Naeun-ah, isn't it about time to drop formalities? Just call me Taemin oppa or something! Even Krystal started to call me oppa..."

"Mh... I don't know... I'm not good at that stuff..."

"What do you mean? Why do you call Suho your oppa then? C'moon , jebaaal."

"Because we're like childhood friends! Also, I kind of wanted to ask you something..."

"Tche... Well, what is it?"

"Why are you and Krystal so close all of a sudden? She's usually really cold to boys..."

"Well, let's just say I'm really charming. That girl is really complicated, but I think she's a good person... also she's really fun to tease!"

"Do you like her...?"

"Krystal? No... she's just a cute lil' sister like you. And, even if I did like her... remember there's Jogin! Never break the bro-code." I paused for a moment and looked at Naeun. " Or... do you want me to like Krystal? I mean, I do start to like her and make her fall for me, then Jogin would be broken hearted and you could, let's just say... 'heal' him. Also, I know that he wouldn't have a grudge on me cause he's a really good person."

"No way, I would hate that! I never want to see Jogin hurt never again.  Let it be me instead, I'm used to being hurt. Anyway, umh... It's late! Let's sleep otherwise we will have no energy tomorrow..."

I let out a brief sigh, "eung, arasso naeun-ah." she gave me a brief smile and her mp3. I turn on my cellphone and start playing some games while listening to my music. 

After a few hours Naeun fell asleep, and so did the rest of the people in the airplane. It was currently 1 am, somehow I just couldn't get myself to sleep, I kept looking for a nice and comfy position but airplanes are just so... uncomfortable. I looked at Naeun and...I gasped. She was sleeping with her eyes open so I thought she was looking at me the entire time.

"Haha... that's kinda cute.. and creepy." suddenly her face changed from relaxed to... sad? a small tear dripped in her face. I gently wiped it and moved her head to make it rest on my shoulder.

"See... you really are in so much pain right now... it makes me sad too... what can I do for you Naeun-ah..." I moved the bit of hair that was covering her face to the side *gulp* , I suddenly felt kind of nervous being beside her, when you look really carefully you can see why she's the princess of the school. She's really freaking beautiful. I took her head, interlaced her fingers with mine and kissed her hand.

" Goodnight Naeun-ah. " I was now in a comfortable position, I gently rested my head against hers and fell deeply asleep.

 

##

 

I felt someone moving my head and I slowly opened my eyes, Taemin was talking to me, what he said made me want to cry. He's being so nice yet earlier I was being a to him. He then suddenly moved the hair that was in my face and held my hand tightly. I felt that my face was starting to turn red and hot.

"Goodnight Naeun-ah." and he rested his head on mine. He was kind of heavy... but it was comfortable. I had this warm feeling, and I didn't want to shake him off.So I slowly fell asleeping once again.

 

- 7 hours later -

 

The sun made his way to my eyes, the feeling of light was bothering me. Then I heard some whispers...

" Waaaa, aren't they so cute? "

" Are they going out? "

" Yeah I think so, Taemin always seemed to have an interest in her. "

" I don't mind, if it was someone else I would've probably been jealous... but just look at them. They're adorable. "

Emh... I guess they're talking about us... should I wake up now?

But Taemin did before me,  he let out a huge "MHHHHHHH" and streched himself, I realized that our hand were still together... that's why everyone was mistaking us for a couple. Anyways, I slowly opened my eyes too and opened the window.

"Good Morning, why are you all staring? ....Are we in Spain yet?" said Taemin while looking at everyone.

"Ah... No. Well, technically, yes. We just have an hour or so and we're landing." said a classmate to Taemin.

"Ok, thanks." he then turned to me and smiled " Good morning. "

"Eh? Ah.. emh... good morning... " I said while not looking at him.

"Ya!" a feminine voice came from behind. "Are you two going out or something, sleeping like that?" we both turned aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter